Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

WDI tested the last few rides they opened for quite awhile before they turned them over to operations.
Weren’t those built from the ground up rides though as opposed to an established ride that just got what was basically an extensive cosmetic makeover? It was my understanding that the flume track was not modified for this (beyond possible maintenance/cleaning). I would think it wouldn’t really need that much testing compared to a brand new ride.

Weren’t those built from the ground up rides though as opposed to an established ride that just got what was basically an extensive cosmetic makeover?
True, but both Tron and Ratatouille were clones and WDI still spent a couple of months doing test and adjust on them. But still they need to choose and train cast before they can open and they haven’t given Cast Members an opportunity to transfer yet.

Weren’t those built from the ground up rides though as opposed to an established ride that just got what was basically an extensive cosmetic makeover? It was my understanding that the flume track was not modified for this (beyond possible maintenance/cleaning). I would think it wouldn’t really need that much testing compared to a brand new ride.
I could imagine the testing might be needed to tweak timing, movement, and other elements within the ride, not necessarily the log flume mechanism itself.

True, but both Tron and Ratatouille were clones and WDI still spent a couple of months doing test and adjust on them. But still they need to choose and train cast before they can open and they haven’t given Cast Members an opportunity to transfer yet.
Yes but both those rides were built from the ground up despite being design “clones”. Splash/Tiana has already been built and tested before this retheme.

Yes but both those rides were built from the ground up despite being design “clones”. Splash/Tiana has already been built and tested before this retheme.
So was EPCOT's Frozen and if I recall correctly they had all kinds of problems with that one. I don't think Disney wants all the backlash that occurred then on top of the whining about this re-theme. Best they make sure this is running smooth and synced with all the scenes before opening.

I think it will open sooner than they originally implied but there still might be plenty to do.

Let's all be real for a moment. Universal Studios can basically double their entire park in the same time that it takes Disney to re-theme a ride. They announced the re-theme ahead of time and appeared to basically do no work behind the scenes until Splash Mountain was closed completely. The speed (or lack thereof) that this ride has been re-deployed is a major, major indictment on Disney and the operations of the park. It's a joke really.

Let's all be real for a moment. Universal Studios can basically double their entire park in the same time that it takes Disney to re-theme a ride. They announced the re-theme ahead of time and appeared to basically do no work behind the scenes until Splash Mountain was closed completely. The speed (or lack thereof) that this ride has been re-deployed is a major, major indictment on Disney and the operations of the park. It's a joke really.

Took 6 years from announcement for tron to open.

Will take 6 years for epic universe to open since announcement

With the log vehicles testing, is it possible the ride could open by Memorial day weekend? One can hope!!??

With the log vehicles testing, is it possible the ride could open by Memorial day weekend? One can hope!!??
I don’t see them opening a new ride up on a weekend that is already pretty busy personally. Unless they have in the past?

The speed (or lack thereof) that this ride has been re-deployed is a major, major indictment on Disney and the operations of the park. It's a joke really.
What are we indicting them for? The crime of taking a long time to be sure they get things right? The crime of pacing their development work to coincide with corporate spending goals and consumer interest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter