Timing for WDW and Fiji

I've always found DVC rental to be a pretty overwhelming option - not sure at all how it works! Might have to do some more research on it as it would really be ideal to stay deluxe if we can make it work. Plus having the extra space would be nice for getting ready for the wedding.

Seconding the DVC option! That's what we've always done so far, the cost ended up being basically the same as booking direct for a value/moderate, and when I was pricing offsite hotels it wasn't that much extra considering the benefits. I promise it's really straightforward once it makes sense :) Even my sister rented points for her first trip this Feb so if she can do it anyone can 😂

I'd recommend checking out David's DVC just to see what the process is like if you wanted to use an agency like them, which would be a lot easier for first timers. The DVC Rental store are also really good, I've used them both and tbh can't fault either companies, their customer service is great. If you want to save even more money you could check out the rental forum here on disboards and the process of booking directly with an owner, but this involves a lot more legwork and understandably can be intimidating the first time, so it's fine to go via an agency

Either way I swear by renting, I'm sure there are great offsite resorts but can't beat that extra onsite magic! Especially for a wedding which (hopefully) doesn't happen often :cheer2:

That's great insight, thank you! I had a bit of a look on the DVC part of the boards here and even after reading all the intro spiels was really none the wiser 😂 I'll check out the agencies you've mentioned.

I've always found DVC rental to be a pretty overwhelming option - not sure at all how it works! Might have to do some more research on it as it would really be ideal to stay deluxe if we can make it work. Plus having the extra space would be nice for getting ready for the wedding.

We have done so several times, through both David's and DVC Rental Store - both great and hassle free. The biggest thing to work out for you is the timing, as you really do need to submit your requests 11 months out from ideal dates.

Yes I’ve used Davids and it was pretty easy. Each resort room costs DVC members a certain amount of “points” and you get charged by the point (about $19 to $24 per point).
So you pay a small deposit to make a booking request for the resort and room type you would like. They contact a DVC member to search for availability and let you know what’s available and the exact price. You complete the request and they ask the DVC member to make the booking for you and send you the details. Then when we did it you had to pay in full and it was non refundable. That was the only real disadvantage, paying in full nearly a year in advance. Disney is absolutely fine with members doing this, members can use their points in any way they see fit except for illegal of dangerous activities of course.

But I believe things have changed. DVC Rental Store allows you to pay a 25% deposit upon confirmation of your reservation with the remaining 75% is due 75 days before your trip. Both now also have cancellation policies in place so you can cancel but you still need to do so about 4 months ahead to get a full refund and the refund reduces from there.

It’s a great way to experience Disney Deluxe for a lot less but with this new flexibility the prices have increased. So have prices for all Disney hotels I guess

I've rented points a couple of times and it really is fantastic. However depending on how many people are going, maybe look into Windsor Hills as well. It's off site, but really close and the price can't be beat.

So you're having a Disney wedding?!? 🥰 My Disney wedding was March 1st, so a similar time to what you're looking at, and the flowers on the property were just glorious.

Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely considering offsite options as well for accommodation.

I'll have to check out your wedding journals for ideas... although I'm sure a lot has changed in 12 years! Pretty disappointed to have missed out on the days of the cheap 'escape' wedding packages 🤦‍♀️ We might be too early for flowers really, probably aiming for early Feb for the wedding, but our main concerns are the weather and the crowds 😉

I wouldn't even know where to start to plan a Disney wedding these days 😅 it was so straight forward back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter