"TO-GO"??

shyjade

DIS Veteran
We will be on the dining plan next month and after reading all about the quantities of food at most places, I have a question...

First off, no flames, because I am referring to CS and TS places, NOT BUFFETS. But do they offer to-go containers for leftover food like most other restaurants do? Also, can food be ordered "to-go" at CS places?

Our last trip (last Christmas) we took Wolfgang Puck Express to~go twice with no problems. I don't see why you couldn't at any CS. We also took our left~overs (mostly desserts) to~go also at some of our TS.
Hope this helps;)

We have taken leftovers many times from WDW restaurants. That's one thing great about having a fridge in the room. Just be careful about leftovers in the FL heat if you aren't going right back.

Thanks everyone!

I thought it would be okay to take leftovers along but something I read on the DIS made me think it wasn't acceptable or proper to do. We will be leaving the parks after our TS meals so I was hoping I could bring leftovers (desserts!) back to the room to eat later. Not so much to be frugal (free dining!) but I sure hate to waste good food!! ;)

WAHMto5, what day are you arriving at AKL? We've never been there, or stayed anywhere onsite before. In fact, this will be our first trip back to The World in 5 years so if you see a very excited 35 year old woman with an 8 year old girl (just as excited!) it will likely be us!! :thumbsup2

I saw someone get a styrofoam to go container at Cosmic Rays last week.

shyjade said:
We will be on the dining plan next month and after reading all about the quantities of food at most places, I have a question...

First off, no flames, because I am referring to CS and TS places, NOT BUFFETS. But do they offer to-go containers for leftover food like most other restaurants do? Also, can food be ordered "to-go" at CS places?

Most places will gladly give you something to take leftovers in. Very few are set up for food to go. It is a different process completely.

Just be sure to refrigerate soon, nothing worse than food poisoning on vacation.

We were almost always asked if we wanted to wrap our leftovers. Most resorts now have fridges now. On our last day we went to the Main street bakery and the CM was more than happy to put things in 3 large containers for us to take. They even put them in a large bag for us. We had so many CS points left we took breakfast to Universal with us. Heck, DH was still eating those cinnomon buns four days later. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter