Thoughts on this? Stupid? Smart? Other?

CathieArms

DIS Veteran
When we were at WDW 9 years ago, we bought an autograph book for my daughter. She had the characters sign it and it was cute while it lasted, but I'm not even sure I could tell you where it is today. I was thinking about doing something different this trip...

I have some plain canvas bags that were leftover from my dd's birthday party. I'm thinking about "painting" various disney characters on each one, adding my kids' names to them, and then using those as their autograph books. My thoughts are that (1) they're big enough to hold a lot of autographs, but small enough to fold up small and put in a fanny pack, and (2) they might come in handy for carrying things if they kids pick up stuff at the park.

Thoughts? Has anyone done this? I'm thinking that the bag is less likely to be discarded or forgotten after we return...

I think it's a great idea. You might want to have something hard to lean on for signing. One year my daughter bought a poster at Walmart with all the princesses in the castle and then got them to autograph the poster, which we framed and hung in her room. Then she can see it everyday, better than the autograph book that sits in a drawer somewhere. Last year, we made our own from shapes cut from cardstock which I then put into our scrapbook next to the picture. Some people get hats autographed, or pillowcases. I saw one post where someone is taking a small wooden picture frame. We are going to do that for Pixie Hollow, she is going to paint it before we go and then have the fairies (her favorites) sign the frame.

I was almost thinking about the way kids at graduation have their shirts signed, getting a big white shirt and a sharpie and have them have it signed. Then when you get home wash it and put it away as a souvenier. You can say this is how big you were when we went to Disney for ..... your first time, your birthday, etc. Just a thought.:goodvibes

:tink::tink::tink:I think the idea of a canvas tote is a wonderful idea. Not only is it easy to carry but you have something nice to take back home and use. I' going to steal your idea for my up coming trip August. Love it, thanks!

I was almost thinking about the way kids at graduation have their shirts signed, getting a big white shirt and a sharpie and have them have it signed. Then when you get home wash it and put it away as a souvenier. You can say this is how big you were when we went to Disney for ..... your first time, your birthday, etc. Just a thought.:goodvibes

Just FYI the characters cannot sign a shirt if you are wearing it. I could not tell from your post if you were carrying or wearing. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter