Tooth Fairy advice

boardwalk prof

Mouseketeer
My ds (5 yrs old) has a very loose tooth. He is anxiously waiting for this first tooth to fall out at school because of the"special" treatment they receive. However, there are only 18 days until the end of school and 23 days until our trip to WDW. So we may be more likely to have this event happen at Disney.

Any suggestions about how to celebrate this event?

Thanks!

I teach first grade so get to see many teeth fall out although not usually the first!

At a part supply store, our local one is called Wishing Well, they have these necklaces that have a plastic tooth where you can put the tooth in it when it falls out. Everyone comments aobut this tooth necklace and then the child gets to tell everyone the story of how it fell out over and over....

If I were going to be at Disney I would bring that along with you in case it falls out, it is very small. Also, as for putting it under the pillow I might ask on the Family Board since I don't have nay experience with that one yet!

Have fun : )

Jenn

May I suggest sewing or purchasing a Tooth Fairy Pillow? They are awefully cute. I have one that was sewn for me by a family friend with a raccoon reaching into a mailbox and the mailbox was actually a small pouch to hold the tooth and after the fairy came, the money. If you are crafty, you can sew one just for your son and even put Mickey on it.

Another option is to look for the little hinged boxes that look like stuff like fire trucks, oreos, motorcyles, and so on. You could easily make that into the tooth holder and it would be small enough to keep in a purse in the parks.

Yet another idea is simply to keep it in a ziploc bag until you get home. Sometimes tooth fairies get a bit lost when you are on vacation. It's sometimes a better idea to wait until you get home and can make sure your own tooth fairy gets the tooth instead of a strange tooth fairy in another place. Who knows what that strange fairy might have in mind to do with the tooth??!?! ;)

Mickey

This happened to us at DL with my oldest. She lost both her front teeth while we were at the hotel getting ready to take a nap. We took her out on the balcony and took her pic holding up the teeth with DL in the background. There was money left under the pillow in the morning - by Tinkerbell, no less! Very special.

A different approach - my son had to lose a tooth or have it removed by the dentist ($$$) last week. We got him a Now&Later and told him to chew away. It worked - the tooth got stuck in the candy and saved me money. Yipee!

Audrey

The necklace thing sounds like a neat idea...

Of course, you'll (oops..I mean the tooth fairy) will have to leave Disney Dollars under the pillow instead of "regular" ones?

Thanks for all your great ideas. I actually hope it happens at Disney so there will be a "story" with the first tooth. My oldest DD has had several "tooth stories" and to this day we remember them and tell them over and over (She is 19).

Susan

My daughter lost a tooth years ago at the Magic Kingdom. When we were leaving the park, I stopped by Guest Services to buy a Disney Dollar to put under her pillow. The cm who helped me asked me to wait a moment and came back out with a Genie (from Aladdin) bean bag (maybe to grant her wishes?). We told her Tinkerbell must have brought them, since she is the "fairy" in WDW. She's 11 now and still has the $ and Genie on her dresser.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter