Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this work with an annual pass? We are staying on site for 1 day, then heading off site for 2 weeks where e will be intermittently going into wdw. Then 2 weeks later our family is coming down for a week where we be with them at wdw, then again the following 2 weeks or so we will still be there going into the parks. To keep the 60 day out fp does this mean that I have to book fp each day 60 days out even if I am not planning on being in the park that say? (We are there for a month and a half!)

How does this work with an annual pass? We are staying on site for 1 day, then heading off site for 2 weeks where e will be intermittently going into wdw. Then 2 weeks later our family is coming down for a week where we be with them at wdw, then again the following 2 weeks or so we will still be there going into the parks. To keep the 60 day out fp does this mean that I have to book fp each day 60 days out even if I am not planning on being in the park that say? (We are there for a month and a half!)
You really won't have much to worry about. 60 days out from your onsite stay and then 60 days out from each of your remaining first 7 planned park days, you'll be able to book FPs.

That's all you'll be able to pre-book based on your 7-day AP max.

Then, once you reach WDW, as you use up a park day, you'll be able to add FPs for another park day. You may want to plan FPs for AK for your onsite stay days.

So then at Christmas we should book another room. During the summer we will actually stay there but at Christmas I don't think we would. :(

So then at Christmas we should book another room. During the summer we will actually stay there but at Christmas I don't think we would. :(
If you stay offsite at Christmas, you are relegated to 30 days out FP booking for 7 park days.

How would this work if there was a free dining offer?

You would have to pay for a room for the whole stay, at the full retail price, plus tickets and park hopper. In exchange you would only get quick service dining plan. Campsites not included in free dining. Not sure if the math works for this.

OK, I think I have read things correctly, but maybe not.

There are 2 groups of us:
Me and travel partner
Sister and family
Total of 4 adults, and 2 kids.

Sister's party arriving 10/21 and leaving 10/27. So we'll do WDW from 10/22-10/26.
Since this apparently is "high" season, this if we book campsite for one night:
10/22-10/23 it's about $70 with taxes.
That gets us:
(6) MB (which would cost like $72 regularly)?
(2) days of free parking? (Which is like $40)?
and we can do the FP for the 5-day tickets at 60 days out from 10/22 (since we're staying offsite)?

Do I have that correct?
So in essence, spending $70 and it's netting us like $42 plus the 60-day FP (since we're staying offsite)?

Hello! We are going Thanksgiving via DVC, but I am having a hard time adding days to my current reservation and am waitlisted. Flights are still in the air so I want to have all possible days booked until we get our flights then drop what we don't need. My ADR date is approaching, but I need to start a couple of days earlier than my current reservation since I am waitlisted, and I am hearing that a lot of dining is booked in November, so I am going to book at FW for a few days at the beginning of our trip for now to be able to book those first couple of days on time. However, if I go ahead and book the full week, I would be able to book all of my ADR's at the same time instead of only the two days, then wait two days to book the rest with my DVC stay, correct? How does the 180 +10 work? Would I have to have 10 days booked to get that, and does this mean you can book 10 days or 11 days of ADR's? Thanks for any help on this!

Hello! We are going Thanksgiving via DVC, but I am having a hard time adding days to my current reservation and am waitlisted. Flights are still in the air so I want to have all possible days booked until we get our flights then drop what we don't need. My ADR date is approaching, but I need to start a couple of days earlier than my current reservation since I am waitlisted, and I am hearing that a lot of dining is booked in November, so I am going to book at FW for a few days at the beginning of our trip for now to be able to book those first couple of days on time. However, if I go ahead and book the full week, I would be able to book all of my ADR's at the same time instead of only the two days, then wait two days to book the rest with my DVC stay, correct? How does the 180 +10 work? Would I have to have 10 days booked to get that, and does this mean you can book 10 days or 11 days of ADR's? Thanks for any help on this!

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but I will take a stab at it. Yes, if you book a throwaway for the early part of your trip, you should be able to book ADR's for the entire time 60 days prior to you throwaway check-in date, for up to 10 days.

If you post actual dates for your trip, I may be able to get you more specific advice. Or start a conversation with me offline.

I have a question for some of the experts on this forum. We (party of 6) are staying offsite with a car for 1 week in August, and then onsite for a 2nd week. Our friends (party of 5) are staying offsite with us during the first week. We were all planning to get Magic bands and drive to the parks. It sounds like booking a Campsite for the 1st night of our stay might be a more affordable option. Also, being allowed to use the rolling 60 day FP+ window for the 1st week of our stay would be very beneficial. Where there are 11 of us, I assumed we'd need to book 2 campsites because the max allowed is 10. Is it possible to book only 10 of us on the campsite and buy the 11th magic band? We actually have a Magic Band we could use if it's still active (it's currently active in my account, but will be 2+ years by the time we travel). We only need parking for 2 cars, so as long as the adults are listed on the reservation I think we'd be fine. My question surrounds the FP+. If the 11th person is a family & friends with a ticket in MDX, will I be able to book their FP+ using 60 day rolling window or not? I had assumed NOT, but then I saw a post saying it WAS possible to book for someone not on the reservation as long as you are linked to them in MDX? I will either book 1 or 2 campsites depending on what we need. I certainly don't want to leave 1 person without FP+!

My question surrounds the FP+. If the 11th person is a family & friends with a ticket in MDX, will I be able to book their FP+ using 60 day rolling window or not?
You'll be able to book FPs for Person#11. Anyone listed or linked in your MDE shares the 60-day window.

**When the 60-day onsite window opens for Stay#2, all the offsite park days for Stay#1 are included in the open window.

So, 60 days out from Stay#2, you'll be able to book FPs for all your park days.

The rolling 60 only applies when the offsite park days are after the onsite days.

Would any of this work with a Halloween or Christmas Party ticket?

I have an 8 day length of stay ticket for a vacation in October but am also going to purchase Halloween Party tickets. Could I link the Party ticket to a separate account with a throwaway resort day and be able to book additional FP for two extra days or would that not work? Would I be limited to booking FP for just the Party day?

You'll be able to book FPs for Person#11. Anyone listed or linked in your MDE shares the 60-day window.

**When the 60-day onsite window opens for Stay#2, all the offsite park days for Stay#1 are included in the open window.

So, 60 days out from Stay#2, you'll be able to book FPs for all your park days.

The rolling 60 only applies when the offsite park days are after the onsite days.

Thanks for your quick reply! We are planning to book Fort Wilderness Campground for night 1 of our offsite stay and use the rolling 60 for FP+. The family we are travelling with is ONLY staying OFFSITE for week 1 (not onsite for week 2). We had all planned to get Magic Bands and drive 2 cars to the parks, so we'd save on parking for 2 days x 2 cars plus 11 magic bands (cost would be $223 vs $60 campsite for 1 night).

Thanks for your quick reply! We are planning to book Fort Wilderness Campground for night 1 of our offsite stay and use the rolling 60 for FP+. The family we are travelling with is ONLY staying OFFSITE for week 1 (not onsite for week 2). We had all planned to get Magic Bands and drive 2 cars to the parks, so we'd save on parking for 2 days x 2 cars plus 11 magic bands (cost would be $223 vs $60 campsite for 1 night).
The MBs you receive for Stay#2 work for all your park days.

Your friends don't need MBs and your family essentially ends up with 2 sets of identical MBs.

So your savings is only the cost of 5 unnecessary MBs for your friends and $80 in parking.

I read through most of this post so forgive me if already addressed- I find this an interesting option that I didn't consider. We are staying off-site from 10-13 to 10-21. Our planned days in the parks are 10-15, 10-17, 10-18, 10-20. We have OLD unexpired paper tickets for 4 days that we will need to convert to current tickets.
1. If I book one night at Wilderness Campground for the benefits should I do it on 10-17?
2. Does that make for free parking for 10-17 and 10-18?
3. would I still be able to book 60 day out FP for 10-15 and 10-20?
4. Would I get magic bands sent in the mail even without buying tickets so I could have ahead of time?
thanks SO much for any help on this!

I wanted to add my experience here which was something that I didn't expect and might be helpful for some of you. I booked a throwaway campsite for July 9 and then another for July 11th. I wanted to get the 4 days of parking and some extra phantom magic bands for SDFP+(I added some extra magic bands - party of 4 said their was a party of 8), but I didn't want to book every night so I just skipped a night. I thought that I would be able to book my fastpasses for July 9th & 10th on May 10th and then would have to wait for May 12th to be able to book for July 11th and 12th. To my surprise, I went into my MDE on May 10th and was able to book fastpasses for all four days even though I had two separate reservations and skipped a night. This might help some of you who are wanting the parking benefits, have a large party for magic bands, or if you want to book all fastpasses when the 60 day window opens for the first day and not have to wait for the rolling window to open. I asked about this scenario earlier in the thread, and the replier thought that I would have to wait to book the 11th and 12th since they were two separate reservations. This was a pleasant surprise for me...Just wanted to share!

Have any Canadians tried this? We have one booked in the fall because the deal for the earlier FPP, 3 MB's and 2 days of parking is worth it to me (I really want a MB even though I know I don't need it) But, because I'm coming from Canada I'll have to go there and pick up my MB's..... even though I'm not doing anything wrong, sorta feels like it. KWIM?

Ok I've been trying to keep up with this thread for the most part for the last couple months that we've been planning. I haven't seen this situation on here unless I missed it somewhere. We are staying off site b/c I have enough free hotel points. I booked a throw away night at fort wilderness to get bands and 60 fast passes. Our friends are staying at Swan and Dolphin. They won't get magic bands for staying there from everything we've read and been told. We've already have each other as connected friends. Since there is only 5 of us on my reservation and each reservation can have up to 10 I can technically add them to mine to get the bands. What I'm not sure about is what it would do if they are on two reservations for that same night. Does it really matter? I went through the process of editing my reservation with their names and everything, I just didn't finalize them worried it would mess something up. Has anyone had any issues with having someone on two reservations for the same night?

Ok I've been trying to keep up with this thread for the most part for the last couple months that we've been planning. I haven't seen this situation on here unless I missed it somewhere. We are staying off site b/c I have enough free hotel points. I booked a throw away night at fort wilderness to get bands and 60 fast passes. Our friends are staying at Swan and Dolphin. They won't get magic bands for staying there from everything we've read and been told. We've already have each other as connected friends. Since there is only 5 of us on my reservation and each reservation can have up to 10 I can technically add them to mine to get the bands. What I'm not sure about is what it would do if they are on two reservations for that same night. Does it really matter? I went through the process of editing my reservation with their names and everything, I just didn't finalize them worried it would mess something up. Has anyone had any issues with having someone on two reservations for the same night?
If you are linked to your friends, you already share their 60-day FP booking window. The campsite will then be for MBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter