Ticket Refund Question

Stlhawkeye

Mouseketeer
Interesting story, wondering if any experts on here have thoughts. This is a friend who had the following happen:
Grandparents purchased a room and ticket package. Problem is they just relayed that it was a room only deal. Kids then purchased tickets. Now they have double tickets.

Will Disney work with them to cancel the newly bought tickets? What’s their best course of action? It’s a lot of $$.

Normally tickets are non refundable. They will say ' tickets can be used at a future date' or transfer to someone else.
They " might ' give them a gift card .

How far away is the trip? I have never bought a package, are they not cancellable? Cancel package, rebook room only?

Normally tickets are non refundable. They will say ' tickets can be used at a future date' or transfer to someone else.
They " might ' give them a gift card .
That was my thought as well.

How far away is the trip? I have never bought a package, are they not cancellable? Cancel package, rebook room only?
Trip is this December 27th. It’s a cancelled and rebooked Covid trip.

My thought was to call and explain the situation and hope for some pixie dust. Idk

That was my thought as well.

Trip is this December 27th. It’s a cancelled and rebooked Covid trip.

My thought was to call and explain the situation and hope for some pixie dust. Idk

They are more than 30 days away from check-in, so they can call and either ask to rebook as a room-only or, possibly easier, ask to make their current package a “basic package “ which is a room only with package terms and conditions.

Agree with others -- the easiest solution is to drop the tickets from the package. It becomes a "basic package" with same terms (balance due 30 days before arrival, forfeit $200 deposit if cancelled after that). The final payment will be less, but maybe the grandparents would be willing to cover the cost of the tickets purchased separately (or at least share what they had planned to spend on the room+tickets package).

You can call and try. My situation was a little different - friend bought an 8 day ticket/room package for herself, I was planning on coming for only a few days, so I bought a standalone ticket for 4 days. I wanted to be added to her room officially so I could get the on-site perks and MDE so I had to buy the 8 day package ticket. They were able to refund me for the 4 day standalone ticket and let me purchase the 8 day separately. Doesn't hurt to ask! Refund has already posted on my card within a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter