• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Torn between DVC direct and resale

I think buying resale makes far more sense for most people and certainly for a 1st contract. If anything buy resale to get access to better incentives down the line if you want to one day buy direct. Our family did purchase the minimum to get direct during the VGF firesale. It was worth it to us because the price was cheaper than what resale was at VGF prior to them opening the new building and with the exception of years we visit during Christmas/New Years we can drop down to the Sorcerers pass which is a huge savings. Obviously Disney can pull that at anytime but even if it is just a few years it will eat up a lot of the difference. We also look at the lack of restrictions on that contract as a bonus. Not sure if we will or will not use it at those resorts but it is nice to have as an option. The other "perks" are basically worthless.
I disagree that the other perks are “worthless”. Not as big of a deal for the WDW folks, but we got some small perks at Aulani and DLand that make it feel just a bit more magical to be DVC-Y.

I’m looking at you sparkly magic band getting lowered into the free popcorn refill bucket on my way out the door to the mimosa and macaroons (or poke and saki) class while sharing pictures with other members we took from the balcony of Star View Station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter