Time to say good bye to the extra baggage

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
So about me, I'm a 33 year old mom of 4; Yes I said 4! Ages 7, 7, 2, 1; a bit crazy I know. I've never been thin or close to it. At my healthiest I was still 165 and athletic; a size 13. Today I'm far from that. I weigh in at almost 250 pounds :scared1: Scary I know. My goal is to return to the 165 range. I don't envision myself at 125 or even 135, that's just too skinny for me.

Over the years my weight has gone up and down depending. I did WW and lost 25 pounds for my wedding, but that returned quickly. I joined again and started to lose the weight, to only find out that I was pregnant with DD#2. Needless to say the weight returned. Tried WW again but gave up quickly after being discouraged. After child #3 arrived I signe dup again and failed again. And failed again after #4 arrived. So for the last year I've been racking up the weight and finally got serious about it. Needless to say I'm here. I wish that I did have a more supportive husband who enjoyed physical fitness, but sadly I don't. Instead he likes to point out every journal article that says you don't need to excersize to maintain weight loss. Instead he complains about our food choices, blaming that on his weight gain, rather than his lack of activity and poor food decisions.

This summer I started the couch to 5k program and did great for the first two weeks. From then on I tried, but it was hard to do. These days I'd love to start again but winter has arrived and so has the ice on the ground and lack of sunlight until 7am, which is gone shortly after I arrive home from work. Last week I decided to start something new. Paying for WW wasn't in my plan this time. Instead I downloaded My Fitness Pal to my phone and have started counting calories. I'm not doing too bad on my recording, but it could certainly be better.

Last week was going well, then the weekend and my daughters birthday party hit. All the hard work was undone. Instead of mopping about it I decided to start counting again. I knew what I ate and what I shouldn't have eaten, so it's no surprise. So far Iv'e journalled 3 days this week and feel better about myself for doing it.

Here's the numbers:

Me age 33
Height 5-4
Starting Weight 10/22 247lbs

Excersize, uh yah....I do have a gym membership but no time to go. If you missed the part about 4 kids that should sum it up. Plus I work full time and have many commitments (ie. Girl Scouts). I did finally try zumba for the first time with a co-worker. I'm terrible at it but might sign up again for the next round later in the month :) Either that or return to water aerobics. What's nice is these classes are primarily used by either older college students or university staff :) So not too many 20 year olds with perfect bodies to contend with.

I would like to run a 5k and almost registered for 32 this fall. I actually had the forms completed but never submitted them. My goal is to run them this next year, plus a few others :)

Short term weight goal, to break into the 230s before our Thanksgiving trip to Disneyland. Long term goal to lose 90 pounds, look good for my 10th wedding anniversary (try on the dress to see if it's close to fitting come June...memories sake), and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

I think 125 or 135 is very doable. If you need any motivations, advice, let me know.

Switch up your workout routine from day to day this way the results kick in faster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter