~~~Time for the DISNEY PIN exchange!!~~~.....CLOSED!!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
:yay: Time for another pin exchange :woohoo:
The exchange will be for two Disney pins - they do not have to be new but they do have to be in good condition. They must be tradable pins....if you have non tradable pins you want to use, they can be as "extras" only.
Sign-ups will go until May 8 (evening). Mail-by date will be May 16.
Mailing must be done via first class postage or better. Please use the bubble mailers.

If you are interested, please pm me the following info.

Name:
Address:
e-mail address:
pinpics name, if you have one:
Number of Exchanges you want to do:
Elf-Yes or No:
Characters - Likes and Dislikes- or any specific pin interests:
Will you ship internationally: Canada or overseas (must be by air mail)...
*If your child is participating, then please list their gender and age.

I am in :) Favorite time of the year and I have soooo many new pins to share!

Happy Birthday, Heidi.
Glad to have you join in the exchange. Let's hope this one goes better than most have been lately!

I'm curious to know how this works?

I trade my pins solely for FUN, and therefore don't make any effort to see if my pins are "scrappers" as people call them. If I like what it looks like, I trade for it. I realize a LOT of pins that you get from CMs end up being scrappers because others are trading them.

By that admission, I can't promise any of my pins aren't scrappers, and don't really know what I'm looking for to prove what they are. I mean, they all have the Mickey head pin backs though, which is what I understood to make them real (plus the numbering system stamped into the back).

Should I be exempt from this trade? If so, that's not a problem. I'm perfectly happy with my collection, even if they aren't all "perfect". :)

I just don't want to participate only to find out the person I traded with isn't happy with my pins because they aren't perfect in some way.

scrappers can have the Mickey head backs and the can also have the raised markings on the back.
Scrappers are ones with possible minor defects that Disney doesn't sell, but someone gets their hands on them and sells them and then they are out there.
We never know for sure.....some are easy to spot and others not.
A lot of us use pinpics.com to look and compare. They usually have the colors on the pictures and will also state if they are ones to careful of because of scrappers being out there.
Entirely up to you if you want o join, but you need to check them and/or send extra in case. The collectors are usually pretty unhappy when they get a scrapper and then I (or another elf) have to send out more.

Added info:

Scrappers are pins that were made in the factories in China over the allotment made by Disney. Are they a Disney pin? Yes they are.. but they are pins over and above the allotment "ordered" by Disney. So in essence, they could be called illegally made Disney Pins. Sometimes when the "second illegal run" of the pin is done, there are differences noted, but it can only be known comparing two pins side by side. These pins can also be classified as counterfeits.

Also, if the pin is made for Disney, and there is some error or variation noted, the pin may be "thrown on the floor" to be "discarded". Thus, the term "scrapper", as the pin should have been "scrapped". Unfortunately, they are not discarded and those may be the pins you are seeing being sold. When a pin is made, a mold is used. For whatever reason, the mold is not destroyed, so these pins can be reproduced again. What is happening, is that some overseas factories are making more pins for individuals who ask for them.

Recently, a factory in China has been soliciting individuals not associated with Disney to purchase Disney Pins without the authority of Disney. Included in these e-mails, are images of pins, which are noted below. The e-mail states:

Are you interesting about Disney pins? Our
factory can provide different style Disney pins
to you in stock. We have stock goods so that you
don¡¯t need pay for die charge.

We are slowly putting a warning on Pinpics with these known scrapper pins, and the warning will note:

Please be advised that there are unauthorized versions of these pins being sold from China directly to individuals not associated with Disney. No one can guarantee the authenticity of this pin unless it was purchased directly from Disney.

Every pin released by Disney has the potential of being a scrapper. Once again, no one can guarantee the authenticity of any Disney pin unless it was purchased directly from Disney.

Here are some guidelines to be able to tell if your pin that you have bought or traded is a scrapper pin.

If you are buying off of Amazon or Ebay, most scrappers come in a plastic bag with one staple closing the bag.
Many scrappers may have an error on the pin, whether it be on the coloring or on the backstamp. Some do not have any errors noted. On the pins below, the coloring is wrong on the scrapper.

If you are unsure of a pin, check it out on Pinpics, as many scrappers sold are pins that are not yet released or pins that have been pulled for release by Disney. I wouldn’t of known one of the above pins was a scrapper without checking pinpics. A novice trader would of just thought the pins are from the same collection.
Scrapper pins have rough edges and poorly cut parts.
LE numbered pins that do not have a number noted are most likely scrapper pins. For example, if the backstamp is ____/1000 with no number or a blank space before the “/”, it is most likely a scrapper.
If a character in a pic is in a position/attire that would not be Disney approved it is probably a scrapper. Though Jessica Rabbit is a bit sexy, she would never be nude. Disney princesses are usually fully clothed.
If a person is selling online and they use the words “tradable” or “real” they may be scrappers. A cast member can not deny a trade so all pins are tradable even if they are scrappers.
If the back of the pin has messy edges or very hard to read print because the print is jumbled it might be a scrapper.

Thank you for this info!!

I'll go through my pins and see if any of them qualify as a scrapper. Those that don't, I can trade!! :)

Good to see you, Jamie.

Who else?? Let's make this a really good exchange!!

Thank you for this info!!

I'll go through my pins and see if any of them qualify as a scrapper. Those that don't, I can trade!! :)

I never received a PM from you. Do you want to join us? Just a couple of more days for sign-ups!!

I think I'm going to pass on this one and do the NEXT one. Our next trip to WDW isn't until May 19th and I want to pick up some great pins.

Occassionally, our Disney Outlet has pins, but I'm always afraid they are "scrappers". I'm no pro at figuring it out, so I'll pick some up at the Parks. ;)

Have fun, and I'll be watching the posts!

Disney outlets actually get their merchandise from Disney, it is items that they are discontinuing or only have a few left of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter