Tooth fairy ideas

MarBee

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Disney next week, and there’s a good possibility my 6 year old will lose his wiggly tooth there. My daughter has been imploring him not to play with it and wait to pull it out at Disney because Tinkerbell is apparently the tooth fairy at Disney World, and they both can’t wait to see what she does special.

Has anyone had Tink/tooth fairy visit while there? Have you done anything cool or creative?

I have zero creativity so any input is welcome. Bonus points if it’s something easy to do!

Thanks in advance!

I'd second the Disney Dollar but I'm not sure if they still print these. Guest Services is where we used to purchase them.

We are headed to Disney next week, and there’s a good possibility my 6 year old will lose his wiggly tooth there. My daughter has been imploring him not to play with it and wait to pull it out at Disney because Tinkerbell is apparently the tooth fairy at Disney World, and they both can’t wait to see what she does special.

Has anyone had Tink/tooth fairy visit while there? Have you done anything cool or creative?

I have zero creativity so any input is welcome. Bonus points if it’s something easy to do!

Thanks in advance!
First, visit guest services and see if they have a lost tooth button. DCL did this summer, but the resort only had a tooth box. My DD lost 3 teeth this summer at WDW and DCL. The first tooth was a Tinkerbell pin that had a small vial of pixie dust attached.

Last edited:
They no longer print Disney Dollars. If you already have some, they can still be used at Disney, but you cannot buy anymore from them. Alternatively, you could give a Disney gift card. They have some that can be ordered online (I think through the Disney store?) and you could maybe find one with Tink on it.

Other ideas:
- If he doesn't already have a little tooth box or pillow, you could try to find one, maybe with his favorite character on it. eBay seems to have a lot of stuff like that. Look up Disney tooth box or pillow or something along those lines.
- Pins are another great idea.
- Print out a cool certificate. Include some uncommon or foreign money like $2 bill, half dollar or dollar coin, or anything foreign.
- Get him a pair of special Mickey ears (or whatever other character he'd like).
- Fill a mini m&Ms container with alternating 2 quarters and a nickel. Take off the label and print a new one with something about Tink's vial of Pressed Penny Pixie Dust.
- Gift a cheap disposable camera so he can capture his own memories.
- Gift one of those glow characters (clip on lights) that you can purchase with the kids specialty drinks at restaurants at Disney. Bonus points if you have her clipped onto something random in the room (curtains/ lamp, etc) with a note from Tink that he has to find her.
- Whatever you do, leave behind a note from Tink. Cover it in pixie dust to make it look more authentic. What I like to do (even for the regular tooth fairy) since glitter can be a mess is use a glitter nail polish over the note so you have e the pixie dusted look without the mess. Then I roll the note and tie it with a colored thread. For Tink, I would use a lime green thread to signify her dress color.

We bought DD a small Minnie Mouse container on a lanyard so she could put her tooth in it for under her pillow. Tink left DD a charm bracelet with a single charm of Tink inside that container. A few days later, she lost another tooth so Tink left her a few more charms. And of course we scattered pixie dust both times.

My son lost his tooth at disney this past June. Wasn't expecting it since it wasn't that loose. And it was close to night when he lost it and we were already back at the hotel for the night (Poly) so I just went to the gift shop. There wasn't really any little trinkets I liked to leave from tinker bell. So I got a gift card (which they told me the lowest amount I could put on it was $15 UGH!!!! I was hoping for $5 but got it anyway) and I got a mickey rice krispee treat to go with it. Then left it on the nightstand. I totally didn't think of going to the front desk and telling them to see what they could do. But maybe they have something?? I told the employee in the gift shop why I was getting the gift card but she didn't even respond. No pixie dust there.....

Another thing!! Target usually has little disney stuff in there dollar bins at the front of the store. Last time I was there they had tsum tsum pencil and eraser sets and sticker books. Maybe some little stuff like that and take it with you in your suitcase.

My oldest lost a tooth at about 10 pm one night. You know I was in my pjs and ready for bed but, dh stayed and I went to the lobby desk and asked for glitter/pixie dust since she lost her tooth but I a, sure they did not want that in th Poly room! So instead they gave me 2 Tink puns and I went and bought her a Tink bracelet.

Oh and we didn’t know her tooth was that loose!

As a follow up, this is what they look like:

g3bHukUGhTxrufhIS4Fi2esjrwQhxAIL4oxxa1CW4n04vbtwyUrx3COB8lO6O4Al8hYfCeGo8V_FOGkt_4tOVklRFiRU_Agv3TDdL76OXrdl3UW8QVWuk9_Hr81XXCLHLfHtUgfQtQ=w2400

Dd tried to surprise me and clean out my nightstand drawer and found a “missing” tooth which I reminded her she already received $ from TF a few year supply ago. She still wanted to put it under her pillow tonight and these were great ideas! Thank you!

My DD now 9 lost her first tooth 1 week before we left for the UK. I had a couple of co-workers who had been to the UK in the past year and asked to but any UK coins they had left over from their travels. they just gave me what they had as they thought is was a neat idea that the tooth faery would know about our trip. I ended up with close to 5 pounds in coins to put under her pillow. The first tooth was special, now the tooth faery only leaves a twoonie ($2 Canadian coin) for each tooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter