Is there still an issue of losing existing park reservations when upgrading tickets to APs? I have park reservations next week, and one of those days no longer show availabilty for annual passe but there's still availability for park tickets. We wanted to upgrade to APs our first day to take advantage of AP discounts, but also don't want to lose our park reservations otherwise we'd wait until the last day to upgrade.

I apologize if this has been answered already. I have a gold annual pass bought in 2020 that has still not been activated. We are planning to go in April. Will this pass still be honored or is it necessary to switch to one of the new AP types? Thank you!

I apologize if this has been answered already. I have a gold annual pass bought in 2020 that has still not been activated. We are planning to go in April. Will this pass still be honored or is it necessary to switch to one of the new AP types? Thank you!
When you activate your Gold AP certificate, you’ll receive a Sorcerer AP with the Memory Maker add-on included at no charge. In other words, you’ll get what you paid for but the blockout dates will be different.

My two kids have unused and expired tickets with a value of about $500 each. Am I able to consolidate them into a $1000 credit to purchase an AP for their dad? Thank you.

My two kids have unused and expired tickets with a value of about $500 each. Am I able to consolidate them into a $1000 credit to purchase an AP for their dad? Thank you.
You can ask. But the general rule is a 1:1 upgrade -- 1 old ticket/credit to 1 new ticket.

When you activate your Gold AP certificate, you’ll receive a Sorcerer AP with the Memory Maker add-on included at no charge. In other words, you’ll get what you paid for but the blockout dates will be different.
Thank you! If we decide not to activate this trip, the above will still be valid in 2023, correct (assuming the AP types are not changed again)?

Quick question. I bought tickets for my family already. If my brother in law and nephew decide to go with us can we buy their tickets later?
I understand that there'd have to be park reservation availability as well for them to go with us. We're not going till end of May

Thanks!!

You can buy individual tickets at any time you'd like, up to and including the day you want to go to the parks. As you've mentioned, there will need to be park reservation availability on top of that.

Thank you! If we decide not to activate this trip, the above will still be valid in 2023, correct (assuming the AP types are not changed again)?
Likely.
(Nobody knows what the future rules may be.)

We booked a last minute, one park day trip for this Sunday. I have booked our park reservations at Hollywood Studios, our Genie +, and also booked our 1 day tickets for our party of 5.

I received an email with a confirmation number that says "show barcode at park entrance". Do I need to do anything else or do we just walk straight to the park gate? 4 of us have magic bands that are linked through the My Disney Experience account, so can we just walk to a turnstile and use the magic band to gain entry? For the one person that doesn't have a magic band, do we need to get her a hard ticket so that she can access the return lines for the LL that we would use?

Thanks!!!

We booked a last minute, one park day trip for this Sunday. I have booked our park reservations at Hollywood Studios, our Genie +, and also booked our 1 day tickets for our party of 5.

I received an email with a confirmation number that says "show barcode at park entrance". Do I need to do anything else or do we just walk straight to the park gate? 4 of us have magic bands that are linked through the My Disney Experience account, so can we just walk to a turnstile and use the magic band to gain entry? For the one person that doesn't have a magic band, do we need to get her a hard ticket so that she can access the return lines for the LL that we would use?

Thanks!!!
You’re all set.
The person who needs a ticket will be issued that ticket right at the entrance tap-point as you all enter. (It might be helpful if that person has a legal ID.)

My husband and I both have AP certificates linked in our MDE. He also had a 7 day ticket. I moved that ticket to me because I was then going to move it to my daughter Who is not linked with my husband. Yesterday I went online to move it to my daughter and it doesn’t show up in my MDE account but it does show in hers - still in my name.
I can’t move the ticket through her account - only mine but it doesn’t show up there. So strange! Is there a specific phone number to help with a situation like this? Or better to ask in person? I am heading to Disney soon so I thought I was doing this to avoid that ticket being used by mistake instead of my husbands AP but it seems I have only caused more aggravation for myself.

My husband and I both have AP certificates linked in our MDE. He also had a 7 day ticket. I moved that ticket to me because I was then going to move it to my daughter Who is not linked with my husband. Yesterday I went online to move it to my daughter and it doesn’t show up in my MDE account but it does show in hers - still in my name.
I can’t move the ticket through her account - only mine but it doesn’t show up there. So strange! Is there a specific phone number to help with a situation like this? Or better to ask in person? I am heading to Disney soon so I thought I was doing this to avoid that ticket being used by mistake instead of my husbands AP but it seems I have only caused more aggravation for myself.
---
Try having HER move the ticket.
If using the phone app, try using a computer and browser.
If using a computer and browser, try using the phone app.
If using a computer and browser, try using a different browser.
Restart devices.
Try tomorrow.
etc.

---
Try having HER move the ticket.
If using the phone app, try using a computer and browser.
If using a computer and browser, try using the phone app.
If using a computer and browser, try using a different browser.
Restart devices.
Try tomorrow.
etc.
Thanks, I tried all of those things. In her MDE - she and I are friends but the tickets is still assigned to me and shows up there. But in my MDE I do not see the ticket assigned to anyone- it is like it disappeared. But a couple of other tickets assigned to my son say that they can't show details of the tickets right now. My daughter tried to move the ticket from me to herself in her MDE but she can not move it since it is assigned to me.
I guess I will ask in person when I go and if they don't have an answer will call ticketing or IT help after our trip. I don't need it for this upcoming trip - it is just annoying that the whole reason I moved it was to avoid a mix up and now I seemed to have caused a different kind of mix up myself....

Any chance it has expired? If so, you need to call to deal with it (or in-person).
No, my daughter who I am connected to in MDE can see the ticket in my name when she is logged in to her MDE and the expiration is 2099. It is an older MYW ticket bought before tickets had expiration dates. Never been used just linked. But I can not see it when I log in to my MDE. That is the weird part.

No, my daughter who I am connected to in MDE can see the ticket in my name when she is logged in to her MDE and the expiration is 2099. It is an older MYW ticket bought before tickets had expiration dates. Never been used just linked. But I can not see it when I log in to my MDE. That is the weird part.
Don't sweat "weird" in regard to MDX issues. (So very MANY of these kind of things... they happen to dozens and dozens of guests.)
If there's no time issue, just let it sit for awhile, then come back to it later.
If you need immediate results, looks like a call to Disney will be needed.

Last edited:
I think I know the answer, but haven't found it confirmed on the boards or elsewhere online.

I have 2 daughters dancing at Disney in February and we had to buy a package through Academic Travel Services for the dance event. My understanding is the ATS tickets are not upgradeable. My entire family of 5, including the 2 daughters, planned to buy season passes. Can the ATS tickets be sold/transferred to someone else (prior to use of course)? I figure I can give someone a cheap deal on tickets that at this point are just a sunk cost to us, we can use the proceed of the sale to help with our "upgrade" to season passes, while also letting someone else use the ATS tickets at a great price for them (likely my parents as they may join us in Feb).

So, that was sort of a wordy post to simply ask, can ATS tickets be assigned to any guest prior to use?

I think I know the answer, but haven't found it confirmed on the boards or elsewhere online.

I have 2 daughters dancing at Disney in February and we had to buy a package through Academic Travel Services for the dance event.
1. My understanding is the ATS tickets are not upgradeable. My entire family of 5, including the 2 daughters, planned to buy season passes.
2. Can the ATS tickets be sold/transferred to someone else (prior to use of course)? I figure I can give someone a cheap deal on tickets that at this point are just a sunk cost to us, we can use the proceed of the sale to help with our "upgrade" to season passes, while also letting someone else use the ATS tickets at a great price for them
3. (likely my parents as they may join us in Feb).
1. Correct.
2. A "qualified" yes.
3. Sounds like a decent plan for family members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter