Time for MK gates openign and rope drop?

Synonymous

I know all about it, see?
Anybody at WDW recently have any experience with whether or not MK is opening before the published time, and what time the ropes are dropping to let you into Tomorrowland? Are they still doing a big character greet at the entrance? When does that start? Is Tomorrowland open during it?

My DD would probably like to spend some time with characters at opening, but not at the expense of extra trips on Space Mountain :)

They have the opening ceremonies with all the characters come into Main Street on the train. That is usually between 8:45 and 8:50am. It is during that time that they will do the coutdown to let you in the park itself. (Obviously this does not include Extra Magic Hours and priority Breakfast seatings.) From there they still do the "Rope Drop" for the lands that is at 9am where the CM's from the area will walk you into the land.

Thank you, Belle. Is there some little show that goes on inside the gates once they open?

They do the opening show from atop the train station that you view from outside the park. Once they let you in they have characters all around the front of the park for pictures and autographs. This makes it tough for kids to decide if they want to jump in the character lines or bypass them for the rides. Prepare your kids so you know ahead of time.

Thanks, Tank. It'll be an easy choice once I tell her the line's starting to build at SM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter