I am going to try to add a couple of days to my daughter’s ticket at the Disney Springs Guest Relations Office next weekend. Do I need a magic band for her or do they just look at the ticket in her MDE account?

My husband and I have existing DVC resort reservations for Nov 14-22. Traveling with friends (family of 4). Everyone has current passes. Problem is my pass expires Nov 9th. I can’t get through to anyone. Our friends are making park reservations tomorrow for all of us. Is my exp of Nov 9th going to be an issue? I can’t renew my FL RES monthly payment pass until Sept 9th. Sitting on hold with Passholder line now. It’s been 1 hr 25 min.
thanks for any insight to this problem.

I am going to try to add a couple of days to my daughter’s ticket at the Disney Springs Guest Relations Office next weekend. Do I need a magic band for her or do they just look at the ticket in her MDE account?
First thing. If it's a ticket situation, you want to go to the Disney Springs Ticket Center.
(Just a couple of doors away from the "Welcome Center" (Guest Relations.)
There is nothing on a MagicBand except a code that accesses that MB holder's MDE account.
The info is directly found in/added to her account in MDE .
If she is in your MDX account, you should take your legal photo ID with you.
Your MB can make things faster at the window.

Last edited:
There is nothing on a MagicBand except a code that accesses that MB holder's MDE account.
The info is directly found in/added to her account in MDE .
If she is in your MDX account, you should take your legal photo ID with you.
Thanks. Yes, she’s in my account.

I talked to 2 different CM's today and got 2 different answers....

I have a 7-Day ticket and want to upgrade to DVC Gold Annual Pass when I get to Disney on July 21.

1st CM--Says there are NO ticket sales or upgrades at this time and they do not know when or if this will be allowed.

2nd CM(I called back as we may cancel this trip if we can't upgrade..hate to miss the chance to upgrade for only about $180 as we plan on going at least twice next year.)

Well she says I cancel up to 7 days before our trip for full refund, then I asked about the upgrade and she is like "Just go to guest relations in the park or Disney Springs and they will allow the upgrade"

I am only going to use the 7 days this year anyway.

I am confused and nervous I won't be able to upgrade when I arrive

I talked to 2 different CM's today and got 2 different answers....
I am confused and nervous I won't be able to upgrade when I arrive

Whatever MIGHT be the case at the current time, MIGHT even change by the time your trip nears.
Things (lots of things) will be "different" for everyone making a WDW trip in the next few weeks-months.
Disney has traditionally "made good" for guests and tickets, overall.

Last edited:
Yes. (It's technically possible.)
You can book a package with any number of days worth of tickets.
(Number of days on the ticket don't have to match the number of days at the resort.)
However, if they are not selling any tickets at the time you book... you can't book any new tickets.

Packages (when they are actually booking) can have tickets that are from 2 days to 10 days. No 1-day tickets on packages (you'd have to do a ticketless package and a standalone 1-day ticket).

Packages (when they are actually booking) can have tickets that are from 2 days to 10 days. No 1-day tickets on packages (you'd have to do a ticketless package and a standalone 1-day ticket).
Thanks.

Is there a reason you are waiting to get to the Disney Springs guest relations to add the ticket days? I was able to add days to my ticket yesterday by calling in speaking to ticket services. If you add the days now, you stand a better change of getting the park reservations you want.

Is there a reason you are waiting to get to the Disney Springs guest relations to add the ticket days? I was able to add days to my ticket yesterday by calling in speaking to ticket services. If you add the days now, you stand a better change of getting the park reservations you want.
I thought they weren’t adding days right now, and I thought I had to add days in person. I have a 4 day Military Salute that needs to be changed to a 6 day. I’ve never tried to ad days before though. I’ll call and ask. Thanks!

Hello. Just moved to FL, and I'd like to buy annual passes for my daughter and myself. Does anyone know when they will be selling annual passes again? Thanks!

I thought they weren’t adding days right now, and I thought I had to add days in person. I have a 4 day Military Salute that needs to be changed to a 6 day. I’ve never tried to ad days before though. I’ll call and ask. Thanks!
I don't know about military salute tickets but yesterday I added a day by calling Disney and having the CM transfer me to ticket services because he had no idea how to add days to an existing ticket. I had linked tickets purchased from a third party seller.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is there a date when they are going to allow annual passes to be bought? Have a trip in September and am trying to grab a park reservation

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is there a date when they are going to allow annual passes to be bought? Have a trip in September and am trying to grab a park reservation

They stated that ticket sales would resume "later this summer" - I assume that's when AP's will be available again too. The way I read the announcement about reservations opening this week is that they will be taking PACKAGE reservations for 2021 (ticket + room) only....it didn't sound like any tickets would be available to purchase on their own. I hope for the sake of DVC folks that's not true, but it is how it appears.

They stated that ticket sales would resume "later this summer" - I assume that's when AP's will be available again too. The way I read the announcement about reservations opening this week is that they will be taking PACKAGE reservations for 2021 (ticket + room) only....it didn't sound like any tickets would be available to purchase on their own. I hope for the sake of DVC folks that's not true, but it is how it appears.
I'm dvc and thats what I'm afraid of. I'm not going to want to go and use my points if there isn't a park im allowed in. My girlfriend is a cast member and they would only let her use her main gate pass for herself and not allow any of her 3 guest passes in. So now I'm stuck in limbo

I have an unused AP in my MDE, but I may not want to use it on my upcoming trip as I can't see getting my money's worth in the near future the way things are. I have a 7 day no hopping pass and other random very old tickets with days and WP on them that I don't seem to be able to add by myself to my MDE.

With this new park reservation system, will I be able to make reservations for my stay using the AP in my MDE but, when I go to Guest Services in WDW once I'm there, use the 7 day or older tickets? I thought this was done through prioritizing once we are there, but I'm wondering if that is still the case with this new system.

If I add the tickets to my MDE, can I still assign the really old ones to other people?

Also, is it true that, if I don't show up for a park reservation, the tickets is still used for that day?

Sorry, I am so confused right now and disappointed that my December family trip is most likely going to be postponed.

1. I have an unused AP in my MDE, but I may not want to use it on my upcoming trip as I can't see getting my money's worth in the near future the way things are.
2. I have a 7 day no hopping pass and other random very old tickets with days and WP on them that I don't seem to be able to add by myself to my MDE.

3. With this new park reservation system, will I be able to make reservations for my stay using the AP in my MDE but, when I go to Guest Services in WDW once I'm there, use the 7 day or older tickets?
4. I thought this was done through prioritizing once we are there, but I'm wondering if that is still the case with this new system.

5. If I add the tickets to my MDE, can I still assign the really old ones to other people?
6. Also, is it true that, if I don't show up for a park reservation, the tickets is still used for that day?
1. OK.
2. Not very unusual.
3. Likely so, but nobody knows.
4. That was standard practice normally.
5. “Very old” and “Really old” are too imprecise to give a good answer.
6. Unlikely, but nobody knows.
As to “calling” for correct answers... that would certainly be hit or miss at this time. Sorry.

I actually hadn't thought about the possibility of losing a "ticket day" by failing to show up for a park reservation. Disney ought to clarify that in the near future.

If I have a 4-day Fl resident ticket and am spreading out my park visits over a few months, can I upgrade to an AP on the last park visit? That seems too good to be true and I think there must be a time limit within which you must upgrade from first day of use rather than last, but I can't find this information anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter