Thought I'd share this here - info about possible CRV

Our family just came back from WDW. While on a Wishes Cruise our captain confirmed that a 15 story DVC was going up. They can't all be wrong...can they?
Sure, we've been far closer to two DVC resorts that never happened, Eagle Pines and Newport Coast.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't WDW already have timeshare rooms and hotel rooms in a few of their Resorts? Some examples that come to mind is the Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk Villas, Yacht Club, Beach Club and Yacht Club Villas, Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge and Villas at the Wilderness Lodge and in a few months Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. All of those are Resorts with regular guest rooms and rooms with villas style accomodations.

You're right about both in the same resort, but in the cases of BWV, BCV, and VWL, a separate building was constructed for the DVC component. Yes in the case of BWV they were built simultaneously and connected by a lobby, but it's still separate buildings. The current construction at AKL will be the first time the same *building* contains both DVC and hotel units.

You're right about both in the same resort, but in the cases of BWV, BCV, and VWL, a separate building was constructed for the DVC component. Yes in the case of BWV they were built simultaneously and connected by a lobby, but it's still separate buildings. The current construction at AKL will be the first time the same *building* contains both DVC and hotel units.
Oh ok now I see how it works at a few of the Resorts, so thanks for the information. Also in the case of the BWV I don't see them as being in a seperate building, even though they are connected with the lobby. I was looking at a map of the Boardwalk and the Villas side and to me it did not look like they were in seperate buildings because their end was still connected to the other side. I guess in my view a seperate building is something that is not connected to another part of the building. Like the log houses at the Polynesian, each one is seperate and not connected and it's the same way at the Boardwalk. Each building of rooms are not connected to one another.

Oh ok now I see how it works at a few of the Resorts, so thanks for the information. Also in the case of the BWV I don't see them as being in a seperate building, even though they are connected with the lobby. I was looking at a map of the Boardwalk and the Villas side and to me it did not look like they were in seperate buildings because their end was still connected to the other side. I guess in my view a seperate building is something that is not connected to another part of the building. Like the log houses at the Polynesian, each one is seperate and not connected and it's the same way at the Boardwalk. Each building of rooms are not connected to one another.

You could just call them separate wings then if you want. In any case they are a totally separate building format (layout). And I'm pretty sure that someone with a room key for the BW Inn could not use that key to get into one of the exterior doors for the BWV.

In a way BCV and VWL are also 'connected' to the regular hotel lobbys via their covered walkways. OKW and SSR would be separate buildings for each individual building group of villas.

Was just listening to a podcast from WDW Radio Show from last week and the latest is that the next DVC location ..........

WON'T be in Orlando :(

they hinted at an island DVC resort (no not Castaway) Nassa, the St's,

:confused3 guess we'll just have to wait a couple of years to find out.

I thought that 2009 was the first phase of the new construction. I think that there will be three phases of the new construction.

Both. 1st phase is due to open in early '09. Construction is due to be complete in late '09. Or that's the plan, anyway.

Since you're an AKV owner I assume you know more about the construction plans. Things I've read in the plans marked Kidani as opening in 2009. Since it is essentially one long building joined by a central lobby with amenities, I assumed it meant most of the construction would be complete that year.

I know it's a sort of collection of buildings but I doubt they'd leave so much unconstructed when they started accepting guests. At least I hope not. But as I said, being an owner I presume you've asked harder questions then I have about the construction schedule.

it is to be build in section. but the finally section will be completely in 2009.

that was what I was told.

They could put high-end suites in the top two stories and the rest DVC, or they could put family suites into the mix as well. What's more the building could be nearly done before we here were sure which way(s) it was going.

no!!!

I would suggest sharing the entire building - they get half - we get half - like the BWV and BWI. Of course maybe we get a little more than half.....:cloud9:

well we could have spies - watching - if a full kitchen then DVC, if a kitchenett (like the studios) then MK suites.....:laughing: :rotfl:

want the top floor to be a DVC!!! okay they will probably only put up the GV or 2-bedroom dedicated....but I can dream!!!:thumbsup2

It wasn't meant to be a suggestion, just an evil possibility. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut!

no!!!

I would suggest sharing the entire building - they get half - we get half - like the BWV and BWI. Of course maybe we get a little more than half.....:cloud9:

well we could have spies - watching - if a full kitchen then DVC, if a kitchenett (like the studios) then MK suites.....:laughing: :rotfl:

want the top floor to be a DVC!!! okay they will probably only put up the GV or 2-bedroom dedicated....but I can dream!!!:thumbsup2

I will tell you in a couple of weeks.;)

but I don't think so.

they only tested the part in the parking lot - don't they need to test the entire area? or is this a stupid questions?

No news, but staying at the Contemporary this weekend, and will defenitely keep my ears open! We were there last month and the North Wing was more or less gone, just some of the steel structure remained. I'm also hoping for a DVC there, figure its the next best thing to the Polynesian Villas!

We were there 10 days ago and there were bulldozers working behind the barriers on the land that was cleared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter