Through the eyes of a DVCer, what would you show a newbie?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
A friend and her daughter will be joining me at the VWL for 5nights in March. They have been to the parks (I believe in 2001?) but I honestly dont think they've seen much beyond the parks. As her DH says "Once you see WDW, youve seen WDW and dont need to return". I dont think they've begun to touch the surface. So what should I make sure they see to really get a taste of what WDW truly offers?

I always try to show new folks the resorts. In my opinion, the deluxe resorts truly show what WDW is all about, without ever entering the parks.
Of course it goes without saying that a trip to the Adventurers' Club is in order. :teeth:

MG

I agree. Show them Beach Club and the Boardwalk, WIlderness Lodge, AKL, etc., rent a boat or rent one for a fireworks cruise. If they do want to go to a park, do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour or something like that. Go to DTD, see a movie, miniature golf..go to different restaurants, and so on. I used to think that way, until we went down in 2001. One of the many reasons we bought into DVC is that there's so much to do. (Though there are many more reasons.) WHat about Cirque du Soleil?

I think it really depends on them.

For instance, my mother in law, in her 60s, loved being exposed to Disney through restaurants (especially resort restaurants - kill two birds with one stone), Epcot and watching her grandchildren at the Magic Kingdom.

My Dad enjoys watching the grandkids, and Disney's golf courses

Five days isn't a lot and you didn't say how old the friend and daughter were. Horseback riding might be a nice way to spend an afternoon in an "unDisney" fashion. Or renting mouseboats. DisneyQuest or Cirque? If the daughter is younger, resort hopping is likely to bore her, so find the great attractions, make a plan that reduces lines and fill your days that way.

Im mid/late 40s, friend is late 30s and her daughter will be 15 just a few wks before our vacation.
Friend did say tonight that she wants to see more of EpCot (so I started playing an Off Kilter CD)

I'm not a fan of kids on Pleasure Island, but 15 is (IMO) old enough to enjoy early shows at the Adventurer's Club.

We like to take folks to some of the special things like Hoop de Doo or any dinner show at Disney plus the nice restaurants. We find 90% of our guests usually enjoy Epcot the most, so we start and end the trip there, and often go there each evening.

newholidayx2 said:
As her DH says "Once you see WDW, youve seen WDW and dont need to return".

Sounds like her DH isn't much of a DH. Sounds like he is more of an H or an NDH (non disney husband).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter