1. Yes.
2. It is typical that the guest to whom the ticket is assigned needs to be the guest to makes the transfer.
(The person who is the "controller" of the MDX account in which is the ticket in question.)
3. They don't need their own separate account, they just need to be a member of someone's account.
4. Not the case.
5. Try the usual "fixes" of quitting MDX and shutting down your device, then re-opening.
If you're on the app, try the website.
And, overall, the MDX software is infamously GLITCHY... so, trying again at a later time and/or on another day may make things right.

Thanks.....yes, I know about the transfer parameters. But, I am the "controller" of the MDX account in question, and all accounts under my purview. Plus, I was also trying to even transfer my own unused ticket with no luck. I've been trying all day....I have an iPhone update tonight, which....we'll see if that fixes anything. I re-started my software, re-started the phone....everything.

I didn't realize re-assigning was available on the website. I have only ever been able to do it on the app.

Thanks.....yes, I know about the transfer parameters. But, I am the "controller" of the MDX account in question, and all accounts under my purview. Plus, I was also trying to even transfer my own unused ticket with no luck. I've been trying all day....I have an iPhone update tonight, which....we'll see if that fixes anything. I re-started my software, re-started the phone....everything.

I didn't realize re-assigning was available on the website. I have only ever been able to do it on the app.
If what @Robo wrote doesn't work, try calling back. You are right, and the CM you got is uninformed. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of dealing with Disney is educating yourself, and calling back until you get a CM who knows at least as much as you do. I hate that so much of the process is based on the luck of which CM picks up your call.

If what @Robo wrote doesn't work, try calling back. You are right, and the CM you got is uninformed. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of dealing with Disney is educating yourself, and calling back until you get a CM who knows at least as much as you do. I hate that so much of the process is based on the luck of which CM picks up your call.

Thanks.

So update: I updated my phone software, re-started my phone, deleted and re-installed my app....nothin.

Is the method of doing it through the browser to de-activate and then link the ticket again under someone else?

Good news! Ish.

I did speak to someone and they walked me through how to do it on the website. He did say re-assignments weren't able to be done via the app, which again.....I've done it before, so I know that isn't true. But....I was able to reassign the ticket so that's all that matters.

Next question to all you ticket experts:

I've read a bit on this thread but want to be sure before I make any phone calls and wait on hold for a while. I have a 5 day ticket, purchased from a 3rd party. I would like to add 2 days onto said ticket. Is this possible, even if it's 3rd party? I attempted to get a park-hopper refund and they wouldn't do that, so I am wondering if they will decline adding on as well.

I had also read on here that you have to wait until after first use of the ticket, so you actually have to be there in person. Is this still the case?

I've read a bit on this thread but
1. want to be sure before I make any phone calls and wait on hold for a while. I have a 5 day ticket, purchased from a 3rd party. I would like to add 2 days onto said ticket.
2. Is this possible, even if it's 3rd party?
3. I attempted to get a park-hopper refund and they wouldn't do that, so I am wondering if they will decline adding on as well.
4. I had also read on here that you have to wait until after first use of the ticket,
5. so you actually have to be there in person.
6. Is this still the case?
1. Nobody knows. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.
2. It HAS been possible. It still MIGHT be possible.
3. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.
4. Tickets do not require use before upgrading.
5. It is generally easier to upgrade a ticket while at WDW, but tickets do not require use before upgrading.
6. Nobody knows. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.

1. Nobody knows. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.
2. It HAS been possible. It still MIGHT be possible.
3. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.
4. Tickets do not require use before upgrading.
5. It is generally easier to upgrade a ticket while at WDW, but tickets do not require use before upgrading.
6. Nobody knows. It MIGHT depend on which CM you happen to get.

Thanks hun!

Has anyone been able to get a conclusive answer to what happens to the ticket use period for the COVID closure tickets? Can they be used over two separate trips?

Also, any word on if there are expected to be convention-type tickets available in the next year or so?

Wondering...

I was on a high school band trip and used one day of my 4 day PH ticket on March 13. Technically the parks haven't been open and will not have been open for 14 days since I used my ticket (even though the day in question is July 15).

1. Are group tickets normally upgradeable ... adding a day?
2. Do you think if they are upgradeable that I would be able to upgrade (can't use the PH feature but would like to add a day) over the phone for July 15?
3. If it is possible, what's the best number to try to get through on?

I am using the remaining 3 days of my ticket on July 16, 17, and 18. My daughters have enough days to go on the 15th and have park reservations for AK. If PH was still working I would be able to get in my FOP ride on one of the other days but AK is the park I gave up now that there is no PH.

So, I'll be dropping them off at AK and hanging out at the resort but I'd much rather go with.

Thanks!

I was on a high school band trip and used one day of my 4 day PH ticket on March 13.

1b. Technically the parks haven't been open and will not have been open for 14 days since I used my ticket (even though the day in question is July 15).

1b. Are group tickets normally upgradeable ... adding a day?
2. Do you think if they are upgradeable that I would be able to upgrade (can't use the PH feature but would like to add a day) over the phone for July 15?

1a. The "14 days" does not normally apply to "number of days the park is open,"
It normally applies to "continuous days in a row."
(Obviously, that rule is long-since moot, as nothing has been "normal" for months.)

1b. Normally, no.
2. Unlikely, but maybe.
Can be Disney Roulette with which CM you get on the phone.

Last edited:
Next question to all you ticket experts:

I've read a bit on this thread but want to be sure before I make any phone calls and wait on hold for a while. I have a 5 day ticket, purchased from a 3rd party. I would like to add 2 days onto said ticket. Is this possible, even if it's 3rd party? I attempted to get a park-hopper refund and they wouldn't do that, so I am wondering if they will decline adding on as well.

I had also read on here that you have to wait until after first use of the ticket, so you actually have to be there in person. Is this still the case?

I bought tickets thru UT and was able to add a day by calling ticket services. I also had park hoppers bought before ticket price increase in February. I couldn't get a refund for the PH but was able to add 2 days at no cost not sure why.

I bought tickets thru UT and was able to add a day by calling ticket services. I also had park hoppers bought before ticket price increase in February. I couldn't get a refund for the PH but was able to add 2 days at no cost not sure why.

Depending on how long your tickets were, 2 more days would cost less than the hopping is worth.

Depending on how long your tickets were, 2 more days would cost less than the hopping is worth.

I actually tried to get refunded for the PH before adding any days. They said because of the ticket price increase and what I had paid I wasn't due any refund. I tried calling twice because I felt that was wrong. I then called back a third time to add a day and it was free for me to add 2 days. I actually questioned the PH refund with the third person and they told me the same thing but couldn't understand why adding 2 days didn't cost anything.

I think my trouble is these tickets were purchased many, many years ago. So, the difference between the current value and the price I paid is pretty significant. So, I have a feeling the add-on days will also be significant. But...we'll see.

I think my trouble is these tickets were purchased many, many years ago. So, the difference between the current value and the price I paid is pretty significant. So, I have a feeling the add-on days will also be significant. But...we'll see.
In many cases, continuing to save "very old" tickets until a time when you could use them as-is, would be more economical than upgrading them.

A ticket that back then cost, say, $55 for a "day" would give you the same park admission as a current $$$ per day ticket.

Does anyone have info on when tickets for late 2021 (after sept) can be bought? Would buying a flex date ticket potentially save money pre price increase?

Hey folks, its been a while since I have purchased ”regular” disney tickets. Obviously Covid is impacting many things including the park reservation system. I was pricing out tickets for a 2021 trip. Tickets seem to be a pretty similar price for 1-3 days but the ”multiday” discount of adding more days just isnt there. Did this change post covid or was this already in place? Should I wait for ticket promos for a trip in late 2021 or buy as early as I can from a discounter like UT or visit Orlando? Wasnt sure if the conventional wisdom had changed.

Hey folks, its been a while since I have purchased ”regular” disney tickets. Obviously Covid is impacting many things including the park reservation system. I was pricing out tickets for a 2021 trip. Tickets seem to be a pretty similar price for 1-3 days but the ”multiday” discount of adding more days just isnt there. Did this change post covid or was this already in place? Should I wait for ticket promos for a trip in late 2021 or buy as early as I can from a discounter like UT or visit Orlando? Wasnt sure if the conventional wisdom had changed.
Before the virus, later days on a multi-day tix were VERY inexpensive as the length of ticket was increased.

Hi everyone, I need help with 6 day PH Plus tickets that my daughter bought from UT for her family of 4 for a trip to Disney World the week of 7/26/20. what is the best way to get a refund for the PH Plus portion of the tickets since she can’t PH and water parks aren’t open? Should she try to get it adjusted at guest services or the ticket center at Disney Springs? I have called and written Disney and UT many times and get different responses every time! Thanks very much for your help!

Wasn't it after 4-5 days though, that you saw a significant difference? Day 4 and day 5, not so much of a discount.

Wasn't it after 4-5 days though, that you saw a significant difference? Day 4 and day 5, not so much of a discount.

Yup. That's been true for many years.
But, just to check, I just did a new, current price comparison below.
(The price for the later days still drops quite a bit after Day 4, and more significantly beyond that.)

Typical 2021 ticket.
(Jan. 20, 2021 Start date)
Add 6.5% Tax to all prices shown:

1-day Base $115.00
2-day Base $237.66 -2nd day =$122.66 (!) Cheaper to buy 2 separate 1-day Base
3-day Base $346.88 -3rd day =$109.22
4-day Base $426.40 -4th day =$79.52
5-day Base $455.15 -5th day= $28.75
6-day Base $469.59 -6th day =$14.44
7-day Base $489.64 -7th day =$20.05
8-day Base $517.28 -8th day =$27.64
9-day Base $529.08 -9th day =$11.80
10-day Base $539.66 -10th day =$10.58

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter