Time allowed to complete course

UK_Disney_Dopey_Hopeful

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

So I’m all honesty, my training has been shocking. Injuries galore, then a 2 week holiday to WDW, then xmas. I just haven’t done the miles

I have ran marathons in the past but not for a couple of years now, so I’m trying to weigh up if I can actually complete this ocurse

I’m just trying to figure the longest time Disney will allow people to go round in. I’ve read somewhere it’s 16min a mile, which if correct I believe that’s 420mins (7 hours)

Is this accurate? Just wanting to set a pace pro on my Garmin so I can keep an eye on how close those balloon ladies might be to me!

TIA

Hi everyone

So I’m all honesty, my training has been shocking. Injuries galore, then a 2 week holiday to WDW, then xmas. I just haven’t done the miles

I have ran marathons in the past but not for a couple of years now, so I’m trying to weigh up if I can actually complete this ocurse

I’m just trying to figure the longest time Disney will allow people to go round in. I’ve read somewhere it’s 16min a mile, which if correct I believe that’s 420mins (7 hours)

Is this accurate? Just wanting to set a pace pro on my Garmin so I can keep an eye on how close those balloon ladies might be to me!

TIA
The official line from Disney is that it's 16:00/mi from the last runners to start (which are the balloon ladies.) That means that their maximum time on the course for the marathon would be 7 hours, but if you started in the middle of the corrals, you could have an additional buffer of say, 30 minutes. The exception to this is the 5k, as it is officially un-timed, and they just kind of shoo you through the course if you're taking long enough that it could impact park-opening.

If you run with your phone (not sure of the possible issues there for international runners) you can set up the runner tracking for yourself AND one of the 7hr pacers and then just do some runner's math as you go since the 7hr pace group is usually quite near the balloon ladies.

**a caveat is that last MW the balloon ladies were even warned by the actual sweep-crew (they are on bikes, and you will have many warnings about being swept and what you need to do to avoid being swept if you get far enough back for it to be an issue) that they were falling behind pace. Disney was very strict about the sweep points last year.

I understand Disney need to be strict with sweeps, I guess they have to call it somewhere!

Great idea about following one of the 7hr pacers. Do you know if they have a set numner to follow or is there somewhere you can find out in the day???

I understand Disney need to be strict with sweeps, I guess they have to call it somewhere!

Great idea about following one of the 7hr pacers. Do you know if they have a set numner to follow or is there somewhere you can find out in the day???
The pacer information will be at the Galloway booth at the expo, and it's usually published in a few fb groups and we grab a screenshot of it and post it in here as well. I'm anticipating them having that figured out/posted in the next couple of days.

Dennis Holler has been the 3:30(HM)/7:00(M) pacer the past few years so I'm just kind of assuming it'll be him again. Looks like it's Kyle Zahn and Bryan Beckering this year for the 3:30HM and the 7:00 Full pace groups.

Last edited:

I pulled up last year's results and it looks like the latest finisher had a 7:50 clock time finish. I'm not sure what corral I'm in yet, but in my last two half's I crossed the start line twenty minutes in.

I, too, am feeling under-trained, but I know I just need to be able to go the distance, since my walking pace would be good enough to finish.

I pulled up last year's results and it looks like the latest finisher had a 7:50 clock time finish. I'm not sure what corral I'm in yet, but in my last two half's I crossed the start line twenty minutes in.

I, too, am feeling under-trained, but I know I just need to be able to go the distance, since my walking pace would be good enough to finish.
7:50 sounds like it's likely someone from CrD. If the balloon ladies start at 6 and race for 7 hours (i.e. latest finish at 1:00 pm), someone with a 7:50 finish would start at around 5:10, guessing that's when they sent the CrD corral out.

7:50 sounds like it's likely someone from CrD. If the balloon ladies start at 6 and race for 7 hours (i.e. latest finish at 1:00 pm), someone with a 7:50 finish would start at around 5:10, guessing that's when they sent the CrD corral out.
7:50 was the clock time; so, with a 5am start, that's crossing the finish line around 12:50.

I’m almost sure this is the person that starts in corral A and finishes with the balloon ladies. He rides multiple rides, stops for food and beverages and all the pics. His insta is brandon_runs_the_world. He’s a super nice guy.

I’m almost sure this is the person that starts in corral A and finishes with the balloon ladies. He rides multiple rides, stops for food and beverages and all the pics. His insta is brandon_runs_the_world. He’s a super nice guy.
I almost hedged and thought "it could also be someone in corral A?" but thought it was fairly unlikely. This makes sense! He has a sub-4:00 marathon time, started at the front of corral A, and according to his IG he rode 9 (!!!) rides: Dino x2, Everest x2, Triceratops Spin, ToT, RnRC, Guardians (via VQ), and Spaceship Earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter