• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tips to maintain sanity (both for me and DH)

bweagle

DIS Veteran
I just keep thinking....18 more days, 18 more days.....I can't stand it anymore!!!! :p My DH is not as excited as me, but he's never been there and has no idea what to expect. I'm doing everything I can to keep sane until the trip....I'm on these boards constantly, I've watched my planning video again and again (DH finally sat down and watched it with me a couple nights ago), I've drug DH to the local Disney store and stick in a Disney movie every chance I get (mostly when DH is still at work). What are some tips you would advise me of in these last few weeks before my trip....things to do to keep me in the Disney spirit (not that that's going to be a problem) or things i need to do or get before the trip, etc. Last minute tips would be great! :bounce:

I would do some exercise, like walking around the neighborhood everyday.
A trip to Disney is physically demanding, but it's also a good motivation to do some exercise.
Besides, you can break those new shoes and avoid the blisters!

Definitely break in your shoes. Extra walking will help get you prepared for the parks.
Have you read the Birbaum Disney books? Great tips in there also.(Check the library if you don't want to purchase one.)
Have a great trip!

I'm jealous!! My tip-I would be thankful that it's 18 days away and not 540 days like my next trip.

Other than that, I would make a pledge to relax and enjoy the remaining days. Before you know it, you'll be home!!

The last few days before a trip are long, but they are also the most fun. The anticipation is a great thing.

Only 24 more days for me and that's all I can think about. I'm trying my best to keep my mind off of it (that's nearly impossible). I know that if I just keep looking forward to that one week that my whole summer will be wasted away just on anticipation. I am trying to plan at least one fun activity for my DS and I to do together from now till then. Hopefully this will calm me down some and help us both enjoy every day.

Only 10 days left for my DW and me.

It is so bad that I check the boards from work during the day. I am suppose to be teaching the brilliant 7th graders of NH. Thankfully we have been watching the movie the Outsiders and that allows me to sneak a peek on line!!

LOL I'm glad to know someone besides me is addicted to these boards. The walking tip is crucial. Make sure you're prepared for the marathon or you'll tire too easily and be miserable. Ditto for the kids and hubby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter