• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Flying Fish Cafe

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
DH and I will be in Disney in the fall to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We will be staying at Yacht Club. The plan is to spend our anniversary day at Epcot then do a nice dinner that evening. We would like to stay in the Epcot/Yacht Club area incase we decide to go back to Epcot after dinner. We have already dined at Yachtmans Steakhouse, and was looking for a new place. The menu looks nice at Flying Fish, but I honestly haven’t heard much about it. Just looking to see if others have enjoyed their meals there.

We have eaten many times at Flying Fish before and after the remodel. It remains very good. Have yet to have a bad meal there, never felt rushed.
If you are looking for a special seafood meal, I encourage you to look at BlueZoo at the Dolphin. Wonderful food. If you are on the DDP, BlueZoo is not.
We also enjoyed Monsieur Paul (really nice for a special occasion) in France and Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco.

Went to Flying Fish last weekend. Our first time there and our first time staying at Boardwalk. We had reservations for dinner in Epcot, but were too cold, wet, and tired to get back out in it (rained all day long), so we booked Flying Fish. So glad we did! A beautiful and elegant space, great service, and the food was delicious! My wife thought the salmon was the best she's ever had. Great seafood and an extensive wine list. You won't be disappointed.

We really like Flying Fish. I’m a seafood lover and DW prefers steak. She says that FF does steak as well as Yachtsman, so it’s a good choice for us.

We have dinner at the Flying fish whenever we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I highly recommend eating there. Amazing food and the wine list is excellent.

We are huge fans of Flying Fish. While their menu is a little small for my liking, the food has always been superb and I think it is the most beautiful restaurant on property.

Flying Fish, so far, has my most favorite meal of all time. And their pork belly appetizer....OMG!!!! It is absolutely incredible. That's the good news. Bad news...what we ordered for dinner, the lobster with Nero pasta, is no longer on the menu. :sad::sad::sad:The pork belly is stil on there. I have hear nothing but good things about their filet.

Flying Fish, so far, has my most favorite meal of all time. And their pork belly appetizer....OMG!!!! It is absolutely incredible. That's the good news. Bad news...what we ordered for dinner, the lobster with Nero pasta, is no longer on the menu. :sad::sad::sad:The pork belly is stil on there. I have hear nothing but good things about their filet.
When my DGD had the dish it was served with scallops instead of lobster. I was sooooooo proud of her eating her first truly big girl meal at a restaurant and despite the colour of the pasta she ate it up and was also disappointed that it wasn't on the menu the next time we returned.
And hallelujah to the pork belly appetizer! Just slamming :cool:.
PS - this is NOT the restaurant to skip dessert at or bring in a specialty cake. Eat what they have to offer as it's allllllllll good.

When my DGD had the dish it was served with scallops instead of lobster. I was sooooooo proud of her eating her first truly big girl meal at a restaurant and despite the colour of the pasta she ate it up and was also disappointed that it wasn't on the menu the next time we returned.
And hallelujah to the pork belly appetizer! Just slamming :cool:.
PS - this is NOT the restaurant to skip dessert at or bring in a specialty cake. Eat what they have to offer as it's allllllllll good.
Not long after we were there they replaced the lobster with the scallops. I bet it was delicious. Their desserts are so good. And we made the mistake of going to the Star Wars Dessert party right after dinner. Don't know what I was thinking. We didn't eat much at the party. LOL

DD15 and I ate at Flying Fish last week and just loved it! I had the scallops and she had the filet. Being on the DxDP we had apps, main course, and dessert. All were delicious!

The Flying Fish is hands-down our favorite place to eat at WDW. WE have never been disappointed there - give it a try for sure.

DH and I will be in Disney in the fall to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We will be staying at Yacht Club. The plan is to spend our anniversary day at Epcot then do a nice dinner that evening. We would like to stay in the Epcot/Yacht Club area incase we decide to go back to Epcot after dinner. We have already dined at Yachtmans Steakhouse, and was looking for a new place. The menu looks nice at Flying Fish, but I honestly haven’t heard much about it. Just looking to see if others have enjoyed their meals there.
The flying fish is one of our favourite restaurants.
The food as always been first class, the service to.

We are back at WDW in the summer & have booked the Flying Fish for our last night, & hopefully we can make it to Epcot for Illuminations after the meal.
We highly recommend the restaurant, ( my favourite is the char grilled Octopus)

Salmon, filet and octopus are delicious, as stated above! I loved my grilled romaine salad, and I'm looking forward to trying that pork belly in October!

My husband is not a wine drinker, but I ordered a bottle of merlot and was allowed to carry the unfinished bottle out with me. Does anyone know if I can go in and just buy a bottle of wine outside of our dinner night? I'll probably have plenty to grab at F&W, but I can't get the wine I had at FF at the festival...I'd just love to have a glass of that FF wine to toast on our first night at Boardwalk.

Salmon, filet and octopus are delicious, as stated above! I loved my grilled romaine salad, and I'm looking forward to trying that pork belly in October!

My husband is not a wine drinker, but I ordered a bottle of merlot and was allowed to carry the unfinished bottle out with me. Does anyone know if I can go in and just buy a bottle of wine outside of our dinner night? I'll probably have plenty to grab at F&W, but I can't get the wine I had at FF at the festival...I'd just love to have a glass of that FF wine to toast on our first night at Boardwalk.
Don’t know if you can order an unopened bottle of wine for takeout but as long as you have the label info you can order it online at a price that is generally less expensive. I’ve had good experiences ordering from

www. finding.wine.com for WDW delivery

Ate at Flying Fish last week and had the Crispy Oysters and Bruscetta Salad off of the appetizer menu and both were delish... I wanted to order the Grilled Romaine Salad as well, but it would have just been too much food. I was solo, so did walk up and ate at the bar, and had excellent service.

We really enjoy Flying Fish. If you ask to sit towards the front of the restaurant you can watch the chefs work and even converse with them.

Taking my mom here for her 80th birthday, in three weeks. We've never stayed at a Boardwalk resort, and we've never eaten at FF. Now I'm really getting excited for all our. "firsts" coming up!

FF is going to be our date night this trip. I'm really excited to go here. We have been trying to go for a while and something always seems to happen. I will cross my fingers and toes for this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter