1. Call, explain and ask.
2. Yes.

Hi,

By calling, you mean just to see if they say I might be able to get the credit when I do the actual upgrade?
Because I was reading I can't call them to do the upgrade, I have to do it at ticket window or guest services.

Thanks

Very general question: I have always purchased a package, so I've never dealt with stand alone tickets, always had Magic Bands, etc.

However, some of wife's coworkers are going to be in Orlando for a conference and might want to try DHS to get ROTR. If they go, they will just purchase one day tickets the night before. I already told them they MUST have an MDE account to get a Boarding Group...but how would the tickets work? Is there something to scan on their phones to even get in the park? Do they need to have something printed?

I already told them they MUST have an MDE account to get a Boarding Group..
That's not exactly true, but it is a more certain and faster way to try for a Boarding Group.

Anyway, have each of them create for themselves an MDE account, now.
If they want to try to board TOGETHER, they can all link together (friends and family) their MDE accounts.

When they buy a ticket (it will be a physical plastic RFID ticket,) its number can be put into the MDX account.
They can enter the park by scanning their plastic RFID ticket.
Then, they can use their MDX account to try for a Boarding Group number.

That said, click HERE and read very complete info about Boarding Groups.

That's not exactly true, but it is a more certain and faster way to try for a Boarding Group.

Anyway, have each of them create for themselves an MDE account, now.
If they want to try to board TOGETHER, they can all link together (friends and family) their MDE accounts.

When they buy a ticket (it will be a physical plastic RFID ticket,) its number can be put into the MDX account.
They can enter the park by scanning their plastic RFID ticket.
Then, they can use their MDX account to try for a Boarding Group number.

That said, click HERE and read very complete info about Boarding Groups.

If they buy from the app the night before, how do they get the plastic RFID ticket? They won't know if they want to buy a ticket until almost literally last minute.

If they buy from the app the night before, how do they get the plastic RFID ticket? They won't know if they want to buy a ticket until almost literally last minute.

They would go to the Guest Services booth just outside the tapstiles and request a hard ticket. They will have to show their proof of purchase and the credit card that was used to buy the tickets.

OR they could pop into Disney Springs' ticketing center and just buy the tickets there the night before.

They can be issued the plastic RFID cards right at the park gate when they get to the scan-in point.
There are CMs at the gate who can issue the tickets.
Each of the guests need to have a legal photo ID with them.

They can be issued the plastic RFID cards right at the park gate when they get to the scan-in point.
There are CMs at the gate who can issue the tickets.
Each of the guests need to have a legal photo ID with them.

Sorry for sounding dense...but what do they need to show the CM at the gate to prove they bought tickets? Just the ticket numbers as given to them when they buy them from the phone app?

We bought 7 day tickets from UT before the price increase, starting April 24th. Now I need to change them to start April 22nd. Trying to change through MDX increases the ticket to the new price, which is over $40 more. If I called, would I be able to change the date without paying the up charge?

We bought 7 day tickets from UT before the price increase, starting April 24th. Now I need to change them to start April 22nd. Trying to change through MDX increases the ticket to the new price, which is over $40 more. If I called, would I be able to change the date without paying the up charge?

I looked into doing this for a fall trip when it increased and all the FAQs said that if you had to change the dates, you'd be charged the current full ticket price for those dates minus the actual price you paid for the old tickets, so I think you'll have to pay the whole increase regardless.

Sorry, but no.

You have to pay the upcharge - it's not a charge to change the date, it's the new cost of the tickets based on the days you are going to be onsite. it just means that starting your tickets on 4/24 was always less expensive than starting them on 4/22. With date-based ticketing, WHEN your tickets start has a direct effect on the cost of the ticket.

Thanks for the info about changing the UT ticket.
I was able to return the original tickets to UT and purchase new ones with an earlier start date. Thankfully UT still had pre-price increase tickets. Actually saved $20 on the 5 tickets by moving to an earlier start date.

Scenario --

UCT - 10 day Hopper = 591.56 per person - including tax
Disney - 10 day Hopper = 685.98 per person - including tax

This is a savings of $98.42 per person.

So if I choose to purchase now from UCT al I need to do to convert to AP is stop by Guest Services and pay the difference of $685.98 and the cost of the AP?

Thanks!!!

Scenario --

UCT - 10 day Hopper = 591.56 per person - including tax
Disney - 10 day Hopper = 685.98 per person - including tax

This is a savings of $98.42 per person.

So if I choose to purchase now from UCT al I need to do to convert to AP is stop by Guest Services and pay the difference of $685.98 and the cost of the AP?

Thanks!!!
That PRICE is not necessarily accurate.

If (IF) the ticket that you buy from UT comes from stock that was part of the PREVIOUS (pre-Feb. 11, 2020) price list (not the CURRENT (starting-Feb. 11, 2020) price list) you would need to ALSO pay the difference between the on-line Disney price of the "previous" (pre-Feb. 11, 2020) ticket and the on-line Disney price of the "current" (starting-Feb. 11, 2020) ticket.

You need to ask UT if your ticket purchase is Pre-Feb. 11, or later.

That PRICE is not necessarily accurate.

If (IF) the ticket that you buy from UT comes from stock that was part of the PREVIOUS price list (not the CURRENT price list) you would need to ALSO pay the difference between the on-line Disney price of the "previous" ticket and the on-line Disney price of the "current" ticket.

Gotcha!!! Is there any way to find out the "old" prices?

I booked a swan and dolphin package through Costco before the ticket price increase. I have two 6 day base tickets. I would like to upgrade to park hoppers. The website is quoting me 257.00. Is this accurate it seems high. Basically 120.00 per ticket plus tax.

I booked a swan and dolphin package through Costco before the ticket price increase. I have two 6 day base tickets. I would like to upgrade to park hoppers. The website is quoting me 257.00. Is this accurate it seems high. Basically 120.00 per ticket plus tax.
Well, let's do the math. $120 per ticket. Divide by 6. $20 a day more for a parkhopper, per person. Makes perfect sense to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter