ToTW lounge access ending?

"A mere hop, skip and a jump away from the Magic Kingdom, come to our restful retreat atop Bay Lake Tower! Relax in the lounge and take in the view. Snacks and drinks from 11-4, with light Hors d'œuvres from 6-10. Private fireworks viewings on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays! $85/day per person!"

I read to my father in law today "come to Hollywood Studios for 3 hours after park closing to ride 8 different rides you can ride when it's open anyway." Asked him how much that should cost and he said "$30". When I told him it was selling at $125, we both laughed.
If people will pay it, Disney is more than happy to charge it.

I read to my father in law today "come to Hollywood Studios for 3 hours after park closing to ride 8 different rides you can ride when it's open anyway." Asked him how much that should cost and he said "$30". When I told him it was selling at $125, we both laughed.
If people will pay it, Disney is more than happy to charge it.

The thing about the DAH, is that if you're a rides person, you could bypass the daily admission and spend your days by the pool or whatever else you like to do. Isn't it $95 for DVC members?

I, personally, could spend the day in the parks and not care how many rides I get on, but my DH is bored if we aren't riding rides. It's a bit of a problem. Anyway, once our AP's have expired, we plan on taking a trip and doing minimal or NO regular park days, just DAH and spending our days enjoying the resorts and DS, etc.

I think we could have hit AK and DHS DAH last week when we were there and a Christmas party and then paid for 1 day admission to Epcot for less than a 4 day ticket and it would have been a very relaxing trip while DH still got his ride fix.

This update seems promising. Not sure where they are getting their information from, but they are a pretty reputable source.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/new-dvc-dining-package-includes-fireworks-viewing/

UPDATE: Disney Vacation Club has stated that the Top of the World Lounge will remain available to members outside of this event, but a section will be blocked off to general members for this offering

That’s good news! I can’t understand why Disney doesn’t just get in front of stuff like this with clear communications, anticipating likely questions. Even if delivering “bad news,” the rumors and speculation always makes it 10x worse / a bigger deal.

So I just booked the dinner for January 28th and here's what the DVC MS CM provided me:

• $73.45 per adult which includes tax & gratuity
  • Includes one appetizer,one entrée and one dessert from The Wave's regular menu
  • Small desserts & drinks to follow in TOTW Lounge for private fireworks viewing
  • For our date, dinner begins at 6:30 pm
Not sure this helps anyone, but this is what they told me :)

I think it's a good idea. The food at TOTWL is not very good, except the chocolate cake obviously. $73.45 seems pretty reasonable to me. Roughly comes out to $55-57 for a 3 course meal before tax/tip (? drinks included by the description). Even if drinks not included, it's not egregious. If drinks are included, it's a steal.

I can see members, myself included, not eating at a table service restaurant in fear of slow service and missing the fireworks, or getting up to the lounge close to game time and not having a place to sit.

I always thought that they should charge entrance anyway and credit it back to the bill. That way, you have to spend money in the lounge to occupy a table. That said, I hope that the bar access is still available. It's the only place, that I'm aware of, where you can drink at the bar and watch sports in the area.

I think it's a good idea. The food at TOTWL is not very good, except the chocolate cake obviously. $73.45 seems pretty reasonable to me. Roughly comes out to $55-57 for a 3 course meal before tax/tip (? drinks included by the description). Even if drinks not included, it's not egregious. If drinks are included, it's a steal.

I can see members, myself included, not eating at a table service restaurant in fear of slow service and missing the fireworks, or getting up to the lounge close to game time and not having a place to sit.

I always thought that they should charge entrance anyway and credit it back to the bill. That way, you have to spend money in the lounge to occupy a table. That said, I hope that the bar access is still available. It's the only place, that I'm aware of, where you can drink at the bar and watch sports in the area.
As long as it isn't fully taking away the lounge from members who aren't using the package, I agree. If you don't have dinner plans anyway, and plan on having a couple of drinks anyway, it is probably worthwhile and gives the lounge their needed benefit.

As for non-paying users, isn't the rooftop and elevator paid for by BLT owners anyway? As long as they aren't actually using the lounge, they aren't taking anything except for rooftop space from those who do want to make use of it.

I'm assuming 'drinks' does not include alcohol especially since they don't specify the number of drinks. If it does, then it's a good deal. If not you can eat at California Grill for nearly the same price and get much better food and use their fireworks viewing deck.

The Wave/TOTW package is $59 + tax/tip. There are numerous entree + dessert options at California Grill that add up to $61 and you can't compare the food quality to The Wave IMO.

"A mere hop, skip and a jump away from the Magic Kingdom, come to our restful retreat atop Bay Lake Tower! Relax in the lounge and take in the view. Snacks and drinks from 11-4, with light Hors d'œuvres from 6-10. Private fireworks viewings on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays! $85/day per person!"

for every person for every day of the reservation. Your 14 year old niece that doesn't eat or drink alcohol staying for a Saturday night - BOOM $85.00 x 10 days.

I'm assuming 'drinks' does not include alcohol especially since they don't specify the number of drinks. If it does, then it's a good deal. If not you can eat at California Grill for nearly the same price and get much better food and use their fireworks viewing deck.

The Wave/TOTW package is $59 + tax/tip. There are numerous entree + dessert options at California Grill that add up to $61 and you can't compare the food quality to The Wave IMO.

I agree, but reservations are much harder to come by for California Grill, no?

Ok I’m sorry didn’t read every post

Is the wave dinner available to everyone.
If so WOW what a deal !
IMO wave food amazing and BLt viewing area better than Cali grill.

IMO access to BLT lounge for DVC members was one of the best perks.
Is this gone... if so I’m writing a letter!
Thanks
Kerri

Could this be the private viewing area???? Up here for New Years and this is roped off for someone, somehow.

Attachments

• 1231182300-1.jpg
    1231182300-1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 109
Could this be the private viewing area???? Up here for New Years and this is roped off for someone, somehow.

That would make sense. Seems kind of dumb to set it up on their busiest night, two weeks before the package starts.

Completely exposed? It gets crazy windy up there sometimes. Good luck to anyone who gets suckered into this one. Yikes.

Universal tried this at Bar17. Even with tall glass shields the wind sitting at the bar is crazy.

This gives access to parking at BLT or Contemporary. We would book the Wave and go to TOTW after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter