Too late for a Southwest sale?

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
We decided two days ago to do a quick trip down in February for the DAH event. Normally we would drive, but for reasons too long to explain, we would like to fly. Does anyone know if SWA will have a sale for that time period any time soon? Or, should I buy now and just hope for fares to drop?

We decided two days ago to do a quick trip down in February for the DAH event. Normally we would drive, but for reasons too long to explain, we would like to fly. Does anyone know if SWA will have a sale for that time period any time soon? Or, should I buy now and just hope for fares to drop?
Yes someone knows.
No, they're probably not reading here.
What happens if you buy now and fares don't drop?

Keep in mind, even if fares do drop, (unless you book with points) credit goes to the individual who's name is on the ticket (regardless of who paid) and must be used within 1 year of original purchase date.

They had a sale that covered Jan and most of Feb just 10 days ago (11/28 - 11/30). You've missed it. Keep checking daily though. They often reduced prices for certain routes/ flights with no notice whatsoever.

Steve

@sam_gordon - I am going to buy tickets, but I am trying to avoid the very scenario you describe - having credits dribbled across people.

@Fangorn - Thanks for that info - very helpful!

I was randomly checking my flights for Feb last night and one of them had decreased. It's unpredictable; it was not lower during their last sale. I saved about 460 RR points. I get a lot of points using my Chase Sapphire for travel and dining, so the points just go back in my account.

I was randomly checking my flights for Feb last night and one of them had decreased. It's unpredictable; it was not lower during their last sale. I saved about 460 RR points. I get a lot of points using my Chase Sapphire for travel and dining, so the points just go back in my account.

I’m new to using points. Don’t you have to transfer points to Southwest to use them? If the points cost goes down, the points go back in to your UR account not just a points “credit” on your SW account?

I’m new to using points. Don’t you have to transfer points to Southwest to use them? If the points cost goes down, the points go back in to your UR account not just a points “credit” on your SW account?

You don’t have to transfer points to use them for other people. The credit card and points are all in my husbands name, but we all use his points all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter