Tipping limosine driver,luggage 7 people

Girlie Goofy

Mouseketeer
We have a limosine reserved to take 7 of us from the airport to Disney resort, then to hotel at US, and finally back to the airport. How much do we tip the driver for each leg of this trip, and if we have too much luggage to fit in the limosine, will Mears deliver it to our hotel later? We also will have a 4 yr. old along, will he need to be in a booster chair, or car seat? Thanks for any help you can give me in answering these questions, it's all new and terrifying for me!

Hi there!

First - my general rule of tipping is generally $2 per bag that is stowed and each trip is separate, as you may not get the same driver. This is give or take a little depending on friendliness and helpfullness.

I would think you would want a booster seat. I believe you can request one.

I am not sure about the luggage - my "big" trip was with 3 adults and two kids (one still in diapers) for 10 nights. We had a TON of luggage and stroller and the whole bit. We didn't actually get a limo, although it was called "limo service", but a large van that was very comfy, and had the built-in seat for the kiddie. All of our luggage fit - and there was A LOT.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for responding to my questions, it really helps with the planning of this trip. We may have a lot of luggage. There will be eadults, and we're staying at DW resort for nine nights, and US hotel for five nights, plus going in December and might need to have a variety of clothing for a vasriety of weather conditions. Hopefully with all the shuttle buses going to the Resorts, they can transport our luggage if they don't fit in the vehicle with us.

I'm not sure how they do things in Florida, but around here when you take a car service (limo, town car, van, or whatever as long as it's just your party in the car), they usually add the tip onto your bill. Just make sure your rate doesn't already include it. I spoke to an owner of a local company & mentioned that I wanted to tip above the amt they added on & he said not to, that his drivers were well paid & got all of the tip money from the bill. Still, I might give more if the driver was really helpful.

It sounds like you have a great trip planned! Have fun :)

Thanks again for another money saving reply! I never even thought about that aspect of tipping, and will check in with our travel agent about the tip already being included. I really appreciate your expertise.

Disnee Dad Says.................................Cut down your baggage!! We are only a family of three, but on our second trip we did zero checked bags for a ten day trip, and last November we had to check one because of some dumb new rule. This year we are staying at two apartment type places that have laundry in the room. If we want to push it, we could get by with two carry ons for all three of us!
Even for a two week trip I wouldn't pack more than five days worth of clothes! And here is a tip for the women, assumeing they can do it, make the guys do the laundry! I do a load at home, every few years, I mean months, I mean weeks!!! But on our WDW trips I do 100% of the washing!! Explain it this way. It takes two beers to wash, and two beers to dry. You get a one beer bonus if you fold it all.(reccommended!) By that time not only is he a hero, but he should be a pretty happy hero!!!

Thanks again, and again for all the information. I amamazed at all the teriffic information that all of you have, and share. Thanks , I have learned so much and appreciate everyone taking the time to post replies, and helping me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter