Thought I'd share this here - info about possible CRV

Twingle

DIS Veteran
Don't know if I have the right abbreviation for a DVC at the Contemporary, but thought CRV is what I had seen before.

I had to call my guide today with a few questions, and while we were talking I asked her what the chances were of DVC being at the Contemporary in a few years, since AKV was just announced.

There was a big, long, laugh, and she said "I could get in big trouble just by telling you you were HOT." So, I asked her if I was "cold". Another big, lllooooonnnngggg laugh. She said all she could admit to was that it had been discussed. And laughed some more.

Here's to hoping for CRV!:woohoo:

Don't know if I have the right abbreviation for a DVC at the Contemporary, but thought CRV is what I had seen before.

I had to call my guide today with a few questions, and while we were talking I asked her what the chances were of DVC being at the Contemporary in a few years, since AKV was just announced.

There was a big, long, laugh, and she said "I could get in big trouble just by telling you you were HOT." So, I asked her if I was "cold". Another big, lllooooonnnngggg laugh. She said all she could admit to was that it had been discussed. And laughed some more.

Here's to hoping for CRV!:woohoo:

OK, not the most concrete evidence but its something.:thumbsup2

Since I was expecting a flat out NO, I thought her reaction could be a positive thing!

Although, I am a glass half full type of person . . .

Well that is a much better outlook on life then being a glass half empty kind of person!

Unless of course the guides are all having a big laugh about us around the ol' water cooler. "Those crazy DVCers... believing in flying reindeer."

My educated guess is that we will see CRV in a few years. It just makes sense as the next expansion site. The question will be exactly when. I'm pulling before the decade ends.

I still say to the others who always say I will belive it when I hear about or see it, well how much more evidence do you need because the biggest clue that this will happen is that the North Garden Wing has been torn down.

I think the guides and others love pulling members chain.

Unless of course the guides are all having a big laugh about us around the ol' water cooler. "Those crazy DVCers...

Well OF COURSE their having a big laugh about the drooling!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I still say to the others who always say I will belive it when I hear about or see it, well how much more evidence do you need because the biggest clue that this will happen is that the North Garden Wing has been torn down.

I think the possibility of family suites being built on this location has as good of a chance of happening as a DVC resort. JMO

I think the possibility of family suites being built on this location has as good of a chance of happening as a DVC resort. JMO

family suites would be reasonable prices under $300 a night.

the rumor I heard were more like the ones at the Polyn.

around $1,000 to $3,000 a night.

so unless your family has a heck of alot more money than mind does - I don't consider that amount of money a family suite.

this would be definitely for the people with money that right now sometimes Disney has turn away because all their suites for the time this person (people) wanted was taken.

here the rack rates from Disney for what I am talking about.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortRates?id=PolynesianResortRatesListingPage

not only are these things priced way high - Disney does NOT give any discounts on these things.

That's MY problem with the "family suites" theory. To make they true "family suites" (in the vein of those at All Star Music...but larger and nicer), they'd have to be roughly the price of 2 rooms + small premium. That would put them in the range of about 500 to 800 per night (in value season). To do that, though, you'd VASTLY devalue the existing 1BR suites, which already go for $1200 - $1500 per night.

I'm also not sure what the demand, given the price, for a "family suite" would be in THAT price range, even (500 - 800 a night). However, I could make a pretty good guess that demand for monorail DVC accomodations would be pretty high.....

oh yea - they could definitely sell it to us!!!

my opinion - the reason this place is on hold - Disney is a trying to find out - if they could charge $1,000 to $3,000 nightly for these suites.

It is a good business practice.

but really, really want a CRV!!!

can only hope. As someone else says - we will happily share!!! - they can have half the building and we get the other half.

just as long as our half also has access to the top.

It is always fun to speculate!

I agree that they are weighing their options and it is going to go one way or the other...DVC or suites...and they have to do some market research to see if the suite option is viable.

One the one hand, they just announced AKV--and it is large, so it will take some time to sell out. On the other hand, there was a time when they had 4 properties for sale all at once, so I can see them selling AKV and CRV at the same time (giving AKV a 2 year head start).

So that is my official prediction...CRV will be announced in 2009. Or maybe it will be announced earlier (heck the North wing is already gone) but won't be available to purchase until 2009). Though that might be a bad decision as people might WAIT to purchase if they announce but delay the purchase date. On the other hand, folks may buy in just so they can get the member pre-sale.

Phew...I sure do have a lot of hands going here... :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Don't shoot the messenger, but I live in Rhode Island and on Easter Sunday my SIL's mother, who has a relative that works for DVC, said that this person told her that the North Wing was removed for the building of CRV!!! I'm just repeating what I was told so, if it never happens, please be kind, but I have no reason to not believe her.

We just returned from 9 days at SSR. We went to the Contemporary 3 times- twice for dinner and once to rent boats. Every CM we spoke to at the Contemporary said that DVC is being built there. My sister and nephew went parasailing and we went on the boat for the ride. The 2 CM's were pointing out different things and pointed to the site of the old north wing and said that's where DVC is going. we didn't even mention it- they did.

It is always fun to speculate!

I agree that they are weighing their options and it is going to go one way or the other...DVC or suites...and they have to do some market research to see if the suite option is viable.

One the one hand, they just announced AKV--and it is large, so it will take some time to sell out. On the other hand, there was a time when they had 4 properties for sale all at once, so I can see them selling AKV and CRV at the same time (giving AKV a 2 year head start).

So that is my official prediction...CRV will be announced in 2009. Or maybe it will be announced earlier (heck the North wing is already gone) but won't be available to purchase until 2009). Though that might be a bad decision as people might WAIT to purchase if they announce but delay the purchase date. On the other hand, folks may buy in just so they can get the member pre-sale.

Phew...I sure do have a lot of hands going here... :rotfl: :rotfl2:

My "conspiracy theory" is that CRV is coming. The reason there's been no announcment is a) They won't be ready to sell points for a two to three years and b) don't want to impact sales of AKV and the final phases of SSR.

I think there is some sort of Florida timeshare law that 70% (or something like that) of construction has to be complete before you can sell shares in a timeshare unit. Looking at the "leaked plans", it's going to be hard to open a place like that in "phases", because it's concrete and steel highrise construction. I mean, sure, they'll be able to open up floor by floor once interior consruction and room build out is done, but by that point more than 70% of construction would be done, because 100% would be done on the superstructure, and just interior construction and decorating would need to be done. I think that goes a long way toward why we haven't heard anything "official" yet....and why they chose AKV to go "first" over CRV.

All complete speculation, on my part, keep in mind.

nobody is doubting anyone.

I really, really want a CRV!!!!

but 2009 or 2010 would work much better on my budget.

oh I would love it - at long last a DVC resort on the monrail.....:3dglasses :cool2:

I think before this latest rehab to Cont - we were getting it. but the rehab brought in a bunch of people and make the Cont a hot property again (haven't been a hot property since the 80's).

so I really believe that Disney resorts may kept it. Hope not!!! but I try to prepare for the worst - then I am not too disappointed when they say it will be the MK suites instead of a CRV.

these MK suites won't be family suites - they will be very, very expensive. So although a family would fit and yes that makes it a family suite - the price will be high much higher than what I think of as a family suite.

these MK suites won't be family suites - they will be very, very expensive. So although a family would fit and yes that makes it a family suite - the price will be high much higher than what I think of as a family suite.

See, again, that's where I start to wonder.

I'm not sure I can see there being (and, of course, Disney knows better on this) a huge demand for ultra high end suites, in those kinda numbers...with the 4 Seasons resort going up, essentially right across the lake. In making that deal, I don't think a) Disney would cut it's own throat if the Contemp Suites were coming or b) the 4 Seasons would have signed the deal knowing that the Contemp Suites would be competing with them. I mean, maybe...but from a cursory look, it just doesn't seem to add up, for me.

Now, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if Disney decided to take what it's currently doing at AKL (using the main lodge for both guests AND some DVC accomodations) and did THAT with the new building, only with the reverse ratio: Mostly DVC, some number of ultra high end "corporate" suites. THAT is one thing I've noticed the contemp lacks as a convention site: A good sized number of "convention friendly/corporate friendly" suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter