Touringplans subscription.... still useful during Covid time??

I just renewed my subscription because I love planning my trip even though in the end, I don't actually use any touring plan!! I like the Lines App and I like the room request feature. I do have a question about how the crowd calendar works during Covid. I'm checking days that show no availability of park reservations in April and comparing to days that show no park reservations available in June and getting different numbers for the crowd. April is showing 2s and 3s while June is showing 5s and 6s. Are park capacity limits expected to be increasing in the summer for some reason?

I normally subscribe just before a trip, so I am a subscriber most of the time :). One thing I like is the "Disney World Mobile Browser App" Lines (touringplans.com) . It allows you to look at lines and crowd levels from your desktop computer. This allows you to see a lot of information on a big screen and it is super fast. Below is just a snippet of what you can see if you are a paid member.

Lines (touringplans.com)

I just started using the Lines App and I think it is very useful. Just completed two trips to WDW and the times were very helpful.

I just renewed my subscription because I love planning my trip even though in the end, I don't actually use any touring plan!! I like the Lines App and I like the room request feature. I do have a question about how the crowd calendar works during Covid. I'm checking days that show no availability of park reservations in April and comparing to days that show no park reservations available in June and getting different numbers for the crowd. April is showing 2s and 3s while June is showing 5s and 6s. Are park capacity limits expected to be increasing in the summer for some reason?
Well I'm going in June, so that's a shame

I’m a wondering about their FREE BASIC service.
I like planning for the trip. I typically use it to hit the highlights in the first two hours of the park.

Has anyone used their free service while they’re in the park to Re-optimize based on daily wait times?

I have used refreshing REOPTIMIZE in the past, and don’t understand the use of paying for the subscription if the basic service provide the same information

I’ve never found the plans to be helpful because my son uses a DAS and there’s really no way to build that into the plan, but what I have used the plans for is just make a list if everything we want to get done in a day, and check them off as we get done. Then optimize from time to time during the plan to decide what we are doing next.

We have a trip planned and I kept my subscription. I loosely used the crowd calendar ( because who knows month to month at this point what crowds will be looking like ) but I do like it as a reference as well as for the restaurant ADR alert. THAT may come in very handy this year because of the reduced locations open.

We have continued renewing for about 7 yrs now. I think it’s worth it. We have all of our trip histories in there. We’ve had great success with the room request feature and ADR finder. The crowd calendar is good for a giggle 🤭 heehee. They have had some very good articles over the years. Who can forget Len and the colored tape out in his driveway showing the difference between room square footages 😆 I also like the merch report and Sat Six.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter