WDW website.

If anyone is able to do this, please let us know. I saw that they were available this morning, chatted with a CM, who told me they werent sure if "unactivated" AP would be eligible for reservation system, so I decided to wait. This afternoon, I looked and the option to buy annual passes is gone.

I think unactivated APs will be fine. I was able to make FP+ with my unactivated AP before everything was canceled. I have also received emails saying I have tickets with my unactivated AP.

Well this is interesting. In MDE, tickets now read: Theme Park Admission: Any 6 of the Valid Dates

Pretty sure that is new, and seems like they are now considered like 6 one day tickets.

This was heavily rumored and maybe even said by a CM, that the tickets would remove the 14 days from first use restrictions and be good for a much longer length of time for any unused days. Makes sense if you can't get the park reservations on your first trip.

I have a complicated question.

I originally made a 2.5 week reservation at FW for August 17th and purchased a Gold AP - with the intentions of upgrading to Platinum if I decided to visit WDW again during Xmas. When I purchased the Gold AP, I was told that if I decided to cancel FW in August, I would be able to upgrade to Platinum or even cancel the AP over the phone if plans changed (due to COVID-19).

Just in case we decided on a shortened August trip - where an AP wasn't necessary (and since we were driving and have flexible days), I also booked a 10 day package with tickets beginning August 15th.

When a DVC room opened up at AKV a few weeks ago over Xmas and New Years, I booked it. (Someone must have just cancelled, as availability disappeared after I booked). This was just a couple of days before the Disney resort reservation suspension.

So, just as I was about to decide on which August reservation to keep (was going to cancel the package), modifications/cancellations were suspended by Disney.

Today I called to upgrade my Gold AP to Platinum to cover Decembers trip, but according to the CM, upgrades had just been suspended in the last 45 minutes (and I was on hold over an hour). :)

So, the question... If I book park days beginning August 17th, would the allotment come from the AP or the 10 day ticket? If it comes from the AP, I would then be able to use the 10 day ticket for the December trip. I would then cancel the 10 day package after upgrading the Gold AP to Platinum.

(And a note: I obviously made the package reservation prior to Disney shutting down resort reservations and the announcement of park reservations. So, I wasn't trying to game the system. Just my bad luck that AP upgrades were suspended today, and good luck that I had the 10 day package in place).

WDW website.

I think unactivated APs will be fine. I was able to make FP+ with my unactivated AP before everything was canceled. I have also received emails saying I have tickets with my unactivated AP.

This was heavily rumored and maybe even said by a CM, that the tickets would remove the 14 days from first use restrictions and be good for a much longer length of time for any unused days. Makes sense if you can't get the park reservations on your first trip.
You can no longer buy the APs off the website, they took them off. I guess i just missed out on it. I've got a reservation to the poly at the end of july but we have no tickets, guess we're doing a resort only stay.

You can no longer buy the APs off the website, they took them off. I guess i just missed out on it. I've got a reservation to the poly at the end of july but we have no tickets, guess we're doing a resort only stay.

I personally would assume the worst and hope for the best. Maybe you will be able to buy tickets and still get park reservations. I think there are still a lot of unknowns. We will know more Monday. I hope it works out for you.

I have a complicated question.

I originally made a 2.5 week reservation at FW for August 17th and purchased a Gold AP - with the intentions of upgrading to Platinum if I decided to visit WDW again during Xmas. When I purchased the Gold AP, I was told that if I decided to cancel FW in August, I would be able to upgrade to Platinum or even cancel the AP over the phone if plans changed (due to COVID-19).

Just in case we decided on a shortened August trip - where an AP wasn't necessary (and since we were driving and have flexible days), I also booked a 10 day package with tickets beginning August 15th.

When a DVC room opened up at AKV a few weeks ago over Xmas and New Years, I booked it. (Someone must have just cancelled, as availability disappeared after I booked). This was just a couple of days before the Disney resort reservation suspension.

So, just as I was about to decide on which August reservation to keep (was going to cancel the package), modifications/cancellations were suspended by Disney.

Today I called to upgrade my Gold AP to Platinum to cover Decembers trip, but according to the CM, upgrades had just been suspended in the last 45 minutes (and I was on hold over an hour). :)

So, the question... If I book park days beginning August 17th, would the allotment come from the AP or the 10 day ticket? If it comes from the AP, I would then be able to use the 10 day ticket for the December trip. I would then cancel the 10 day package after upgrading the Gold AP to Platinum.

(And a note: I obviously made the package reservation prior to Disney shutting down resort reservations and the announcement of park reservations. So, I wasn't trying to game the system. Just my bad luck that AP upgrades were suspended today, and good luck that I had the 10 day package in place).
Well, I guess I can answer myself. I just read this on the Disney ticket website: "Tickets purchased as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package are valid for admission beginning on the date of check-in and must be used by the date of check-out, or in accordance with the validity windows listed above—whichever period is longer". So, based on this, the 10 day unused package ticket from August would not be valid in December. Years ago, I would get package tickets (as part of free dining) and not use them until later trips. I guess the policy changed.

ETA: But then I read this:

Who can use an individual ticket?
When a ticket is "new" and has never been used, it can be "transferred" (given, sold) by the person who originally bought the ticket to another guest. This is even true for tickets that are obtained as part of booking a WDW resort "package" (that includes combination of the room and tickets.) Those package tickets do not have to be used at all during that first resort package stay, but instead, can be saved for use or upgrade on a future trip (by anyone, not just the original purchaser.)

So, now totally confused :)

Last edited:
So, now totally confused :)
After the current "virus" closures, all bets are off concerning "regular rules" for tickets.
(Some apply, some don't... Only Disney can make any changes that they wish to make.)
Many of those rules are yet to be revealed.
--------
However... under "normal" conditions:
If you buy date-based tickets, they must be used during the dates for which they are purchased.
If they are not used (at all) by the appropriate date, they can be "saved" and their original Disney purchase value can be applied for use during another period of time within the timeframe before those ticket fully "expire" (often at the end of the year -or the year following- which they were purchased.)

If they are still not used by the end of that year (the date that they are considered "expired") their original Disney purchase value can still be applied toward the purchase of NEW WDW tickets at the time of a future trip.

So, unused tickets can be "saved" and their value can be used later.

If I go on the MDE app my ticket says it’s valid the day after my departure. It doesn’t show a range of dates. I’m leaving WDW on 8/29 but it says “ticket valid on 8/30.”
I want to make park reservations but the ticket date is worrying me. Anyone else have this issue?
I’ve been on hold with Disney internet people for over an hour.
You have a frequently asked question.

Yes, the posted date is VERY confusing. (The posted date is the "end of validity" date.)
(Why they do it that way is unknown, and it is senseless to confuse guests by doing so.)

You current tickets will be valid for use on the starting date for which you bought them.

After the current "virus" closures, all bets are off concerning "regular rules" for tickets.
(Some apply, some don't... Only Disney can make any changes that they wish to make.)
Many of those rules are yet to be revealed.
--------
However... under "normal" conditions:
If you buy date-based tickets, they must be used during the dates for which they are purchased.
If they are not used (at all) by the appropriate date, they can be "saved" and their original Disney purchase value can be applied for use during another period of time within the timeframe before those ticket fully "expire" (often at the end of the year -or the year following- which they were purchased.)

If they are still not used by the end of that year (the date that they are considered "expired") their original Disney purchase value can still be applied toward the purchase of NEW WDW tickets at the time of a future trip.

So, unused tickets can be "saved" and their value can be used later.
I assume package tickets are treated as date based tickets? (And thanks for the above) :)

Has anyone had any luck with boardwalk tickets lately? We were able to order tonight but I’m fearing they will cancel. Right now we have old park hoppers with the no expire options with two days left but wanted something we could upgrade to a gold ap (dvc). Dvc said we could upgrade the tickets no issue but we need them first. We arrive 7/11

Has anyone had any luck with boardwalk tickets lately?
Last i knew, they weren’t selling. Or, maybe they are accepting orders but unable to fulfill until WDW allows. AFAIK WDW has shut down all third party vendors.

Yeah, they emailed it won’t be processed until Disney accepts it. Oh well. Tried a ticket seller thru work. Emailed them to send over the link code or cancel it.

I bought tickets from UT with October 2020 dates but have since canceled that trip. We rebooked an April 2021 trip. When I called UT, they said I can just change the dates in MDE app and pay any difference there. I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. The tickets were already linked to MDE and have October 2020 dates. Any idea what I need to do here?

If this isn’t allowed i apologize and you can advise/remove.

are you able to do changes to ticket only purchases?
Meaning is a name or date change allowed?

i ask because if that currently is an option couldn’t people that don’t have tickets just look for people that do have tickets and don’t want them, do some exchanges and what not?
Kind of like what we do with dining reservations on here lol!

I bought tickets from UT with October 2020 dates but have since canceled that trip. We rebooked an April 2021 trip. When I called UT, they said I can just change the dates in MDE app and pay any difference there. I can’t seem to figure out how to do this. The tickets were already linked to MDE and have October 2020 dates. Any idea what I need to do here?
There are no ticket sales or changes right now, either on MDE or by phone or via authorized resellers. 2021 tickets will be on sale 6/28. But are you sure the current tickets weren't automatically extended to 9/26/2021? You may be all set.

I don't think anyone can use the ticket but the person whose name it is in, this eliminates ticket scalping I think? I kind of wish they could because we need 1 more ticket, but can't buy it now to get the reservation for Monday :(.

Unused tickets can be transferred to another person. However if the tickets are already linked, you would need to connect as Friends and Family in MDE. I would only do that with someone I trust.

There are no ticket sales or changes right now, either on MDE or by phone or via authorized resellers. 2021 tickets will be on sale 6/28. But are you sure the current tickets weren't automatically extended to 9/26/2021? You may be all set.

I’m not referring to the expiration date on them and I do think the expiration date was extended. I mean the dates in MDE and on ticket voucher were October dates because tickets are now priced based on dates. I need to change those dates to April and pay whatever price difference.

I’m not referring to the expiration date on them and I do think the expiration date was extended. I mean the dates in MDE and on ticket voucher were October dates because tickets are now priced based on dates. I need to change those dates to April and pay whatever price difference.
The extended expiration date overrides the need to change dates (and any price difference). Those tickets are good any dates from re-opening through 9/26/2021.

For those who may be wondering... I chatted with a CM this morning, who said the normal expiration rules for tickets still apply. Which makes no sense now with the reservation system and the uncertainty regarding which days could be secured, and seems misleading in MDE, where the tickets state being for use “Any of the valid dates” (listing July 5-September 26, 2021 in our circumstance).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter