Thoughts on Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

DisDude0521

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt
My fiancé and I are off to WDW in just 18 days and still can not decide if we want to get ourselves a reservations for Hoop-Dee-Doo. I have heard amazing things about it but the price per person is a little high and I just want to make sure that we will be getting our money's worth. Also are you able to use the Disney Dining Plan or is this something that has to be paid out of pocket? Thank you all!

It is fabulous in my opinion and we do it every trip. You can use the dining plan but it would be 2 table services instead of 1 per person. For us we love the show and always sit there laughing. Love the ribs and my kids love the strawberry shortcake. I think it would be the highlight of your trip :)

I love the Hoop Dee Doo.... I just booked ressies to see it a forth time. The show is a hoot and I think the food is pretty good for what it is - chicken, ribs, sides, dessert.

As for "is it worth the price?" Generally speaking the price aligns with other dinner shows. Medieval Times rack rate is about $60/each. Random dinner theaters in my area also run $55- $60/each. Murder mystery dinner trains rides in my area - also $60-65/each.

The price is reasonable since it’s a well done show in addition to unlimited food, wine, and beer. If you like the style of entertainment that Hoop Dee Doo is, it’s worth it. It’s also interesting from a Disney history perspective, given the age of the show.

We enjoyed it with my 3 yo grandson. We had never seen it before and it was a great experience. Unlimited beer and wine is cool if you partake. All you can eat and it takes a few hours. You can use the DP for seating in 2&3 areas but not for 1. It’s two TS credits. It’s nice to go a little early and check out the stables.

My DH and I have been to it three times. It's fun for all ages. It's funny and entertaining. The food is pretty good and worth what you pay for dinner and a show. We always book tier 1 seats and have sat abutting the stage twice. The actors interact with the audience quite a bit. One of the female singers was flirting with my DH as part of the show. It's just good fun.

It's an experience and a lot of fun. Had our first WDW dinner there on the 4th of July, 2017, and it set the tone of the day's celebration and rest of the trip perfectly. If you are on the DDP or DDDxP it'll cost 2 TS credits.

Where you sit won't make a difference in the ability to enjoy yourselves as the venue is small and it doesn't matter if you are an extrovert or introvert when it comes to being a part of the show. The food is served AYCTE. So far we've only been there with older kids but maybe one day we'll return on an adults' only trip.

You'll only know if it's worth it if you go.
I believe you can use DDP credits, but the math might say you will overpay if you use them instead of paying out of pocket. The math should be easy.

If you like the food offered, and you can drink a few beers, or whatever is included (Another cold Yeungling for me, please!) I think it's an absolute campy, silly riot. And the fried chicken / cornbread are CRAZY good.

I have never seen my 9yr old son laugh as hard as he did when the server asked me if we wanted more cornbread. I said, "yes," and then he slammed the cornbread loaf down on our metal tray with his metal tongs so hard, it made a clang that reverberated through the room. My son basically fell off his chair laughing.

The show is silly, just total silly, fun. Drink and eat your fill, then just go along with the silly fun.

We have gone twice and I'm hoping we go again in May. Love the show and the food.
Once we had tier 3 and the other time tier 2. Both had great views, I actually liked the tier 3 better since it was on the 2nd floor to the right of the stage. We had a perfect view of the show, and while a couple of the performers came up to our section we did not get picked for big interactions (which is how we like it ;)). Tier 2 was behind the tables right in front of the stage on the ground floor, great view as well.

Last edited:
We LOVE the Hoop De Doo but make sure you go hungry! We made that mistake last time and were bummed we couldn't fit anymore food in us.

We have been to Hoop Dee Doo far more than I should admit. We love it!

Probably not the best use of the DDP as it is a 2 table service credit meal. However, for a 2 credit meal, this one has alcohol included.

I believe if you use the DDP for this meal, you have to go with Category 2 or 3 for the first two shows, but you can get Category 1 for the 8:30 show. We prefer the 8:30 show as it is an awesome way to end the day! You can go straight to bed if you booze it up a little too much too.

Love Hoop de Doo so much, it's just a hoot. Last trip I was main floor right by the stage and it was fabulous, plus it was my birthday so I got to be part of the show.

I'd suggest you watch an internet video of at least a few minutes of this show to get an idea whether it's the type of thing you would like. It's popular but I didn't care for it. Also look at the menu and consider if you like that type of food and would it be worth it to you.

We just went on Friday and it was spectacular and so fun. We all enjoyed it, even my introverted husband. I hadn’t gone in thirty years and it was exactly the same in a good way. The food was good. It also includes wine and beer and tip.

Wow, I think I am the minority. It was once and done for me. I am glad to have experienced it, but it wasn't enough to make me go again. We used the dining plan on it with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter