So here's my dilemma. We already have Silver APs that aren't due to expire till March 2020. BUT the grandparents are planning a Christmas WDW visit with us and they already purchased 3 day PH tickets for the family. Which is great cuz we get to go during the block out!

BUT can we upgrade or bridge these tickets to go towards our AP renewal in March?
We'd be going more than 60 days before the expiration date so I'm not sure if that's even possible to sort of "credit" this towards our renewal that far in advance?

I'm not saying that Disney WILL necessarily do this in every case, but they CAN and they HAVE created a "file" for guests that outlines an upgrade situation. That file can be accessed for buying or upgrading tickets and/or APs at a future time when it's appropriate to do the transaction.
Simply explain and "ask nicely" for what you'd like.

You are trying to do something very unusual, but if they are willing, they could make special advance arrangements to accommodate this unique situation.
You never know.

Last edited:

So here's my dilemma. We already have Silver APs that aren't due to expire till March 2020. BUT the grandparents are planning a Christmas WDW visit with us and they already purchased 3 day PH tickets for the family. Which is great cuz we get to go during the block out!

BUT can we upgrade or bridge these tickets to go towards our AP renewal in March?
We'd be going more than 60 days before the expiration date so I'm not sure if that's even possible to sort of "credit" this towards our renewal that far in advance?
I’m no expert; but if you are using the 3 day passes at Christmas because your AP is blocked out, I don’t think you’ll be able to bridge them to renew your AP in March.

If Disney did accommodate this, I would think your APs would expire in December since that's when you first used the tickets.

If Disney did accommodate this, I would think your APs would expire in December since that's when you first used the tickets.

Yes when we upgraded our 7 day MYW tickets on the last day of our trip, our AP's then expired 365 days from the FIRST day we used the MYW tickets.

My understanding was that you could not use tickets to apply to the renewal of an AP. You can certainly upgrade tickets to a new AP, but not to apply toward a renewal. Of course, having said that, you can always ask, but I would assume you run the risk of it cutting 3 months of your AP.

Does anyone know if you can buy the AP discounted water park tickets at any ticket window or if it needs to be at the water park? Looking to get a ticket, but would rather grab it the day before going.

Nevermind - just saw "at the water parks" in the language. Drats.

Does anyone know if you can buy the AP discounted water park tickets at any ticket window or if it needs to be at the water park? Looking to get a ticket, but would rather grab it the day before going.

Nevermind - just saw "at the water parks" in the language. Drats.

You should be able to buy any ticket (AP discounted tickets, included) for WDW parks at any ticket booth or guest relations.
You should also be able to buy them on-line via your MDX account,

You should be able to buy any ticket (AP discounted tickets, included) for WDW parks at any ticket booth or guest relations.
You should also be able to buy them on-line via your MDX account,
Doesn't look like it. I know I can't find it on MDX, but do hope it's not truly water parks only.

Just to be sure I've read this right...

I bought 4 day hoppers, dated for November, for two extended family members. I am managing them in MDE for our joint November trip. They now want to use discounted tickets from another source, instead of the ones I purchased.

I know I can use the value of the tickets toward new tickets, after their expiration at the end of this year.

My immediate family and I have AP's that expire August 2020.
1. We can use the expired tickets ( or their value) toward the purchase of new tickets for ourselves, paying the difference, right?
2. Can we use it toward renewing our AP's?
3. Or-do we need to purchase a new set of dated multi-day tickets since those were the original tickets?
4. Do we need to reassign the original tickets?
5. If so,do we assign them, to us or to "fake names" until this is sorted out?

I can't figure out the timeline or logistics of this.
6. When should I make these changes?
7. Can I do this in MDE or do I need to do this in person?

TIA!

I bought 4 day hoppers, dated for November, for two extended family members. I am managing them in MDE for our joint November trip. They now want to use discounted tickets from another source, instead of the ones I purchased.

I know I can use the value of the tickets toward new tickets, after their expiration at the end of this year.

1. We can use the expired tickets ( or their value) toward the purchase of new tickets for ourselves, paying the difference, right?
3. Or-do we need to purchase a new set of dated multi-day tickets since those were the original tickets?

TIA!
Personally, I would use the tickets while you are there in November to purchase either an AP renewal certificate/voucher or an AP certificate/voucher (depending on your plans, if you are certain you will renew then that will save money). This will allow you to make fastpasses in the future, and lock in current prices for the APs, whereas allowing the tickets to expire means that you wouldn't be able to use them for fastpasses until they were applied to the new tickets. I used my package ticket when I was there in August to purchase an AP certificate/voucher that will just stay in my MDE until I want to activate it.

1. Right.
2. Yes.
3. You can, but you don’t have to.
4. A good idea.
5. I would put them under your name(s) before the tickets expire.
6. Before the tickets expire.
7. MDX.
You can do as the previous poster (DIS MERI) suggested, if you have the extra funds.

Last edited:
Absolutely!
Me again, with another question for you that I would be so grateful if you would answer! I bought my tickets through UT and the starting date is November 9th... Resort stay starts the 10th. I have all my FP's set for the onsite portion, but need to make my FP's 30 days out for the 9th. Right now on MDE it only has the resort stay portion highlighted as days to choose FP's. Once the 30 days is up, will the 9th pop up as blue as well? Right now it seems they will only let me book for when I'm on property. I thought I'd ask bc I assume you have already had this question, just couldn't find it!
Many many thanks!

Me again, with another question for you that I would be so grateful if you would answer! I bought my tickets through UT and the starting date is November 9th... Resort stay starts the 10th. I have all my FP's set for the onsite portion, but need to make my FP's 30 days out for the 9th. Right now on MDE it only has the resort stay portion highlighted as days to choose FP's.
1. Once the 30 days is up, will the 9th pop up as blue as well?
2. Right now it seems they will only let me book for when I'm on property.
3. I thought I'd ask bc I assume you have already had this question, just couldn't find it!
Many many thanks!
1. It should.
2. If you're before 30 days out, that sounds right.
3. Well, this is a FASTPASS question, and you are posting on a TICKETS thread. :o

I posted this on the Canadian page as well, but just in case, I will add it here.

Hi. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are already linked to my MDE account. I paid $416 per ticket (plus taxes, fees) for buy four days get five. One park per day. Now, with the Canadian offer, I can get 7 days for $377 per ticket. Do i have any options here to add days? I don't imagine I would be eligible for any type of refund, since I bought through someone other than Disney, but it would sure be nice to be able to add a couple of days.

ETA: I am staying at Pop Starting on Friday, December 6. Original ticket was to start on the 7th. If it's possible, I would like to add 2 days for before, and would be staying offsite. I know that changes my fastpass booking options, but those additional first two days would likely not require fastpass booking anyway, as we would just be going to World Showcase.

Thank you for any information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter