times of year WE prefer?

meesterjonez

Earning My Ears
Making our first trip home in early december. Usually the first two weeks of dec. are pretty empty, are there any other months or even weeks that are especially empty. I have friends that swear mid september is the least crowded while others tell me that mid jan. and early may are the best times to go home. Anyone have tips on the least crowded times to go?

Week after Labor Day, by far! So NOT crowded it approaches either a)scary or b)boring! We love to people watch :) But the week after Labor Day, you can walk up to a ride, go through the ride, ride it, and exit, all without seeing another guest! No lie. We've been that week several years....always the same. CM's looking for folks to help, people to talk to.... We went that weekend specifically to go see Fantasmic. Normally you can't get a seat without waiting forever....and I'm not going to subject me or the folks sitting near me to my 2 kids "trying" to wait. Nope. So went that weekend. There were seats available the entire time.....it never filled.

I *personally* think a little crowd is good :) More fun, more interaction, more people to see, more people to talk to.... But if you're looking to walk right on every ride with absolutely NO wait....well, that's a good week to go!

I love late October, early November and the first two weeks in December. Usually perfect weather. Early April is also great!

We have been to WDW all those times except May. I agree that the first week of September is the lowest crowds. The middle of January is pretty quiet too, but is picking up lately.

Seems like early dec. is getting a little more crowded also. And is it me or does it seem like Disney dosen't decorate for the holidays quite as much as they used to. Still awesome but maybe a little scaled down?

Early December is our favorite time to go as well. It is also the best example of how low parks park do not necessarily predict how easy/hard it will be to book DVC accomodations. I call as soon as the 11 month window opens to be sure I can get either a standard view or a guaranteed Boardwalk view room at my home resort.

Best wishes-

Glad everyone here thinks December is good. We will be going Dec 2-9 2006 with our good friends and children. Now if I can only decide on February 2006(school vacation, presidents week) or August 6-11, 2006. I picked these 2 to decide from because DS6 will be out of school. I don't really want to take him out of school. Next year I will also have one in kindergarten but I will be taking them out of school in December because we want to see Disney at Christmas time.

On Sept. 8th we walked up to the Brown Derby and were seated without reservations in less than 10 minutes. Spur of the moment, delicious meal!
We wouldn't have picked the week after Labor Day to vacation, but it was a good time to walk on rides/attractions.

Bobbi :flower:

The week after Labour Day is great. Very low crowds but still summer weather. I also love early Dec for all the Christmas decorations and activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter