Ticket Question

rkandmjsmommy

<font color=blue>2006: A year for letters....<br><
We just agreed to buy a BCV contract today and I am so excited :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1: so here is my scenario:

We just got back from Disney and we had originally bought 5 day hoppers, we upgraded to 10day hopper with no expiration before we left, so we have 5 days to use at a later date, if all goes well and we pass ROFR can I upgrade these to annual passes? Can I pay the difference and use my HOPEFULLY DVC discount? Would I be able to call someone to find out how much I would have to pay to upgrade?

Also can someone give me info on the DDE card? how much does it cost? how long is it good for? I am hoping the exted the dining plan for DVC members

Thanks

Congratulations!!

I will do my thing to help you pass ROFR!

I will cross my fingers, press my thumbs together, and say a special prayer to the :worship:"Disney Gods."

I don't know if it works or not but alot of the board members swear by it! :love1:

We really do appreciate your doing business with us!

Thanks,
Tom :cheer2:

Yes, you can upgrade those towards a DVC discounted AP on your next trip to WDW. However, I don't think there is a number you can call to find out the exact price of the upgrade and since you did an upgrade already with your tickets, I think you might have a difficult time figuring out EXACTLY what "cash" value your tickets have remaining. They won't be worth MORE than you paid for them obviously and each day is worth a prorated share of the cost of your total number of days.

As for the DDE, it is a discount good at many of the sit down restaurants and counter service restaurants (where there are no sit down restaurants available - like at POFQ for example) good for 20% off your total ticket for up to 10 people and it includes alcohol. (Most other discounts are not good for that many people, they tend to only be 10% off and DON'T include alcohol.) You call Disney Dining and order your DDE card (it is good for a year plus a month typically) before your trip and either 1. the card will arrive at your home before you leave (takes about 6 weeks) or 2. you can go to Guest Services inside EPCOT to have one faxed over if its during standard business hours and Disney Dining is open. Timing it to get the most out of your trips is important and a personal decision. The DDE card is only available to Florida REsidents ($75) or Annual Pass holders ($50).

Since you are "upgrading" I suspect you are going to have to wait until you arrive at Disney, go to Guest Services and do your upgrade to an annual pass, then call Disney Dining to get your DDE card. The break even point on the Disney Dining card is $250 at which time the rest of your savings is back into your pocket (takes spending $250 on food to "pay" for the $50 outlay for the card). It has worked REALLY well for my family and I have just started asking if they take DVC Discount, AP Discount or DDE everywhere we go to try to maximize our savings.

That help?

rkandmjsmommy said:
Also can someone give me info on the DDE card? how much does it cost? how long is it good for? I am hoping the exted the dining plan for DVC members

Thanks
The DDE card costs $50 for AP holders, $75 for FL residents. It's good from one year from date of purchase (unlike APs which are good for one year from activation/first use). We bought ours early in the year and it was taking a looooong time to get the cards issued, so they gave us a 13-month expiration date to compensate. The cards are being shipped fairly quickly now, so I'm not sure if they are still giving people that extra month or not.

There is a good description of the DDE here: http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

We generally eat at table service restaurants and my DH likes to have a glass of wine with dinner, so it saved us a lot of money on our last two trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter