• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Too many days at Disney?

jendubz

Earning My Ears
I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

How many days is too many for you and your family?

*This is our first time ever!

Our first trip was 5 days--not nearly long enough! Our second trip was 7 days--still not long enough! haha You can exhaust yourself, but just build in some rest times. With 4 parks, I can't imagine being bored. Have fun! :mickeyjum

I think 7-10 days would be perfect for a 1st visit. Enough time to visit each park (some twice) at a leisurely pace plus still have time to do some extras like pool days, Disney waterparks, special events & dining, etc.

I think it all depends on your family's vacation style and how much you what to pack in each day. Stick around these boards and you'll learn all about thing you never knew existed at Disney (albeit with a price tag!!) Enjoy!

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

How many days is too many for you and your family?

*This is our first time ever!
That number does not exist.
6, 7 day at Disney is NOT AT ALL too long. I can't fathom who says that. I guess folks who don't care much for Disney at all would.
6, 7 days is a minimum suggested trip in my opinion.
That gives you 2 days at MK, 1 or 2 days at Epcot, 1 at AK and 1 at HS, along with a break. Anything less and you are worn flat out. I think 10 is a great, ideal trip, so you can slow down. 6 and you are going full tilt the entire time.

We went for 5 days the first time, then 10 days last year and we still haven't come close to doing/seeing everything we wanted to. There's no way that 6-7 days is "too much". Have fun!

The last few years we've settled into a 9 to 10 park day habit. One time we did 11 days, first 9 at Board Walk the last 2 at POFQ. when we were taking a cab from BW to POFQ we agreed that if we were to go to MCO at that time we'd fell like we had our fill. We enjoyed the last 2 but we haven't done more than 10 since. Nine this Nov.

Bill From PA

Last edited:
I definitely don't think 6-7 comes near the too long mark. If you think you'll need a park rest then make an alternate plan for one day and spend it at the pool, have dinner at Disney springs or another resort. Everyone's different and everyone enjoys different aspects, just do what sounds good to you.

First time a minimum of 6/7 nights - yes, some people love it and some hate it. If you love it, it won't be enough. If you hate it/don't get it, too long or just about right.
When are you traveling? Traveling party? How far are you traveling to get there? When do you think you will be going back? What time are you arriving and what time are you leaving departing day? Have time? Have $$? Like to relax in between or go commando mode?

We love to browse, dine at other resorts. We love to spend time by the pool. Are you interested in water parks? Any tours?

Well, first off you need to find new people to talk to about WDW. :duck:

For a first visit (or even those who have been multiple times) 6-7 days is a nice length of time. There is so much to see/do at WDW that a shorter trip will be over-filled.

We usually go for 2 weeks each trip. But that is mostly so we can take breaks, hang out at the resort, last year went to Universal for 3 days, and because we live so far away, Seattle. I am ready to go home, feel satisfied for about 3 months, then the cycle starts again. Plan, over plan, videos, plan some more, ask questions, read trip reports...... it goes on and on!

We just did 8 days last November, 2 adults. It was plenty. With that many days and using FP+ we only did 1 rope drop. We did everything we wanted to do. The only thing I would change is fewer lunch time ADRs outside of a park. Although after lunch we usually hopped to another park or hit the pool and then went to another park.

6-7 days of death marching is too long, we're going for 8 nights and have down-ish days every 2-3 days with minimal walking/touring.

We do 9 - 10 days and love it. I could never get bored, I don't think and I like a longer trip because it's a much more leisurely pace. Usually by the end of our vacation we are ready to go home though, so I think the length is perfect for us.

Our first trip was 7 days, and we felt that it wasn't long enough. Every year since then we have had 10 days in the parks, and at least one or two days outside the parks to take it easy. We've done this for 8 years, and have 10 day tickets again this year, and we have no problem with spending that many days in the parks.

I wouldn't want to do 10 days of commando touring. By spending 10 days, we are able to take it at a more leisurely pace, and take the time to really enjoy everything, including just enjoying being there. I think 10 days is wonderful, and often wish that they would make longer tickets available in the US.

6-7 days is the "normal" recommended length for a Disney trip. It takes that much time to cover all the parks comfortably. I did 3 park days with my newbie friend last trip who was there for her first time and we were go-go-go the entire time, had to skip a bunch of things, and were exhausted (worth it though!).

I like 10-12 days myself. Our next trip is with my little 3 yr old niece and I asked for at least 14 nights. I am one of those minute-by-minute planners and after mapping out everything, this is just barely enough time to see and do everything with some repeats, including waterparks, afternoon naps, minigolf, and I'm still trying to find more time to fit in enjoying the resort amenities. Food is important to us so a chunk of time is taken up by eating. We added on a couple of nights after (for flights) and now are debating whether to stay on property or move to IDrive for a look-see.

Yeah, it's not too long for a first visit. I mean, is there really such a thing as too many days at Disney anyway? Maybe, but for a first visit, 6 to 7 days is perfect.

Keep in mind when you are going. You'll need more time to "see it all" (you won't) in busy summer months or around the holidays than you would in a less busy time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter