• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips on having loop request honored?

StampMom

<font color=9999FF>MK will always be the "real" WD
We were just at FW February 10-17th. When I called several months ago to make our ressies, I requested the 1500 loop. When we arrived, they did have the request on the computer, but they apologized and said that the 1500 loop was not available. I know that honoring loop requests is always based on availability, and there's no guarantee. But I was just wondering whether there are any tips or strategies for improving your chances. Should I have called a few days prior to reiterate my request? Is it based on how far in advance you make your ressies, or maybe what time you arrive on check-in day? (We checked in around noon.)

We're working on figuring out dates for next year's trip :), and I'd love to increase my chances of getting the 1500 loop this time!

TIA!

I am not sure about how the request for camping loops are handled but here is my advice based on getting my preferred cabin loop in the past.

Requesting the loop when you made the reservations was the correct thing to do. You really should have called again a few days before arriving to remind Fort Wilderness of your request. Then you should arrive as early as possible on the day of check in to increase your chances of getting your request honored. If they give any hesitation about giving you a spot in the loop then it is time to take things into your own hands and start asking direct questions about why you can't be in that loop. Make sure they know that you are willing to wait until later in the day to move into your cabin if that is what it will take to get into the loop you want.

I don't know how the campsites work though. It may be a lot harder to get the loop you want because the campers tend to stay for much longer periods of time than the cabins.

we view our assigned site as a start in the negotiation process - its gets us in the campground, if we like the site they assign we keep it if not we search for one we do like then asked to switch, this has worked out well for us.

Having done room assignment for FW I can tell you that the assignments are usually done about 2 to 3 days before you arrival. Farther The RA looks at whether your request match site type, when you made your resv and if there is actual availability. There are only 2 partial hook up loops 1500 and 2000. So if you booked a full hook up site you will not be getting either of these loops. The 1500 loop is probably the second most requested loop in the campground and also the smallest. 100 & 200 are the most requested. As they say in CRO request are not guaranteed but I know the FD really does try to fill them. Suggest that you make sure your request is on your resv, loop matches the site type reserved, and then fax your request to the front desk about 3 days before your arrival.

Thanks for the inside info, Grumpy92! Well, last time, I did make sure the request was on the reservation, and that the loop had the the right site type. I didn't fax (or call-in) a second request a few days prior, though, so I'll definitely try that next time!! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter