Ticket Usage Question

Melissa622

Earning My Ears
Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this but I forgot to ask just now on the phone and would rather not wait on hold again if I can avoid it. I was at Disney earlier this month and got food poisoning, so I couldn't use my tickets. They expired but I could apply the value to new tickets. I also missed a Christmas party, which I was given a 1-day park hopper for. I scheduled a new trip for January 26-30 and called today to apply the expired tickets to the January trip. I now have a 2 day park pass without a hopper valid from the 27th to the 30th, and the 1 day hopper from the party. What I'm confused about is how using these tickets will work since the hopper is not connected to a specific date. I plan to use the hopper on the 27th, but since the single day tickets also start on the 27th, is there something else I need to do to be able to hop on that day? If I try to scan into a 2nd park will their systems just know that I have a hopper associated with my account, or will I be denied because their system will assume when I scan into the 1st park that I'm using the single day ticket that starts on that day?

Have you prioritized the tickets (which one to get used first)?

Normally you do this at the resort concierge's or Guest Services counter or at a park Guest Relations counter but there may be a way to do this over the phone.

As PP mentions, you will have to get the one-day PH prioritized to use it on 1/27. ALSO -- since it is an undated ticket you will need a Theme Park Reservation for that date.

You will not need theme park reservations for the other 2 days since the 2-day base ticket is dated.

As PP mentions, you will have to get the one-day PH prioritized to use it on 1/27. ALSO -- since it is an undated ticket you will need a Theme Park Reservation for that date.

You will not need theme park reservations for the other 2 days since the 2-day base ticket is dated.
I didn't even think about reservations, so thanks for the reminder! Looking at the ticket now in MDE, it does say that it's valid from 11/16/23-11/15/24, so does that mean it actually is date based and doesn't need a reservation?

I didn't even think about reservations, so thanks for the reminder! Looking at the ticket now in MDE, it does say that it's valid from 11/16/23-11/15/24, so does that mean it actually is date based and doesn't need a reservation?
That means it does have an expiration date, but I don't think a full year is considered "date-based" -- APs are valid for a full-year but still need to make theme park reservations so I would expect this is the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter