Tickets through Ebay?

dohgusgus

BUT MOM, Disney World is only 2633.8 Miles Away!
Although I have good confidence in Ebay & its sellers, I was wondering if anyone had ever bought Disneyland tickets off of the Ebay website?

I already bought five for my upcoming birthday trip in November. I was a bit discouraged by another forums member telling me they may be fakes, as in they are real tickets but have already been used. I trust in Ebay's system because of it's huge success.

Thanks!

Ask on the Budget Board o these forums. A lot of members there have a lot of information.

Our friends bought tickets on ebay last year and they were multi-day passes with days left on them.

The tickets themselves state that they are non-transferrable to anyone except the original user. If you are buying tickets that have unused days then Disney could confiscate them if they found out. They can also shut down the auction because they are illegal.

Consensus on the Budget boards is to not purchase or sell them unless they are brand new tickets- unused. Even then there have been many on the boards that have shown up only to find that the tickets were worthless, and there was nothing you could do about it at that point.

dohgusgus said:
Although I have good confidence in Ebay & its sellers, I was wondering if anyone had ever bought Disneyland tickets off of the Ebay website? I trust in Ebay's system because of it's huge success.

Thanks!

Even though Ebay is so successful doesn't mean there aren't any scammers on it. You still have to be careful. People can mis-represent themselves there as well as anywhere else.

With the technology age, it's a lot easier to get scammed because a lot of people are so trusting. I was - once. Not anymore. I've learned to be a lot more cautious using the net than I ever was before.

I hope your purchase is ok but I would have a contigency plan just in case.

Disneyland's multi-day tickets expire 13 days from their first use, so if any days were used on them and it's been more that 13 days since they first were used, you are going to be standing there holding useless tickets.

The only ticket I could see buying from ebay is a one day ticket. All multi-day tickets coudl have already been used and whatever. You just don't know. I have to admit we did buy multi-day passes with extra days on them in the past (a couple years ago) but it was risky. I wouldn't take the chance. You can find plenty of other good discounts.

I was as careful as I could be when buying through Ebay. Sure there were several multi-day passes up for auction but I didn't even bother with those because of the issue of the finger scanning and them signing the cards. I bought 5 ONE DAY, ONE PARK admission tickets. Oh and about that contingency plan, my dad and I have already made one. If the tickets turn out used then I will call my dad and he will call Disney and buy tickets and have them on will call for us to pick up, if thats too difficult my sister will pay for them & I'd pay her back. My dad would immediately contact the seller we bought from, since we have both their address & phone number.

I was worried the whole time that somehow the PH ticket would get damaged in transit and be unusable to the buyer (I have 100% positive feedback, didn't want to lose that). Never did hear back from the buyer, so I assume she was able to use the ticket. :thumbsup2

Gotta watch out for craigslist too - people have been getting scammed and/or robbed. :sad2:

OK. I've got a ticket from this last weekend,it states

Not for resale.Nonrefundable.Nontransferable,must be used by the same person on any and all days.Hand stamp and ticket required for same day readmissionto same park and,if applicable crossover to the other park.

This is word for word off the back of a one day,one park pass.

I would never buy tickets from ebay again, I got 5 Disney Quest tickets(WDW) last year from a seller with 100% feedback rating around 50. Bought in June for Oct trip. All 5 had already been used so had to pay full door price. Lost me over $110 plus $40 discount I could have got buying from a ticket agent instead of paying at door. Ebay or Paypal would not help as it was over their time limit for resolving problems.

darph nader said:
OK. I've got a ticket from this last weekend,it states

Not for resale.Nonrefundable.Nontransferable,must be used by the same person on any and all days.Hand stamp and ticket required for same day readmissionto same park and,if applicable crossover to the other park.

This is word for word off the back of a one day,one park pass.

must be used by the same person on any and all days.Hand stamp and ticket required for same day readmissionto same park and,if applicable crossover to the other park.
I understand this but I think everyone believes I am buying partially used, multi day tickets, which I am not. The tickets I bought have "never been used. brand new" as stated in the description. Sure it's possible for them to scam me but I trust most sellers on Ebay, especially if they have a 100% great feedback. My dad and I have a plan: if the tickets are no good, then he will call Disneyland, buy the tickets and have them on will call for us to pick up. If they require the cc or debit card used to purchase them then my sister or I will just pay for them. If the end up not working, my dad will call the sellers that day, because we have their phone #s and addresses, and straighten things out.

Not for resale
What is Disney losing? Nothing! One person bought 4 tickets and those 4 tickets are going to be used. I don't know if anyone here is 100% in support of Disney not getting "ripped off", when they make millions. Plus, I think we are getting ripped off with $60 a ticket. :confused3

wayneg said:
I would never buy tickets from ebay again, I got 5 Disney Quest tickets(WDW) last year from a seller with 100% feedback rating around 50. Bought in June for Oct trip. All 5 had already been used so had to pay full door price. Lost me over $110 plus $40 discount I could have got buying from a ticket agent instead of paying at door. Ebay or Paypal would not help as it was over their time limit for resolving problems.

I have 350+ positive feedback of 100%, and I am very careful not to jeopardize - it's taken me about 5 years to get to this point! :surfweb:

When Ebay or Paypal couldn't help, I've contacted my credit card company to reverse the payment. They (ccc) have never refused to do this (I've had to do this twice in my ebay history). Can you contact your ccc? :furious:

POOH&PIGLET said:
Buying park tickets on eBay is just asking for trouble.

I couldnt agree more. I've had so much trouble on ebay with sellers, I am not keen on going back to trust anyone off that site anymore. Its just my luck.

But you have to be really really careful. I would go to a more legitimate site, the Disney store or a travel agent to purchase the tickets. Its your safest bet.

CindyH said:
I have 350+ positive feedback of 100%, and I am very careful not to jeopardize - it's taken me about 5 years to get to this point! :surfweb:

When Ebay or Paypal couldn't help, I've contacted my credit card company to reverse the payment. They (ccc) have never refused to do this (I've had to do this twice in my ebay history). Can you contact your ccc? :furious:
Same here feedback at almost 600 and been using Ebay since it started (I even had the idea of Ebay before it started, why did I not do something about it?)
Unfortunatly I did not use CC. They were paid for from funds already in the account from items I sold.

As for having phone # and address I had these details, the phone was not correct and the address was 300 mile away not worth the trip for $100 (would cost me more in gas here in UK)
What is the saving on these tickets compared with buying from an ticket agent/broker? even if they were half price I would not risk doing it again.
Hope they are ok for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter