Top Secret Pixie Dust! A Surprise 13th Birthday PTR! NEW! TRIP REPORT LINK PAGE 220!

Hooray for another rollicking CP Pre-Trippie! :woohoo:

I could never, ever keep a Disney trip a secret... I bow to you... :worship:

Kathy

I'm here and before you've changed resorts! ......you haven't changed resorts yet have you???? Now to go back and read!

I'm IN!!!

only 5+ pages of your groupies later...I hope I didn't miss any additional inside handshakes...;)

and here's my homemade Mouse Ears (well actually DH mostly made them for Mae's 6th b-day in 08)

100_0649.jpg

Love all the Secret Agent introductions and pictures...:thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear all about the covert plans. Chelsea's going to be so excited to be staying at her dream resort.

Tell me about it! It was bad enough when she didn't want any American Girl stuff for Christmas, but then add the whole make-up thing into the mix...:eek: She really wants eyeliner, too, but I am making her wait on that. Most 7th grade girls apply eyeliner like a pack of raccoons.

Can I admit how much this made me laugh? I had a bad flashback to my own 13 year old days when the only way to apply your eyeliner was to warm up kohl black eyeliner with a lighter and then apply it practically on the inside of your lower lids.:scared1: I don't know why in the world we thought that was stylish. Eeek!

Can I admit how much this made me laugh? I had a bad flashback to my own 13 year old days when the only way to apply your eyeliner was to warm up kohl black eyeliner with a lighter and then apply it practically on the inside of your lower lids.:scared1: I don't know why in the world we thought that was stylish. Eeek!

I saw a "What not to wear" on Saturday where the lady was still doing this with her liner.

I'm here and before you've changed resorts! ......you haven't changed resorts yet have you???? Now to go back and read!

I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually think she won't have ANY resort changes this time!!!!! SHOCKING!!!!!! Oh whatever will she do?!?!?!?!?

6 pages!! Where have I been???:confused3 Too busy cooking yesterday I guess. I'm here now & love your introductions!!
Shocker you just crack me up with your "illustrations"!!:rotfl2:

How funny. My niece will be 13 this summer also and her name is Elizabeth. Thankfully she doesn't push the limits just yet. My sister's always been the "lucky" one in regards to kids in the behavior dept. I think it's because she couldn't handle it! ;)
So, I know I'm the only reader you have who is this clueless but where do you get these oh-so-wonderful codes?

Tell me about it! It was bad enough when she didn't want any American Girl stuff for Christmas, but then add the whole make-up thing into the mix...:eek: She really wants eyeliner, too, but I am making her wait on that. Most 7th grade girls apply eyeliner like a pack of raccoons.

Hehehehe...(doesn't LL do that a lot...;) Don't forget I'm 2 1/2 years ahead of you on this stuff...so I know where you are coming from and I know where you are headed...;) and Emily like Chelsea is a really nice girl and a great kid but even so there are days...:sad2:...I laugh so I don't cry...(didn't someone famous say that?)

There was actually a group that was actually nicknamed the racoon girls in 7th grade...it was way over the top...(their makeup)

The first year they don't want an American Girl Doll is really sad...:sad1:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Yes, I have been down the belts as skirts road -- Chelsea found a skirt in her dresser that, I kid you not, was a size six (in kids') -- she attempted to wear it and claim it was okay because she had leggings on -- like leggings aren't just tights without feet. That was an interesting battle.

Again Hehehe...Em has attempted to and occasionally worn David's t shirts...and please don't get me started on the skirts...Eric has asked if they were bandages...we compromise...I don't want to see any underthings when she bends over...that doesn't seem to much to ask...(you are going to have to pick your battles or you won't be getting much done)...I understand this but Eric is still struggling...

There are some mornings, I just shake my head.

I hear you sister...

You're much nicer than me...between the make-up and the body splashes and perfume, Chelsea's room resembles a French house of ill repute -- only I don't call it that, but I don't think the word I use is DIS appropriate. :rotfl:

:lmao: that goes away a bit...after the novelty wears off they do become more selective in the fragrance and makeup area...I actually took Emily to the Clinique counter and let them do her makeup...they did a really nice, fairly light appropriate look and we bought a couple of things and for the most part she is going with the less is more approach except the eye liner is still a little off...:confused3...I actually realized tonight when I was trying to figure it out...that part of the problem was that she wasn't getting all of it off at night even with the makeup wipes...so tonight I helped her and it all came off...so we'll see where that goes...

Em actually does have lot of French stuff in her room since she is studying French and actually has a movie poster of Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette on her wall..(so French house of ill repute..really made me laugh...:lmao:...I've tried to channel some of her "original ideas" into a more bohemian Parisian apt. effect...It's actually attractive now...still a bit "intense for me...but attractive...

btw...J...you might appreciate (or not) this...Emily thinks it would be really cool/fun/nice if she could invite a couple of friends on her birthday trip...hehehehe

I'm here!...I'll try to keep up:lmao:

(thank goodness for links!)

Paula

Hi, Paula! So glad to have you here!

Well, not that this helps right now but we have found with Kendall (and I can attest I was exactly the same at her age) that 7th grade and 13 was the highlight of the bad, heavy, overdone makeup both the eyeshadow, liner and the mascara. I think it's that first year of freedom. She has completely toned it down all on her own and most of the time it's rather lovely, occasionally a little heavy handed on the liner but a million times better. I'm glad we let it go at the time (kind of like Taylors scary facial hair but that's another story) as I think it resolved itself earlier as a result.

I figure when I finally let Chelsea wear eyeliner (she is already allowed to wear lip gloss, eye shadow, and mascara), I won't fight the battle about how it looks. Like you said, it will no doubt resolve itself. Besides, the pain of looking at the pictures of herself at this age when she is much older will be its own punishment. :rotfl:

We've had a few of those skirt battles, I finally just purged all her drawers myself or she would try to wear them! "But really they fit fine"

um. not.

I tend to hide the clothes that don't fit anymore when I do laundry. ;)

Now we just have to watch them all roll their soccer shorts up so they are as short as possible but then I have to laugh as she tried to yank her vball ones down!

:lmao: I know all about this since Chelsea plays soccer and Charles coaches her team. He was saying the other day that when conditioning starts next week, they were all going to freeze to death!

We saw some teens at the mall on the 23rd in short shorts. It was scary! Not only was it only 40 degrees out but these were some WHITE kids! Just not attractive at all. Thankfully even Kendall thought so.

:eek:

Now if we could get her to move faster on her hair......

This morning, the first day back for students, I got Chelsea up at 5:45 -- she was still getting ready at 6:35 when I knocked on her door and said, "Ten minutes." I feel like a stage manager every morning trying to pry the prima donna out of her dressing room. :rotfl:

I had four sons, so the teenage angst years were not so dramatic. Although boys have their share, not as many things to battle about.

In 2011 I will be treating my grandaughters to a trip tp WDW & I can hardly wait. They will be 8 & 6, perfect time for the Princess thing. Boys were not into that at all, just rides.

I am hoping things are a bit easier with Connor. He "claims" he will never do anything to stress me out, but we will see. :rolleyes:

Your 2011 trip with the granddaughters sounds like so much fun! It makes me sad that Chelsea has outgrown the whole princess thing.

Does her room look like this?

pelican-house-lg.jpg

:lmao: Well, actually...:rolleyes1

I'm late but I'm signing up too. We have a secret trip planned for next month to POFQ of course if Danielle had her choice it would be too The Grand too. It's so hard to keep the secret I can't wait to read how you do it.

Welcome! Glad to have you here! It has already been hard to keep the secret, and we still have six and a half months.

French house of ill repute! :lmao: Very well put!
My youngest niece is 13 and unfortunately she has the influence of an older sister and brother :sad2: She is a good girl but I just think she as well as many teens that age are overexposed. Ughh and that black eyeliner....I suggested a dark brown because the black can be so harsh :confused3

Tracy

::yes:: I see that a lot being a middle school teacher!

I'm late to your report, but I have a fairly good excuse. I was on the beach of the Poly with these crazy people who were dancing and singing(if you can call it that) and then there was that crazy Georgia traffic. But I'm here now and promise to keep your secret.

Hurray! Jill's here!!! :banana: Your excuse is an awfully good one! :goodvibes Sorry about that Georgia traffic (it can be unbearable).

Middle school girls seem to think leggings are pants. The skirts just seem to get smaller and smaller as the make-up gets heavier and heavier.

That's true -- like covering their eyes with liner takes the place of covering...well, you know! :lmao:

Welcome, Denise!!! So glad you came!

I'm here! Do we need security clearance or something? Because that could be a problem.....

Hi, Christina! I am sure we can make an exception on the security clearance for some people! After all, we did let Shocker in! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I have a 14 year old so, I can relate. Luckily, no make-up yet but I think soon. Although the clothing and jewelry is in full effect. Also that lovely attitude. Is Chelsea in to Twilight? My dd, Emily loves it. The second movie came out the night before our Disney trip and she wanted to go see it at night when we were leaving early the next day. That was a battle.

That attitude is going to be the end of me -- I can deal with the make-up, clothes, and overpowering perfume much better than I can that sassy mouth of Chelsea's. :sad2:

She is totally into Twilight -- I can just imagine what she would have been like if we had a Disney trip planned when one of the movies came out. Yikes!

Yes! 38 (almost 37) days! I've started the packing lists already.

:lmao: I laughed so hard when I read that! Such a good way of putting it without violating any DIS rules. ;)

Yeay for packing lists!!! It will be here before you know it! I can't wait to see what fun photo opportunities you all come up with this time!

Oh you know I will totally help you with the big surprise reveal part! Heck, we all will!!! :goodvibes

Yeay! Thank you! :goodvibes

I had a one sets of cheeks showing rule in my classroom, the ones on their faces. If I saw the other set they needed to change shorts or skirt.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Love it!!!

Back from another good trip: brain-fried and sleep-deprived. Just happened to see you had started this as I scrolled through before turning in.

That's post-Disney syndrome for sure! ;)

We were at the Grand for a very short time, so I pretty much just got some lobby pictures. I planned to get much more, but I was already late meeting the group so we could head out to Fort Wilderness.

Any Grand is good Grand! :goodvibes

We visited with Chelsea's buddy at Hollywood Studios. It is quite possible that we took a Santa hat with us and put it on his head so he could give her a proper Christmas shout-out. A strange man gave us an even stranger look, but neither Bo nor I seemed to care much. :)

Which we all loved at our house!!!

I am on board for keeping all secrets involved in this mission. ::yes::

Yeay!!! :banana:

Oh yeah, I did my time with a teenage girl. Some days are not fun, and Jill was a breeze compared to many. It does pass, though, and they grow up to be pretty awesome young women who become incredible friends and give you lovely little grandchildren. :goodvibes

We seem to be off to a good start this morning. We have been in each other's company for an hour with no shouting, screaming, crying, or eye-rolling. (Knock on wood.)

My computer caught a virus and I've been offline for a few days.:sick: Luckily I had enough chocolate from Christmas leftover to help me through my disboard cravings while my DH battled the virus. And my 180 day mark came so I was busy on the phone with Disney. Looking forward to hearing where you're heading to. Especially for the big birthday day.

Sounds like we are going to miss each other this summer by a couple of weeks -- my ADR day is a week from today.

Hooray for another rollicking CP Pre-Trippie! :woohoo:

I could never, ever keep a Disney trip a secret... I bow to you... :worship:

Kathy

Hi, Kathy!!! I have never tried to keep a Disney trip secret so we will see how this goes!

:lmao:

Welcome, Heidi! You got here just in the nick of time.

I have tried to change resorts twice, but Charles isn't letting me. :laughing:

I'm IN!!!

only 5+ pages of your groupies later...I hope I didn't miss any additional inside handshakes...;)

and here's my homemade Mouse Ears (well actually DH mostly made them for Mae's 6th b-day in 08)

100_0649.jpg

Love all the Secret Agent introductions and pictures...:thumbsup2

Hi, Scrappie J! So glad you are here!!! Those Mouse Ears are perfect! No one will ever recognize us in them! :thumbsup2:lmao:

I'm in!! I just LOVE surprises!! This will be yet another fun PTR to read, Jackie!! :goodvibes

Hi, Becky!!! I love surprises, too -- let's hope I can keep quiet about it!

I can't wait to hear all about the covert plans. Chelsea's going to be so excited to be staying at her dream resort.

She better be. :rotfl:

I so remember doing this!!! I always felt so stylish and Cleopatra-like -- rings of eyeliner said "sultry seductress" in my teenage mind. :rotfl:

I saw a "What not to wear" on Saturday where the lady was still doing this with her liner.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I can't really remember the last time I wore eyeliner -- I am not big into make-up...

I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually think she won't have ANY resort changes this time!!!!! SHOCKING!!!!!! Oh whatever will she do?!?!?!?!?

I keep trying, Jen! :rotfl2: Between all these Christmas TRs I am reading with stays at the Boardwalk and the Beach Club, I keep showing them to Charles. He keeps telling me no.

6 pages!! Where have I been???:confused3 Too busy cooking yesterday I guess. I'm here now & love your introductions!!
Shocker you just crack me up with your "illustrations"!!:rotfl2:

Hi, Doreen!!! What did you cook yesterday?

disneyfan61, is this you?

doreen.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I think I want a short-sleeve sweater with my name across the front. :rotfl:

How funny. My niece will be 13 this summer also and her name is Elizabeth. Thankfully she doesn't push the limits just yet. My sister's always been the "lucky" one in regards to kids in the behavior dept. I think it's because she couldn't handle it! ;)
So, I know I'm the only reader you have who is this clueless but where do you get these oh-so-wonderful codes?

Hi, Melissa! Your sister's day may be coming! ;)

I saved three vacation offers over on the Disney website, and they sent me an email with the pin code. I just knew I needed to use it.

Hehehehe...(doesn't LL do that a lot...;) Don't forget I'm 2 1/2 years ahead of you on this stuff...so I know where you are coming from and I know where you are headed...;) and Emily like Chelsea is a really nice girl and a great kid but even so there are days...:sad2:...I laugh so I don't cry...(didn't someone famous say that?)

Someone famous did say that, but I can't remember who -- I think I will make that my motto as well!

There was actually a group that was actually nicknamed the racoon girls in 7th grade...it was way over the top...(their makeup)

:rotfl:

The first year they don't want an American Girl Doll is really sad...:sad1:

It is because American Girl still has the cutest stuff -- so much more fun to buy stuff for Molly than Ugg boots. :sad2:

btw...J...you might appreciate (or not) this...Emily thinks it would be really cool/fun/nice if she could invite a couple of friends on her birthday trip...hehehehe

Emily is a funny girl. :rotfl: Chelsea had her little friends down in my room this morning before homeroom -- they came in a cloud of Christmas perfume. I don't think I would be able to breathe in the car if I let her bring friends. :laughing:

That's one of the many reasons that I would like to buy DVC -- then when the kids are older, they could invite friends to come with us.

But in the meantime, I am trying to decide if I can handle letting Chelsea host a Valentine-making party in February...

As far as the clothes, as long as no unseemly body parts are hanging out, I am okay with most of her clothes. Not fighting that battle.

But the sassy mouth...that's a battle I am willing to fight. ;)

I was thinking of taking Chelsea to the Clinique counter. I used to wear it all the time, and I also like their skin care system.

How was your first day back?
I'm trying to get into the swing of things.

Yesterday was pretty painless since it was a teacher workday. Today the students are back, and it will probably be a whole different experience.

You'll appreciate this being a New Yorker. This morning, Connor and I are layering on the clothes, coats, gloves, etc. (It was 17 degrees.) Chelsea comes waltzing out saying, "I don't know why you two think it's so cold. It's this cold all the time in New York City and the people there don't put that many layers on."

I looked at her and said, "Oh, yes, they do!"

To which my darling responded, "Yes, but they do it stylishly...like me." :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

After all the talk around here, I'm thinking I am glad I have boys :laughing: this weekend we were at a playdate (you know the ones where kids go upstairs and Mommy's get some adult time downstairs) and one of the Mom's had something on her lap that Patrick wanted so he just grabbed it. Well, it was pretty close to her crotch and she laughed and said to me "that's the easiest you'll ever get to grab a girls crotch" My only response was "I hope so!" Ugh! Do they have to grow up? (I guess the answer is yes if I ever want them out of my house ;) )

After all the talk around here, I'm thinking I am glad I have boys :laughing: this weekend we were at a playdate (you know the ones where kids go upstairs and Mommy's get some adult time downstairs) and one of the Mom's had something on her lap that Patrick wanted so he just grabbed it. Well, it was pretty close to her crotch and she laughed and said to me "that's the easiest you'll ever get to grab a girls crotch" My only response was "I hope so!" Ugh! Do they have to grow up? (I guess the answer is yes if I ever want them out of my house ;) )

Yes, you do want them to grow up and move out eventually! We just want it to be as painless as possible. :goodvibes

So any more secret pixie dust info you would like to share? I am all ears?????? popcorn:: Are you still going with the GF or are you still contemplating the Beach Club. I just looked at Lurkyloos pictures of the boardwalk room and I think that's where i want to stay next! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter