Tom & Heidi 1/19/09 Italy WD/WP/Narcoossee's/Sago Cay...Sprint to the Finish!!!

That really is a gorgeous pic of the wedding pavilion :goodvibes It would be great if you can have an Epcot photo shoot in the three countries most meaningful to you both :goodvibes How about that?

Heidi -- I am so sorry you were feeling overwhelmed and conflicted on your wedding day, but it was for such a good reason. It is amazing to have so many wonderful choices, rather than feeling like you are "settling" for anything. I can't wait to hear about everything you've decided! :goodvibes

That really is a gorgeous pic of the wedding pavilion :goodvibes It would be great if you can have an Epcot photo shoot in the three countries most meaningful to you both :goodvibes How about that?

That is a GREAT idea! Hmmm... :idea:

Heidi -- I am so sorry you were feeling overwhelmed and conflicted on your wedding day, but it was for such a good reason. It is amazing to have so many wonderful choices, rather than feeling like you are "settling" for anything. I can't wait to hear about everything you've decided! :goodvibes

You're absolutely right! I don't mean to complain. I am still thrilled with the whole idea, but every now and then we have rude awakenings from our Disney dream back into cold, hard reality. That was one! :rotfl:

I like the wine glasses with the vellum /tealights for Illuminations... That is unique! Sounds pretty!:goodvibes

Rose recommended it, and they had that displayed in Franck's. I thought it was a great/simple idea. Hopefully it gives everything a good look!

WOW can't wait to hear more!!! Those vellum paper wine glasses are so beautiful!!

how is Germany today??

Germany was great today! About 75 degrees!

Looking forward to hearing your decision, although as an Epcot bride I'm a little bias :rolleyes1

They're all so beautiful!!! Choosing is a bit of torture!

WOW can't wait to hear more!!! Those vellum paper wine glasses are so beautiful!!

I couldn't believe Disney was recommending something simple and *relatively* inexpensive. Although I did get my floral BEO...and they're $14 a piece, including a personalized shade, the rental of the tea light, and a bow.

Wow, love your PJ and totally freaking jealous that you are having TWO DFTWs!!!!
As a WP bride, obviously my vote goes for that.... BUT. Around the World is so FREAKING COOL. No one does that, it's so different and it seems to fit you guys so well.... and you could do mini passports or suitcases for favors....

So after that emotional day, I was constantly trying to piece things together in my head.

If we changed the ceremony to WP, where would we have the reception? (I really don't like plain ball rooms, and didn't think I would have enough guests to fill it out). And then, when I thought about switching to the WP, I knew I was giving up the awesome three-country theme that Kristi had recommended. I actually felt like I was letting her down!

On Saturday, we went to AK and actually had NO lines...it was amazing! So afterward, we walked into Epcot from the Boardwalk, had dinner and had a chance to check out some of the spots being proposed.

We saw Germany, which is beautiful, but it didn't feel "Weddingish" to me. Maybe because I live here and it feels like I'm "home" instead of at my wedding! Of course, that's a tribute to Disney, because it does give me a homey feeling. My Mom is German, and my parents have been married for 44 years (they were married in Munich, Germany). Maybe I'll plan a 50th VR in Germany and get to go with my "world" theme :p

DSC_0581.jpg

Based on the "World" theme, we would have used France as our Reception, but after seeing it in location to the actual France Pavilion, I wasn't that thrilled.

DSC_0595.jpg

Of course, it's still beautiful and at Epcot, but it doesn't actually FEEL like you're in France, like the Italy one does. The best thing that came out of that day was getting to watch Illuminations with DH and deciding we're DEFINITELY doing an Illuminations Party! It was a great experience, and I think it will be an awesome treat for our guests.

So, on Sunday, we met Kristi in Epcot to look at the original plan. I had already told her I was having "cold feet." :lmao:

In addition to the Germany, France and Italy locations, she showed us the room above the American Adventure pavilion. I LOVE American Adventure (but wouldn't have enough guests to have a wedding there, I don't think). But, I felt like I was going backstage in the White House to see "special" rooms :goodvibes

Here's a couple views of the landing.

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

And one of a room they can set up with tables and such.

DSC_0612.jpg

I really liked this, but if we didn't have our wedding in Epcot, it made the logistics of the whole thing a bit complicated. And you weren't really "in" the park...kind of set apart from everything.

Kristi then drove us around some of the resorts to get an idea of where to put on our room block. I have never stayed at any of the Moderates, but since the WL and CR are about $200 a night, it wasn't much more than the moderates (because of the 15% off vs. 30% off for CR) It really helped that she drove us around to these places, though. It gave us a much better idea about things.

Then, we were heading back to Franck's, and Kristi said she had one more reception idea to show us. So, we went to the GF and she showed us the Whitehall Room and Patio.

Here's some pics of me checking it out.

DSC_0620-1.jpg

DSC_0622-1.jpg

DSC_0624-1.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

Think, think, think!

DSC_0631.jpg

I really liked the WHP. It wasn't very "ballroomish" but it had nice elements of the GF decor and theme. And the monorail passes near it and I LOVE the monorail :love: It also made transportation to and from the wedding and reception much easier.

Then, we went back to Franck's to talk about a few more things.

DSC_0636.jpg

Kristi told us that Italy Isola was booked the night of the wedding, but it was available the night before. We really liked this location better than France, since there was a less obstructed view of the lagoon. We also talked about the fact that our wedding is on MLK Monday, so having an "event" the night before made more sense for our guests who might need to start traveling home after the wedding.

So, after that meeting on Sunday with Kristi, we changed to:

Sunday 18th Welcome Dinner at Italy Isola
Monday 19th:
10:00am Wedding at WP
11:30-4:00 Reception at WHP

Whew! That was done. There's still so many other places I also liked. I LOVE CG and would have liked a dinner or reception there, but I was running out of events to have at all my favorite Disney places!!!

OH!! I just love reading your PJ!!

I swear..I am not a stalker..just a DFTW bride going through withdrawl!!

Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. I know we were originally going to go with the Parlor at the AA since our wedding was going to be downstairs, but we ended up outgrowing the location with our guest count. We then tried for Ariel's and it was booked, so we finally ended up at the Living Seas. I agree, the Parlor is such a cool spot.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your decisions. I've seen some beautiful receptions at WH. It must have been a relief to have all those decisions out of the way :woohoo:

Italy will be beautiful for the welcome party; I know some of our favorite wedding shots were taken there.

Can't wait to read more!

The last thing we did before we left Disney was have an "engagement" shoot with Root Photography. We took pictures at the GF and WL, and the Roots are so much fun! We had a great time.

sc00276d18-1.jpg

sc002870cb.jpg

sc00288a69.jpg

sc0027180d.jpg

sc00273464.jpg

sc0027d155.jpg

sc0028a18b.jpg

There's a bunch more, but I haven't gotten the digital images yet. So, I only paid for "hard copies" of the ones I knew Tom would like to have in Iraq. So, some of these are a little silly...but he likes me that way :laughing: :love:

Wow, love your PJ and totally freaking jealous that you are having TWO DFTWs!!!!
As a WP bride, obviously my vote goes for that.... BUT. Around the World is so FREAKING COOL. No one does that, it's so different and it seems to fit you guys so well.... and you could do mini passports or suitcases for favors....

I LOVE your Passport idea! If you don't mind...I might steal that for a welcome bag! My friend was telling me that she went to a wedding where the Bride and Groom put things that meant something to them in the bag. The Groom was from TX, but had lived in Sweden for a while. The Bride was from TN. So, they put "regional" things in. I loved that idea. I could definitely incorporate into a welcome bag! Thanks for the idea!

It still will be an "around the world" wedding. I'm flying in from Germany, DH is coming from Iraq, we'll have other guests from Germany, all over the states, and even another friend is taking her R&R from Iraq. It'll be the best reunion!

what about a passport for your programs? "Love Around the World" can be your theme..you can have little german, france and usa flags in your table pieces!

i will shut up now before I start getting tackier!!lol

WOW! Everything is great! I think your choices will be wonderful! you should definately do an Epcot shoot-- some of my favorite pictures are in Germany- the colors in there are so pretty and Italy so elegant!

Cant wait to hear more!:surfweb:

I love your latest installments and Tom did a great job taking pictures of your site visits too! :goodvibes The engagement pics are wonderful and very fun :lovestruc

I do like the "Around the World" theme idea - you could really embellish on this as DDNut was saying :love:

Love the engagement pics and I'm glad you've made a descision. I'm in the whitehall room too and although I'm 90% sure thats where I want, everytime I see photos of the AAP I have to have a little rethink in my head. Do you think the whitehall room is just as nice? It's so hard when I haven't seen these rooms in real life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter