• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TIW

The expiration has always been at the end of the month following the month you purchase it. You get a minimum of 13 months. You can get closer to 14 by purchasing early in the month.

But that's if you buy in-person at guest services, right?

But that's if you buy in-person at guest services, right?
It’s suppose to work that way over the phone. The whole point of the extra time is to account for production and delivery time. It’s always been advertised as “one year.”

Ours was good for one year exactly. We got ours at the MK Guest Services. The extra months wouldn't have been used anyway.

Mine have always expired at the end of the next month, regardless of when it was purchased. Last one purchased November 3, 2017 and expires December 31, 2018.

I called last June and asked for a card that was good 9/1/2017 thru 9/30/2018. They sent it to me mid-August with that exact validity range.

Every TIW card I have purchased, and I do so at the parks, has been good for 13+ months not just 13. Its end date has always been the end of the month after the purchase month. For example, I purchased one a few years ago on Jan 2 at the parks and its expiration date was Feb 28 of the next year. I purchased one this year in mid-May 2018 and it is good until June 30, 2019.

Every TIW card I have purchased, and I do so at the parks, has been good for 13+ months not just 13. Its end date has always been the end of the month after the purchase month. For example, I purchased one a few years ago on Jan 2 at the parks and its expiration date was Feb 28 of the next year. I purchased one this year in mid-May 2018 and it is good until June 30, 2019.

Cool, good to know. We're actually arriving on September 1st so I might just buy it in person this time.

It's not paper, it's Tyvek paper.

Fancy.

It's good for 13+/- months, so don't loose it, you will need to pay $50 to get it replaced.

I have asked numerous places while at the parks but everyone tells me they no longer give out plastic cards. Is that a phone order and mail thing only? I really dislike my paper card as it is all smeary from the heat and humidity and would love a credit card type of card. Can anyone confirm that they are still doing plastic cards that have ordered lately?

I picked up mine at guest service less than a moth ago and it is NOT plastic like a credit card, it's tyvek.

Yes, you still get the plastic when ordering by phone. So worth it, as it really makes a CM happy to see one. Apparently the paper ones rarely scans and then they must call management to override a manual discount. Last paper one I had was really in bad shape and never scanned. I will always get the plastic one now even if I loose a month or so.

Laura

Yes, you still get the plastic when ordering by phone. So worth it, as it really makes a CM happy to see one. Apparently the paper ones rarely scans and then they must call management to override a manual discount. Last paper one I had was really in bad shape and never scanned. I will always get the plastic one now even if I loose a month or so.

Laura
This is exactly what happens to mine. I hate it and it has smeared all over itself so is barely legible.

Okay, good to know. Guess I will go to ordering over the phone when my current one is up. Thanks.

I was told by one of the bartenders who was having an issue scanning my tyvek card that I could call and ask for a plastic one free of charge if I explained what was happening. I called last week and had no issues asking for a replacement plastic card, it even arrived safely yesterday with the same expiration as my tyvek one.

I was told by one of the bartenders who was having an issue scanning my tyvek card that I could call and ask for a plastic one free of charge if I explained what was happening. I called last week and had no issues asking for a replacement plastic card, it even arrived safely yesterday with the same expiration as my tyvek one.

OK - sticking my neck out.... ONE MORE TIME. And I will KILL this post if an Admin is displeased with me.

TIW - PHONE: (407) 566-5858
TIW EMAIL: WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

Please, TALK to these people - or don't. YOUR CHOICE. Done properly? 13 months, plastic card that WORKS.
We have only done this for 12 years. So we are clearly fools.

Now - this post will vanish IMMEDIATELY if an admin has an issue. I will try once more to HELP others.

OK - sticking my neck out.... ONE MORE TIME. And I will KILL this post if an Admin is displeased with me.

TIW - PHONE: (407) 566-5858
TIW EMAIL: WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@disney.com

Please, TALK to these people - or don't. YOUR CHOICE. Done properly? 13 months, plastic card that WORKS.
We have only done this for 12 years. So we are clearly fools.

Now - this post will vanish IMMEDIATELY if an admin has an issue. I will try once more to HELP others.

Not sure why you quoted my post, I am squared away with my card, and also had no issue getting the discount with my tyvek card even when it wasn't swiping consistently, the people at WDW have other methods of applying your discount if the card doesn't swipe it really isn't a big concern.

Not sure why you quoted my post, I am squared away with my card, and also had no issue getting the discount with my tyvek card even when it wasn't swiping consistently, the people at WDW have other methods of applying your discount if the card doesn't swipe it really isn't a big concern.

Dear gillep :). I apologize - this issue has NOTHING to do with you....
I had to comment, as we appear to have an admin level individual that refuses to acknowledge what actually occurs, when one contacts TIW directly.

Hence, the "I will KILL this post if an Admin is displeased with me." And I always will do so. Better to kill a comment, than to have an admin angry at you...
Notice how that sort of thing HELPS you?

Question...we are going to VB over Labor Day. Fly into Orlando on 8/31 and are supposed to eat on property at VB that night. I was planning on stopping by DS on 8/31 on the way to VB, but now considering trying to buy over the phone. I had hoped to have it valid from Sept 18 through Oct. 19 in case we are able to make it to the Sept/Oct Timeframe for a return trip in 2019. Whats the best strategy? We are DVC and have Platinum AP's we plan to activate 12/1 or 12/2 when we are going to WDW.

Question...we are going to VB over Labor Day. Fly into Orlando on 8/31 and are supposed to eat on property at VB that night. I was planning on stopping by DS on 8/31 on the way to VB, but now considering trying to buy over the phone. I had hoped to have it valid from Sept 18 through Oct. 19 in case we are able to make it to the Sept/Oct Timeframe for a return trip in 2019. Whats the best strategy? We are DVC and have Platinum AP's we plan to activate 12/1 or 12/2 when we are going to WDW.
If you purchase on 8/31/18, it will be valid until 9/30/19. If you wait a day and instead purchase on 9/1/18, it will be valid until 10/31/19. That goes for in-person or over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter