To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

I'm going 1:26:35. Also I'm super behind on journals right now but loving the pics of G and of the house progress! All exciting things!

The idea of "cheer" stations is really great! I never heard of that, but what a good idea - fun for the runners and helpful for the cheerers, hopefully.

I ran this race in 2015. The cheer stations are absolutely electric. Just like a single path where they're just amping you up like crazy. Look to be 5 cheer stations between mile 9-end.

I'm also going to go way out on a limb and predict that you will beat your last time on this course.

Don't hurt yourself on that limb out there, it's pretty fragile. A then PR of 1:45. I did legit break that PR in the marathon that followed in October of that year. That was during my first Hansons cycle and my first indication I was in for a breakthrough.

I say 1:28:28. It's been a really hot summer, and that hill towards the end is rough.

I was going to run this one, too, but probably not a good idea since we're taking our oldest to college the next day!

I say 1:28:28. It's been a really hot summer, and that hill towards the end is rough.

I was going to run this one, too, but probably not a good idea since we're taking our oldest to college the next day!

Just an FYI, it looks like per the map they got rid of all three monster hills.

Trying to come up with a better guess than my prediction for Dopey. But that one involved Back to the Future and Spaceballs. It may not be possible to top that one.

The idea of "cheer" stations is really great! I never heard of that, but what a good idea - fun for the runners and helpful for the cheerers, hopefully.
The Disney fansite MousePlanet had cheer stations at every half marathon at Disneyland. They made generic signs and custom signs, always featured candy, and at Avengers they even had some cosplayers. I always appreciated it.

9 days until the Madison Mini Half Marathon!

Weather update!

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 6.32.59 AM.png

8/9/18 - T+D of 121, 15% chance rain, 11% cloudy, 4mph wind
8/10/18 - T+D of 125, 15% chance rain, 27% cloudy, 1mph wind

An interesting thing to note as I was combing over my data. I've PR'd in 6 of my 7 non-Dopey Marathons. Additionally, I've PR'd during 2 of my 5 Dopey Marathons. When including PR'd Dopey's but excluding non-PR'd Dopey's, I've run a total of 8/9 marathons as a PR. It's a nice thing to see when dedicating so much time to a single event.

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 2.36.50 PM.png

Not quite the same for the Half Marathons:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 2.38.54 PM.png

Although I'd argue that first race was confirmed short and was closer to 2:00:05. I've only PR'd in 6 of my 12 half marathons (including the 2018 HM from Dopey). Interesting... Probably has something to do with the focus of the training cycle.

My prediction is 1:24:42. No math or science to back that up. I just like that I could reverse the minutes and seconds :)

8 days until the Madison Mini Half Marathon!

Weather update!

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.33.40 AM.png

8/9/18 - T+D of 121, 15% chance rain, 11% cloudy, 4mph wind
8/10/18 - T+D of 125, 15% chance rain, 27% cloudy, 1mph wind
8/11/18 - T+D of 125, 15% chance rain, 14% cloudy, 3mph wind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter