"Three Digit Code" for A Poly Reservation??

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
Our neighbors two houses down booked the week after TG and when they booked the Ploy they asked for AAA rates and anything else they could think of and finally asked, 'Do we qualify for a 3 digit code rate". They did and got it for $169. Anyone else ever get this, and is there a chance of scoring a discount the first week in March 2007? We need 2 more days after our BWV Studio room ressie ends then.

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Bill From PA said:
Our neighbors two houses down booked the week after TG and when they booked the Ploy they asked for AAA rates and anything else they could think of and finally asked, 'Do we qualify for a 3 digit code rate". They did and got it for $169. Anyone else ever get this, and is there a chance of scoring a discount the first week in March 2007? We need 2 more days after our BWV Studio room ressie ends then.

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Sorry, I don't have any answers, but I was just wondering...what is TG and what on earth is a 3 digit code?? I want one if it means the Poly for $169...lol!

TG = Thanksgiving and Bill is referring to the three digit package code (three alphas, like XYZ). I esp like the one that was BEG last year. :lmao:

Hmmm....I am mostly just subscribing because I am sure interested in an explanation of how they got the Poly for that low price. I am an annual pass holder (have been for several years) and have always been told by Disney that the AP rates are about the lowest rates they will have on rooms. I just booked the YC AP rate deal in July and it was $189/nt, so wondering how somebody got the Poly for even less and so far in the future yet. :confused3 We usually hit WDW for Thanksgiving and have NEVER seen deals like that! I am thinking I will call and ask about that mysterious code and see what the CM's response is. ;)

Very curious.....

Lives4Disney :)

Also very interested in an explanation, looking for a great Poly rate too.

Do the neighbors go to WDW often??

The only thing I can think of it is in terms of a postcard PIN. You know the cards they randomly mail out. Gosh I have not received one in years- but for example one year we stayed at the BC- the next year about 3 months prior to our"anniversary" of that trip I got a postcard in the mail offering me a super cheap rate on a BC room. As I remember it was some 3 digit thing. Then another year (no postcard) I asked if there were any discounts associated with my name and came up with another great rate. So the point here is when you reserve your room always ask for any discounts associated to your name! I also have a friend that does the "what is the cheapest rate I can get for staying at X" She also will say "that's it?" and sometimes she has received a great rate- sometimes not.

I'd love to know more about this... we're staying at the Poly TG week and I'd LOVE a $169 rate!!!

They would have to show me their reservation before I would believe that rate. Most likely it's $269 a night. Like previous poster said, the only other explanation is a PIN code was attached to their name in the computer system.

Quote:'Do the neighbors go to WDW often??'

They're there right now, and I think they're probably AP holders. They go 2 -3 times a year.

Quote:'They would have to show me their reservation before I would believe that rate. Most likely it's $269 a night. Like previous poster said, the only other explanation is a PIN code was attached to their name in the computer system.'

They've been our neighbors for decades, they're straight shooters with no possible reason to lie, I won't be asking them for proof any time soon. I also took their description of how this went down as an indication that they had a code 'attached' to their names in the system as has been describes on this forum many times. You have to ask the CM, this info is rarely freely offered.

Bill From PA

Bill, I don't think anyone is accussing the neighbors of lying, but something has to be wrong with that rate. The rack rate for the Polynesian then is $315 before tax.

Now they might have gotten lucky and the CM made a mistake but something is not right. Even with an annual Pass, discounts are not out yet for November and pin codes are never that great of savings. That is almost 60% off.

Is it possible they meant one of the Port Orleans resorts? That would be priced around $169. for that time.

By the way Bill-I love your 24 hours/24 beers quote :thumbsup2 . It sounds like something my DH would say :drinking: .

oh how do i get that rate!!!! i would love that!!!!!!!! more info on how do i get that please.....

Five years ago I had an AP rate at the Poly of $179 a night, the following year it was $199 a night. So $169 a night just doesn't sound right at all to have a discount that is less than the one I had five years ago. Something's not right.

Regardless of what the rate is or isn't, I'm glad you posted this. After all these years of being fairly code savvy, I had no idea that you could ask CRO to check on a PIN Code. I thought you either got one or you didn't. I'm glad I know enough now to ask.... Thanks

iluvepcot said:
Regardless of what the rate is or isn't, I'm glad you posted this. After all these years of being fairly code savvy, I had no idea that you could ask CRO to check on a PIN Code. I thought you either got one or you didn't. I'm glad I know enough now to ask.... Thanks

I am the same way, I will be calling back this week to ask about my name. Maybe we will get lucky.

thanks bill!
because of this thread i actually starting reading the resort board section. I never realized that you can just ask for a code. i have never been over here on the resort board. i have learned alot! so thanks for your original post!

Last year I threw my postcard away before I came to the DIS and realized what a treasure I'd received. When I explained it to the CM they saw the three digit code and applied it. I will be sure to ask next time I book if there are any new 3 digit codes on my screen :)

It's Sunday as I write this so the neighbors should be returning from WDW soon and I'll ask again about their TG reservation, but I doubt we heard them wrong. They stay at the Poly a lot, which might explain the super sweet discount. Personally, I'd be happy to get Swan for the last 2 days of our 11 at the Teacher's Rate and stay in the Epcot area, it's my wife who wants to sample the Poly on the cheap.

Bill From PA

Thanks, Bill. That would be great to get clarification. I had a post card pin rate once, and it really was about $5/10 difference from an annual pass rate. Don't remember which was better. ;) I haven't called CRO yet -I need to about a current ressie, anyway - and thought I would ask about what that rate could be. It just is a hassle to call they want your life story before they will tell anything and then with my luck I would get a new CM.

I have stayed at the Poly and it is lovely. It woud be even lovelier to get it at that rate, LOL.

Good luck, hope you do find out and can snag it!

Lives4Disney :sunny:

If it sounded like I was accusing your neighbors of anything in my last post, I apologize - didn't mean it to sound that way. I can't wait to see what they tell you! I hope that it was indeed a PIN or a very sweet "thank you" rate from WDW because they have stayed at the Poly a number of times. That would restore my faith in Disney perks a lot. I was sure that most of the discounts were all but a memory. At least someone is getting a good price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter