I'm lost.
Do you not want the 8-day ticket?
If not, what kind of ticket (and how many) do you actually want?
Is your reservation for a package that requires some sort of "minimum ticket" to get a reduced room price?

Well. I have had my issue fixed after talking to a bunch of cast members! I wanted a 9 day Park Hopper. I tried to add it to my cart. When I did, it said I had an 8 day 1park ticket that wasn’t there yesterday. Yesterday I had a room only reservation. I couldn’t edit or delete the 8 day tickets. Finally, it’s fixed!

Does anyone know if ESPN employees can buy an Annual Pass for a friend at a discount? (I feel like I asked this board this question but I can't remember!)

We are planning a trip for Oct 27-Nov 4th I am debating on getting the platinum pass for myself. I see that you get photopass included, so that is great! I also see the you get discounts on events we are planning to attend MNSSHP and I have booked my daughter and in at Ivy Trellis for the Character Couture makeovers ( also says 20% discount for this service). My question is my pass won't be activated until October 27th so can I book fastpasses and buy discounted event tickets without it being activated? Does anyone know how that works? Thanks :)

I have tried searching this thread, but I am having trouble finding the answer. I also googled the Moms Panel on Disney and found two conflicting answers. I have a bounce back I booked last August with MYW plus tickets. I am arriving now two days earlier then when my package begins. Disney couldn't find me a room to add to my package so I'm booking at a different resort for those two nights. Am I able to activate the tickets two days early when I arrive? I read you cannot do this with the tickets added after Oct 2018 change. Thanks!!

I have a bounce back I booked last August with MYW plus tickets. I am arriving now two days earlier then when my package begins. Disney couldn't find me a room to add to my package so I'm booking at a different resort for those two nights.
Am I able to activate the tickets two days early when I arrive? I read you cannot do this with the tickets added after Oct 2018 change. Thanks!!
A. If (IF) Disney will treat your tickets as "pre-Oct. 2018" tickets," then you will be able to activate them early.
B. If (IF) Disney treats your tickets as "current" ("post-Oct. 2018") tickets, then you might have to pay quite a bit extra for those tickets to be upgraded to "non-date-based" tickets.

Further, if your tickets are treated as "A" above, but you need to ADD days to them to complete your trip,
you very well might have to upgrade to "current" ("post-Oct. 2018") tickets during the upgrade.

You didn't say when your arrival date is, but another consideration is to call and cancel your package tickets and
just buy new, stand-alone tickets that will be valid on your check-in date as well as have enough "days" to
cover your extended trip.

(Be sure to do the math.)

A. If (IF) Disney will treat your tickets as "pre-Oct. 2018" tickets," then you will be able to activate them early.
B. If (IF) Disney treats your tickets as "current" ("post-Oct. 2018") tickets, then you might have to pay quite a bit extra for those tickets to be upgraded to "non-date-based" tickets.

Further, if your tickets are treated as "A" above, but you need to ADD days to them to complete your trip,
you very well might have to upgrade to "current" ("post-Oct. 2018") tickets during the upgrade.

You didn't say when your arrival date is, but another consideration is to call and cancel your package tickets and
just buy new, stand-alone tickets that will be valid on your check-in date as well as have enough "days" to
cover your extended trip.

(Be sure to do the math.)
Thank you for your response! You have me thinking about some very good points! I have the bounceback with free dining for aug ‘19 that I booked aug ‘18. The confirmation says MYW tickets. So the tickets have to remain part of the package. If I price out the same room and tickets today with the free dining the total is about $42 more so something is different so it’s either the taxes or tickets since the room and view are the same. Hmm....we are ok for the theme park portion of days, I am just hoping to use one of the water park features that day before. If not, we can hang by the pool.

Does anyone know why I can't purchase tickets online through Disney? I'm logged in to my Disney experience. I chose all the options. Date, number of days, number of tickets, plus options. It gives me a total, then I hit select, and the next page says your cart is empty. I tried Chrome, and Internet explorer. I'm only purchasing 1 day tickets, so I was thinking direct through Disney was my best option. I tried a couple weeks ago, and then again today. I keep getting the same message.

Does anyone know why I can't purchase tickets online through Disney? I'm logged in to my Disney experience. I chose all the options. Date, number of days, number of tickets, plus options. It gives me a total, then I hit select, and the next page says your cart is empty. I tried Chrome, and Internet explorer.
1. I'm only purchasing 1 day tickets, so I was thinking direct through Disney was my best option.
2. I tried a couple weeks ago, and then again today. I keep getting the same message.
1. Correct.
2. If its a glitch (sounds like it) there have been dozens and dozens of them for months, now.
Suggestion:
Save some heartache... CALL and order your tix.

I'm find it very confusing to figure out the Park Hopper Plus Option after reading a bunch of things online.

In our dream world, we have 4 full days to do things (other two days are arrival and departure).

If it could work out:

1 day is an After Hours Event (pool in the morning/afternoon)
2 days are park hopping days
1 day is a water park

What kind of ticket/s do I buy???

I'm find it very confusing to figure out the Park Hopper Plus Option after reading a bunch of things online.

In our dream world, we have 4 full days to do things (other two days are arrival and departure).

If it could work out:

1 day is a water park

Two day park hopper plus. The water park days are in addition to park days, they don't have to be used on the same days you go to the parks. 2 day tickets are good for 5 days, so you'd have time to park hop on day 2 and 3, then go to the waterpark on day 4.

If it could work out:

1 day is a water park

I concur with @siren0119-
Per person:
A 2-day ParkHopperPlus.
(And, the After Hours ticket.)

Two day park hopper plus. The water park days are in addition to park days, they don't have to be used on the same days you go to the parks. 2 day tickets are good for 5 days, so you'd have time to park hop on day 2 and 3, then go to the waterpark on day 4.
ok - i didn't realize that the water parks could actually be on the non-park days. that's pretty cool! if we didn't go to the after hours event (or even if we did), could we do day 1 and day 2 at a water park and day 3 and day 4 in the parks - on a 2 day park hopper plus ticket?

ok - i didn't realize that the water parks could actually be on the non-park days. that's pretty cool! if we didn't go to the after hours event (or even if we did), could we do day 1 and day 2 at a water park and day 3 and day 4 in the parks - on a 2 day park hopper plus ticket?
Yes.

Water Parks are not related to the Theme Parks.
They don't "interact."

You can visit a Water Park on the same day as a Theme Park,
or you can visit a Water Park on a different day than a Theme Park.

Hello, all. Such an amazingly helpful thread. Quick scenario/question...

We have current annual passes that I do not want to renew. However, I'd like to buy new annual passes at the current price to shield myself from a price increase down the road. If I purchase new annual passes today, how long do I have before I need to activate them? For instance, could I activate an AP purchased today in January 2020?

Hello, all. Such an amazingly helpful thread. Quick scenario/question...

We have current annual passes that I do not want to renew. However, I'd like to buy new annual passes at the current price to shield myself from a price increase down the road.
1. If I purchase new annual passes today, how long do I have before I need to activate them? For instance,
2. could I activate an AP purchased today in January 2020?
1. At least to the year 2030.
2. Yes.

I have a question about Florida resident annual pass. A friend purchased a home in florida (closing on it Tuesday feb 5th). She will be retiring and spending the winters in florida. She plans to get a florida drivers license at some point.

1- Will she be considered a Florida resident if she only spends the winters there?
2- If so, is there a waiting period before she could get the pass? (ex 6 month, 12 month residency requirement)

Thanks!!

I have a question about Florida resident annual pass. A friend purchased a home in florida (closing on it Tuesday feb 5th). She will be retiring and spending the winters in florida. She plans to get a florida drivers license at some point.

1- Will she be considered a Florida resident if she only spends the winters there?
2- If so, is there a waiting period before she could get the pass? (ex 6 month, 12 month residency requirement)

Thanks!!
1. Regardless of where she lives much of her year, if she has a legitimate FL driver's license, she can purchase FL res. AP.
2. If she has a legitimate FL driver's license, no delay.
(Ditto for showing legitimate utility bills in her name with a FL address.)

1. Regardless of where she lives much of her year, if she has a legitimate FL driver's license, she can purchase FL res. AP.
2. If she has a legitimate FL driver's license, no delay.
(Ditto for showing legitimate utility bills in her name with a FL address.)

Thanks for the quick reply!!

One more question, if I may. I will be purchasing an annual pass for the first time. Is there a better way to do it? I read the information in the post about it, and saw something about upgrading to an annual pass. Is this a way to save money? Or is it best to just purchase the annual pass from Disney right off the bat?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter