• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why the difference in price???
Shouldn't the cost to upgrade be the same as a 2 day ticket price? I'm confused
Most likely -- tickets for your dates increased in price since you originally bought the 1-day tickets. There was a ticket increase last month. When you try to upgrade, you are then charged the additional to bring that "older" ticket up to current pricing plus the additional cost of the second day. It would appear you are getting credit of ~$127 for the first day you already bought. If you were to buy a 1-day ticket for that date now, my guess is it's probably around $145-ish.

Go with option #2 -- have one person use the two 1-day tickets and the other person purchase a new 2-day ticket.

We have unactivated APs, and we don't plan to activate them until a few years from now. We have already made park reservations for our trip since our APs are linked in our MDE. Our plan though is to buy 2-day PHs for our next trip. When would we need to purchase the tickets, and will that mess up our park reservations since they've been made with our APs?

Most likely -- tickets for your dates increased in price since you originally bought the 1-day tickets. There was a ticket increase last month. When you try to upgrade, you are then charged the additional to bring that "older" ticket up to current pricing plus the additional cost of the second day. It would appear you are getting credit of ~$127 for the first day you already bought. If you were to buy a 1-day ticket for that date now, my guess is it's probably around $145-ish.

Go with option #2 -- have one person use the two 1-day tickets and the other person purchase a new 2-day ticket.
That makes sense!!! Thank you!!!

If APs come back soon, we're interested in upgrading our current tickets to the Sorcerer's Pass. My question is how do I know what next year's blackout dates look like? I already looked and it currently only goes out to Oct 2022. I'm especially concerned about the dates around Easter. Looks like the school district that I work for is doing spring break right after Easter Sunday next year again. Is there a big chance that Easter will be blocked off again like it was before the new APs came on board?

Hi.
I am AP but my sister is coming and having two park days in October.
Could she purchase two one day tickets?
One day a regular park ticket. The second park ticket with hopper?

Thank you.

Yes, she can do that. Crunch the numbers to determine what is the better price option. There is very little discount for a 2-day ticket vs two 1-day tickets.

1 day ticket: $148
1 day ticket with hopper: $217
2 day ticket with hopper: $373

The saving is about $8

I have a Platinum AP voucher for in my MDE for my 8 yo. We bought these several years ago and purchased a child age 3-9 AP. The voucher is now good until 2030+, we have no plans to activate it any time soon. What happens when he goes to activate it and he's older than 9yo? FYI - we bought 3 adult AP's and a child one at the same time and the price was the same for the child as the adult.

I have a Platinum AP voucher for in my MDE for my 8 yo. We bought these several years ago and purchased a child age 3-9 AP. The voucher is now good until 2030+, we have no plans to activate it any time soon. What happens when he goes to activate it and he's older than 9yo? FYI - we bought 3 adult AP's and a child one at the same time and the price was the same for the child as the adult.
WDW hasn't differentiated price for child vs adult APs in several years -- I was thinking it's been almost a decade but maybe less, so how it is handled may depend how long ago the voucher was purchased. If it was actually a child-priced AP, since he never used it as a child he would have credit towards a current adult AP (or depending on value, maybe a shorter-length ticket). If it was in fact a full-priced AP, he should be able to activate it as an adult.

WDW hasn't differentiated price for child vs adult APs in several years -- I was thinking it's been almost a decade but maybe less, so how it is handled may depend how long ago the voucher was purchased. If it was actually a child-priced AP, since he never used it as a child he would have credit towards a current adult AP (or depending on value, maybe a shorter-length ticket). If it was in fact a full-priced AP, he should be able to activate it as an adult.
Thank you for the info! We purchased these AP's in 2019. They were all the exact same price when we purchased them. Not sure why they even said one is 10+ and a child is 3-9.

Way back in 2009 I bought three 10 day tickets with 10 "fun options". We only have one of the actual passes left so I emailed guest services asking if it had options left and if they would be able to locate the other two passes based on the one we have. They confirmed that while the theme park tickets have all been used I still have 6 options left.

They said the pass would be good for mini-golf, Oak Trail golf and Blizzard Beach. but didn't mention Typhoon Lagoon. I'm sure both water parks were open at the time I bought the tickets, can anyone think of a reason the tickets wouldn't be valid there?

Also, they didn't answer the question whether they would be able to locate the other two passes, do you think if I went in person I have a good shot at retrieving them? If I'm just in the area and want to stop in, which guest services location would be the most helpful? I would email again but you all are so helpful I thought I ask, thank you.

1) Probably just a verbal oversight. I've still got a few options on my last 10-day ticket (from 2011, I think), and I've been to Typhoon Lagoon with it in recent years. (There's no way Typhoon Lagoon isn't one of the options - I've never heard of them removing eligibility from a old pass, and it was definitely an option in 2009.)

2) The Ticket Center at Disney Springs is probably your best bet if you wanted to do it in person.

Update on this...

Call 1: Was told I'd forfeit the difference in value and that I can NOT apply it to the 2 new tickets. Unfortunately I was also given a much lower value than I had paid for the tickets. I thanked the CM for their time and said I'd have to think about it as I wanted to talk to my SO about forfeiting the difference.

After deciding to forfeit the amount..

Call 2: Called to do the upgrade as discussed yesterday. She processed it and then informed me that the difference will be sent back to me via email which caught me by surprise. I then asked about the difference, she gave me a price that was nearly 15% higher than what I was quoted yesterday. I then asked if that difference can be applied to a separate ticket - not a problem.

So the answer to my questions are definitely Maybe and Maybe. YMMV but figured I would update in case anyone else had the question.
I'm in the same situation - tickets purchased in 2021 have a greater value than 2022. I applied the four day ticket to a new four day ticket, but there's a "left over" value. I have been on hold for 2-3 hours for the past three days and have yet to get through to a CM who can acutally do something. Every time I call I'm told i have to speak to someone in Tickets and once I get to Tickets they have to escalate to a manager. I never get through! Who did you speak with? What number did you call? I asked the CMs every time if there was a different number to call and was told no. This is the WORST customer experience I've ever had with ANY company.

Alright, 600 pages here but just wanted to double-check my thinking here with some experts...

I have 2 upcoming trips planned July 2022 and September 2022 with some family. We will be doing at least 8 park days (7 weekdays/1 weekend day). Ideally, I would like to purchase the Pirate Pass that is available to FL residents and cover both trips and any other potential trips but that isn't available right now 😭 So I think my best option is to purchase the Pixie Dust Pass which will cover the majority of our dates, and buy a one day ticket for the one weekend day if Disney doesn't resume the sale of other annual passes. When buying the pass I can buy it now (not on a monthly payment plan) so I can activate it in July when I first enter the parks rather than on the monthly plan that would start the clock now. Upgrade to the Pirate pass if it becomes available again if not proceed with the one-day ticket option if it isn't available before July.

Opinions does that seem like the best plan? I'm mildly concerned about Disney potentially halting sales of the Pixie Dust pass so just want to lock something in now. I don't think I can upgrade park tickets to the Pixie Dust pass if one of the days entered is a weekend day so I don't want to go that route.

I'm in the same situation - tickets purchased in 2021 have a greater value than 2022. I applied the four day ticket to a new four day ticket, but there's a "left over" value. I have been on hold for 2-3 hours for the past three days and have yet to get through to a CM who can acutally do something. Every time I call I'm told i have to speak to someone in Tickets and once I get to Tickets they have to escalate to a manager. I never get through! Who did you speak with? What number did you call? I asked the CMs every time if there was a different number to call and was told no. This is the WORST customer experience I've ever had with ANY company.

(407)560-2428

Said "Tickets"

Selected option for have existing tickets that have expired.

Sat on hold for many hours...

I used the same process both times so I'm not sure what the actual difference is...

Hi, I have a question. If I purchase a 5 day park ticket, but the parks for example are sold out, can I use them for another time?

When you pick tickets it's usually in a 10 day window. I would advise checking the park reservations before buying tickets for those dates.

If your ticket remains wholly unused, it will have a credit value towards a future ticket -- you may need to pay more if the new dates cost more.

Any ticket that is partially used will forfeit any unused days at the expiration date (determined by the length of ticket and designated start date). This is why WDW tells you to check the theme park availability calendar before purchasing tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter