Toddler in a Town Car or Limo

M

mrsltg

Hi All-

Being that so many of you have used the services of town cars and limos, can anyone tell me what the protocol is with child safety seats? Do you have to bring your own carseat or will the driver let you use a seatbelt? My DD will be 4 when we cruise (in VA they still have to be in a carseat), and I am wondering if we will need to bring a carseat with us.

Thanks!

Erin :D

You certainly may bring your own if you choose.
We used 'Yourride' and they furnished 2 car seats.
I would suggest you contact the service you plan to use and ask their procedure.
:sunny:

Erin, another option for you might be to bring a backless booster, depending on the size of your daughter and the style of the car. They are smaller, and thus easier to carry around, but ensure that the car seat belt fits well enough to keep your child safe (which won't be the case for most kids under about 80 lbs or under 57"). Backless boosters need to be used with a shoulder/lap belt combination, and the back of the seat needs to be high enough that your dd's ears are not above it (for an average height 4 y.o., that will be the case even in most cars that don't have a headrest of some sort). Your dd would need to be 40 lbs to ride safely in one. If she's under 40 lbs, she might be happiest on the airplane in her car seat anyway; I know my kids sure have been. If you don't want it on the plane, it sounds like at least one of the companies will provide one! I know the nuisance of hauling around a car seat or booster, but every time I start to grumble to myself, I remember that it's the best way to get them back home safely from vacation!

At 4 it would be dangerous to have them in a seatbelt. IF you are flying in wouldn't it be safer anyway to have them in a carseat on the plane then just use that in the towncar?

We have a limo reserved from Happy Limo for our trip. I was told that car seats are not required for the stretch limo, but are for the vans and town cars. If you want a carseat, they have them available for a nominal charge (I think it is $5).

Karen

Hi,
We used yourride.com and they didn't charge us anything extra for the two carseats we needed.
have a great trip,
thatmom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter