Tokyo Disney Itinerary-May 2024

Haley R

DIS Veteran
I've started planning our TDR days and thought I would make a post about our tentative plan. I feel pretty overwhelmed by Disneyland and the number of rides we plan to do compared to DisneySea, but we have two days at each park so I think we'll be okay. This trip is me, Dh, and ds (4). We'll be staying at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and planning to use happy entry at least the first two days. Any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
Day 1-Tokyo Disneyland
  • Use happy entry to go to Baymax
  • Book priority pass for Monsters Inc. first
  • Book premier access for Beauty and the Beast
  • Enter into show lotteries
  • Check Pooh’s Hunny Hunt wait time. If too long, wait and book as next priority pass
  • Get premier access for Splash Mountain when we can
  • Gadgets Go Coaster (if wait isn’t too long) and Toon Town
  • Roger Rabbit
  • Fantasyland rides
  • Lunch:
  • Haunted Mansion (PP)
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Pirates
  • Penny Arcade
  • Dinner: Tomorrowland Terrace
  • Dreamlights Parade at night
This first day is probably too ambitious but I’d rather have too much planned. It really all depends on ds and how much time he wants to spend in each area

Last edited:
Day 2-DisneySea
  • Head to Journey to the Center of the Earth first (use rider switch)
  • Book priority pass for Nemo
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Aquatopia
  • Mermaid Lagoon
  • Lunch: Yucatan Base Camp Grill
  • Arabian Coast
  • Fortress Explorations
  • American Waterfront
  • Dinner: Zambini Brothers Ristorante or food at hotel
  • Sky Full of Stars fireworks
  • Believe! Sea of Dreams at night

Last edited:
Day 3-Tokyo Disneyland
  • Priority pass for Space Mountain
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • Repeat anything we liked or do things we missed
  • Meet characters
  • Shop for merch
  • Lunch: Crystal Palace

Last edited:

Day 4-DisneySea
  • Book premier access for Tower of Terror
  • Repeat anything we liked or do things we missed
  • Shop for merch
  • Meet characters

Last edited:
TDR Explorer recommended doing Gadget later, when the wait times get lower. Check that Queen of Hearts isn't closed. It's closed during our trip.

TDR Explorer recommended doing Gadget later, when the wait times get lower. Check that Queen of Hearts isn't closed. It's closed during our trip.
Dang I didn’t realize Queen of Hearts will be closed. That really sucks. I’m having a REALLY hard time finding anywhere for us to eat and that was one of the only ones 😕

Geez I just checked and Vulcania and Sebastian’s Kitchen will also be closed while we’re there. We will have literally nowhere to eat 😫 Those were our top choices of places to eat

I’m planning on packing peanut butter with us so we might be eating a lot of pb sandwiches lol

Last edited:

Dang I didn’t realize Queen of Hearts will be closed. That really sucks. I’m having a REALLY hard time finding anywhere for us to eat and that was one of the only ones 😕

Geez I just checked and Vulcania and Sebastian’s Kitchen will also be closed while we’re there. We will have literally nowhere to eat 😫 Those were our top choices of places to eat

I’m planning on packing peanut butter with us so we might be eating a lot of pb sandwiches lol
I don't get why these are closing. I was hoping to go to Queen of Hearts too. I found some stuff for our son, but it's chicken nuggets/tenders mostly.

I don't get why these are closing. I was hoping to go to Queen of Hearts too. I found some stuff for our son, but it's chicken nuggets/tenders mostly.
That’s a lot of popular restaurants closing at once. Those are all places we ate at last time and were looking forward to eating at again. The only place I really found nuggets was Tomorrowland Terrace. Did you see them anywhere else? DisneySea I’m having a harder time of finding places to eat

That’s a lot of popular restaurants closing at once. Those are all places we ate at last time and were looking forward to eating at again. The only place I really found nuggets was Tomorrowland Terrace. Did you see them anywhere else? DisneySea I’m having a harder time of finding places to eat
Yes, I went through every menu looking for what we would eat and what he would eat and put it in my spreadsheet :rotfl2: Here's what I found for chicken nuggets. I did this for popcorn flavors too.

TDL: Refreshment Corner-chicken nuggets, Tomorrowland Terrace-chicken nuggets, Plazma Ray's-chicken tenders&corn chips, chicken tenders&cheese fries
TDS: Cape Cod QS-chicken nuggets, Yucatan Base Camp-chicken nuggets

Yes, I went through every menu looking for what we would eat and what he would eat and put it in my spreadsheet :rotfl2: Here's what I found for chicken nuggets. I did this for popcorn flavors too.

TDL: Refreshment Corner-chicken nuggets, Tomorrowland Terrace-chicken nuggets, Plazma Ray's-chicken tenders&corn chips, chicken tenders&cheese fries
TDS: Cape Cod QS-chicken nuggets, Yucatan Base Camp-chicken nuggets
Awesome thank you!

I'm glad you all mentioned Queen of Hearts being closed because I had not seen that yet.

Not sure what type of foods you are looking for, but it sounds like American foods. That's what I am looking for and Zambini Bros in TDS appears to have good cheese pizza and spaghetti and meatballs. In TDL, Gaston's has a French Toast sandwich that appears to basically be a grilled cheese.

I'm glad you all mentioned Queen of Hearts being closed because I had not seen that yet.

Not sure what type of foods you are looking for, but it sounds like American foods. That's what I am looking for and Zambini Bros in TDS appears to have good cheese pizza and spaghetti and meatballs. In TDL, Gaston's has a French Toast sandwich that appears to basically be a grilled cheese.
I have Zamboni Bros as an option. I’ll take a look at Gaston’s

Based on the length of some of the wait times I've seen lately, I'm also prepared to go to Ikspiari if I get desperate. Probably wont be much longer than waiting in a long line.

Based on the length of some of the wait times I've seen lately, I'm also prepared to go to Ikspiari if I get desperate. Probably wont be much longer than waiting in a long line.
I’ve actually had the same thought. We may end up leaving the park and spending time at the hotel or Ikspiari.

The wait times look so much better right now. I’m hoping the huge ride waits were from spring break and when we go in May it’ll be like it is now

• Use happy entry to go to Baymax
  • Book priority pass for Monsters Inc. first
  • Book premier access for Beauty and the Beast
  • Check Pooh’s Hunny Hunt wait time. If too long, wait and book as next priority pass
  • Get premier access for Splash Mountain when we can
  • Gadgets Go Coaster (if wait isn’t too long) and Toon Town
  • Roger Rabbit
  • Fantasyland rides
  • Lunch:
  • Haunted Mansion (PP)
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Pirates
  • Penny Arcade
  • Dinner: Tomorrowland Terrace
  • Dreamlights Parade at night

The wait times for the Fantasyland rides, especially Peter Pan, can really soar quite quickly after opening.

You may want to consider heading straight to Fantasyland after Baymax / Pooh.

I think Toontown is pretty quiet in the afternoon. Another time to visit would be during the daytime parade.

I'm guessing the theatre shows, "transport" attractions (e.g. the train), character meets and daytime parade aren't priorities?

Last edited:
Day 2-DisneySea
  • Head to Journey to the Center of the Earth first (use rider switch)
  • Book priority pass for Nemo
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Aquatopia
  • Mermaid Lagoon
  • Lunch: Yucatan Base Camp Grill
  • Arabian Coast
  • Fortress Explorations
  • American Waterfront
  • Dinner: Zambini Brothers Ristorante or food at hotel
  • Sky Full of Stars fireworks
  • Believe! Sea of Dreams at night
I'm not sure Nemo warrants a Priority Pass? I've never seen it having particularly long wait times.

I would be inclined to purchase PA tickets for Journey. Although, if you have early entry, maybe heading straight to Journey will result in a short wait time. I've seen some recent reports on Reddit that rope dropping Journey still resulted in long waits.

For us (with a 2.5 year old), Mermaid Lagoon could occupy 4+ hours pretty easily. The two rides outside, the three (?) rides inside, the indoor playground, etc.

Again, I'm guessing that shows, "transport" attractions (e.g. electric railway), character meets, etc aren't priorities?

The wait times for the Fantasyland rides, especially Peter Pan, can really soar quite quickly after opening.

You may want to consider heading straight to Fantasyland after Baymax / Pooh.

I think Toontown is pretty quiet in the afternoon. Another time to visit would be during the daytime parade.

I'm guessing the theatre shows, "transport" attractions (e.g. the train), character meets and daytime parade aren't priorities?
Thank you for the feedback! I’m thinking we will probably skip Peter Pan since we have that here and any of the others like that unless ds asks to ride. I’m open to doing fantasyland first though. It’s not really a set plan so maybe we’ll watch wait times and see if we should do toon town or fantasyland first. We aren’t sure yet if ds will nap or not. Maybe we will do toon town after his nap if he does.

Character meets and daytime parades aren’t a priority for us. Ds doesn’t enjoy parades and we do a lot of character meets here. The shows we will only do if we get lucky with the entry request. I think he’ll like the transport attractions but I was leaving those more as a filler like if we’re next to one and we want to go on. Are there any you think we shouldn’t miss at Disneyland?

I'm not sure Nemo warrants a Priority Pass? I've never seen it having particularly long wait times.

I would be inclined to purchase PA tickets for Journey. Although, if you have early entry, maybe heading straight to Journey will result in a short wait time. I've seen some recent reports on Reddit that rope dropping Journey still resulted in long waits.

For us (with a 2.5 year old), Mermaid Lagoon could occupy 4+ hours pretty easily. The two rides outside, the three (?) rides inside, the indoor playground, etc.

Again, I'm guessing that shows, "transport" attractions (e.g. electric railway), character meets, etc aren't priorities?
I wasn’t sure if we would get a PP for anything else so I figured might as well get one for Nemo lol. I might ride Indiana Jones as a single rider. I saw high wait times for Nemo the past couple weeks but I think it was from spring break.

We will have happy entry but I didn’t realize journey might still have a long wait. I was hoping everyone would be going to Soaring or Toy Story. I guess we’ll plan on walking there and if it’s too long we can buy a PA for it. Dh said he doesn’t care to ride so it’ll most likely just be me riding since ds is too short.

I think we’ll spend a decent amount of time at Mermaid Lagoon.

We definitely want to ride the electric railway at some point but I didn’t put it in the plan because I think it’ll just depend on when we’re near it. I’m not sure if we’ll do the gondolas or not.

Thank you for the input! I appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter