• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on resale via Fidelity?

I purchased my 2 resale contracts (2021/2023) with Fidelity with 2 different agents and 2 different title companies. Both offers were submitted via email on a Saturday -with the typical "we received your offer" email -and on Monday I was contacted, the offers were accepted, and the documents initiated. At each step of the way, Fidelity and the title companies were super responsive to my emails, phone calls, and concerns. I would definitely use Fidelity again as their prices are some of the best and the customer service I experienced was excellent.

Bought my contract thru Fidelity as well and had no issues , but it was 3 years ago.

We just completed our closing with them and are currently waiting for Disney to set up our account. Extremely smooth process and great communication throughout.

I've bought 4 contracts through Fidelity (one fell through, one got ROFR'd). Overall, I think they're OK. I think both the broker side and their title company are not the most organized. I don't like their fee. I was also annoyed that I had a contract where the seller went MIA, and I think it took them longer than it should have to get my money back.

I bought my newest contract through another broker and Cammy, and it was definitely a marked improvement.

Bought last 2 contracts thru Fidelity, both were good, both thru Cammy, first one right before she left & started her own. No problems with either, although the first last March did take a long time for Disney to acknowledge. IDK if the reason was the title co or Disney. Latest one went way quicker.

Fidelity does have the best prices (for what I’ve been looking for anyway) and seems (to me atleast) that the salespeople are willing to get the deal done to move on to the next..

No spiel of how your asking too low (not that I bid extremely low), pretty much the same on other brokers listings & got the spiel. Also think it’s coz their prices are lower to begin with.

I’m 8 days since having an offer accepted and still not gone to ROFR! Appreciate it may just be the sellers being slow to sign the contract but if they don’t intend to sign I would like to know so I can ask for the deposit to be sent back!

We worked with fidelity for our most recent contract and had no issues at all.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it’s still considered an international sale even if one seller is US citizen. The IRS will require your SSN on the transaction as you (the buyer) are liable for the one seller’s FIRPTA tax in the event they don’t pay. The international sellers FIRPTA tax due will be 7.5% (half) of the standard 15%.

Any good title company will hold this back on your behalf. Just make sure you are using a good title company who handles these types of sales.

Just wanted to chime back in that both sellers have SSNs so it should all be good. I used the title company Fidelity recommends.

Aside from that question, the sale was completed without issue and I would work with Fidelity again.

I’ve used Fidelity many times (though it was about 2-3 years ago I added on my last resale through them) and had no real issues, and would certainly go through them again. I do tend to buy smaller contracts so just remember that broker fee can inflate your per point cost and add it in when looking at the total costs.

I’ve been doing a few add-ons recently(RIV and BLT) and fidelity has some good AKV listings in my use year. So I submitted an offer thru their website last Saturday and then called the agent name on the listing and left a message to confirm the offer.
As of now, never received an email response or a returned phone call about my offer. I only offered $5 per point less than asking. So I was prepared for them to just accept with no counter. I’ve closed about 10 resale contracts over the last 5 years and this is my first attempt with fidelity and likely my last. If i ever need to sell a contract I can’t imagine ever considering them, if I have to worry about never being presented with offers. Virtually every other resale company I’ve dealt with has always been super prompt in responses.

I’ve been doing a few add-ons recently(RIV and BLT) and fidelity has some good AKV listings in my use year. So I submitted an offer thru their website last Saturday and then called the agent name on the listing and left a message to confirm the offer.
As of now, never received an email response or a returned phone call about my offer. I only offered $5 per point less than asking. So I was prepared for them to just accept with no counter. I’ve closed about 10 resale contracts over the last 5 years and this is my first attempt with fidelity and likely my last. If i ever need to sell a contract I can’t imagine ever considering them, if I have to worry about never being presented with offers. Virtually every other resale company I’ve dealt with has always been super prompt in responses.
Retract the offer and make a new one that is $10 lower. ;)

We already own a mix of direct and resale spread over 3 resorts. For each of our resale purchases, we used the broker who cannot be named here and have been very happy. We though are looking to add on 300 to 400 AUL points in our same UY: likely will end up with unsubsidized contract which is fine and anticipate on bidding low since we aren’t in a hurry and will mostly be using these as SAP for Poly overwater bungalows or VGC as well as AUL every 2-3 years. I’ve been looking at the aggregators and Fidelity has a few contracts that would work but we are hesitant because of mix ups or errors that we’ve seen here.

What is the general consensus/experience with Fidelity? If we go with Fidelity, which specific title company should we request to make is the smoothest experience possible? And are there any brokers we absolutely should avoid?

thanks in advance!
I've bought several contract through DVCResaleMarkey and was happy with their services. Last year we did a contract through Fidelity and thought they were just as good if not better. They allowed online contracts to be signed instead of mailing them in via snail mail and paper. Overall Fidelity has better prices if you wait and find the right contract.

What is a reasonable time frame for a broker to respond to a DVC offer? I have sold some real estate as a broker here in MA. On the selling side I have never been involved in a transaction where the response - whether accepted, declined or countered was more than 24 hours.

To me even 24 hours is too much for a response (not accept/decline, as that depends on the seller). Everything is online these days. I expect at minimum a non-automated acknowledgement of the offer.

If I don’t hear back after 24 hours I move on. With fidelity I add a note that the offer is valid for 24 hours because some of the agents there are non responsive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter