TOTWL Question

MinnieB

Earning My Ears
Hi all. We are booked in a couple weeks at VGF in two separate units. 8 of us (including the blue card members) are staying in a two bedroom and 2 of us (non DVC) are staying in a resort studio. All are booked on the same membership, but technically it is not "the same reservation" because we didn't all want to cram into one space. Does this mean I will not be able to take the two in the studio to the TOTW lounge? Anyone have experience navigating this?

As an aside, navigating everything is just way harder than it ever used to be. After planning this trip, I have to wonder how many more times I really want to do this.

So I just booked the "Wicked Wind Down" in November. Our family of 6 are staying in two villas at The Poly. I had to rearrange the reservations to put 1 DVC member in each room to make the reservation. I asked about just going up on another night and the Cast member said it would be fine since I had rearranged my room reservation- so I assume you would need to change who is registered in each of the rooms to reflect a DVC member in each room. I know it's a pain, but it worked- or at least we think it did! Will know November 20th!

As an aside, navigating everything is just way harder than it ever used to be. After planning this trip, I have to wonder how many more times I really want to do this.
We been (and I can’t believe I’m saying this) going to Disney for over 20 years….time flies. It used to be so much easier.

I have a friends adult son who contacted me and asked me to help him plan. I think after all the new info, charge for magicbands, genie, genie plus, ILL, price increases, etc, he cancelled his trip and decided to go elsewhere with his kids. He said he didn’t want the headache.

Hmmmm….that’s something to be said for Disneys changes turning people away.

To book the Wicked Wind Down event in July, I had to move my friend to my room vs the one with her son so we could go.

So, when you go to book, you may need to have a member is each room.

They said the rules are not the same for going FCFS.

Last edited:

I had asked a cast member about checking in and bringing up our whole group (2 blue members with a total of 13 people staying on our points).

I was told as long as both blue card members were present we'd be able to check in and go up pending availability.

Thanks so much all. Super helpful. I don't love the idea of re-arranging the reservations at this point (kind of worried it will mess something up after all this effort and really want my magic band to work for my room), so we may just plan to go the night we arrive, before any of our friends get there (they all have later flights)! Really appreciate all the input. And also the commiserating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter