Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opens SUMMER 2024!!

I am SO excited about this! We're planning a late September trip, and I was hearing all sorts of reporting about them being ahead of schedule, so I had my fingers crossed it would be done before our trip! It looks like it's going to be beautiful. 💕

So the good news is that it's opening early. The bad news is when we see what inferior replacement they foisted on us :(

Maybe we'll finally make that bucket list trip to Tokyo Disney, to experience the real Splash Mountain again.

Last edited:

I just saw a video on social media of WDW testing the log vehicle. Obviously, Br'er Rabbit is missing from the front of the log vehicle, but the log looks remarkably similar or the same as before.

That should be of great help getting the attraction open sooner rather than later because if the ride system and ride vehicle doesn't change logical dictates there shouldn't be a need for extensive testing.

The exteriors look very nice from what we saw. I wish they would build a small terrace restaurant so we can watch people going down the waterfall :D. Looking forward to the opening.
I love that idea! The exterior with all the flowers and the glass globes looks beautiful! I'd love to be able to sit at a little restaurant watching people come down the waterfall!

I just saw a video on social media of WDW testing the log vehicle. Obviously, Br'er Rabbit is missing from the front of the log vehicle, but the log looks remarkably similar or the same as before.

That should be of great help getting the attraction open sooner rather than later because if the ride system and ride vehicle doesn't change logical dictates there shouldn't be a need for extensive testing.
The video is in this article:

https://blogmickey.com/2024/02/ride-testing-begins-for-tianas-bayou-adventure-at-magic-kingdom/

The exteriors look very nice from what we saw. I wish they would build a small terrace restaurant so we can watch people going down the waterfall :D. Looking forward to the opening.
LOL, that might not be such a great idea, if they rev up the water cannons like they used to do for Splash in hot weather. Sometimes we had to time our walk across the bridge to BTMRR to avoid getting drenched!

Hoping it does open in the summer, so that the bugs are worked out by the time we arrive in the fall. Glad to see the change.

I added a couple of days at Disney to my late Sept Universal trip, going to do one Epcot F&W day and one MNSSHP, hope to ride it during that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter