Tours Returning to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom in Early 2022!

I'm planning on booking Up Close with Rhinos for my May trip (missed being able to reserve it for the April trip), Starlight Safari and Keys to the Kingdom also for May. I was hoping Behind the Seeds would be back for my April trip, still holding out a little hope.

IT WAS MAGICAL!!!!

Planning on booking the Wild Africa trek for DH and DD the day she turns 10yo (due to a bridge phobia I won’t do it) and I was wondering if there’s a meal included if I book the 8:45am tour?! Do you remember at what time the tour ended? Thanks!

Last edited:
Planning on booking the Wild Africa trek for DH and DD the day she turns 10yo (due to a bridge phobia I won’t do it) and I was wondering if there’s a meal included if I book the 8:45am tour?! Fo you remember at what time the tour ended? Thanks!
We’re doing this one on the 19th at this time! I’ll try to remember to come back and update what the meal is for this time. I have a bridge phobia too but I’m hoping the excitement of the tour is going to be enough to help with the bridge.

We’re doing this one on the 19th at this time! I’ll try to remember to come back and update what the meal is for this time. I have a bridge phobia too but I’m hoping the excitement of the tour is going to be enough to help with the bridge.

Thank you!

We did keys to the kingdom on Thursday and got to see a lot of the parade floats before the first parade! So we got to see it first, really ;) it was awesome and not typical due to the parade running earlier that day.

Highly recommend that tour--worth every penny.

When is the earliest that Tours can be booked? I believe it's 60 days. But I'm wondering if it's 60 (+10), like dining?
And what time on Day 60? 12am? 7am?
When I look online at Wild Africa Trek, it appears as though it's just 60 days from date of Tour. But I checked this morning right at 7am EST and all the morning times were already gone for the furthest possible date in May? So either booking opens at midnight or people are calling at 60 (+10) to book?

Tours can be booked at 60+10. Some people report being able to do it at midnight, others report availability at 5:30 am.

Planning on booking the Wild Africa trek for DH and DD the day she turns 10yo (due to a bridge phobia I won’t do it) and I was wondering if there’s a meal included if I book the 8:45am tour?! Do you remember at what time the tour ended? Thanks!

The Trek is a good solid 3 hours. Part of every tour is a stop at the "pavillion" on the Savannah for viewing and a light meal. I did the first thing AM tour and food was very light yogurt, fruit, That tasty juice they also serve at AKL, etc. Lovely! The lunch time fare seems more substantial but have not tried.

Last edited:
The Trek is a good solid 3 hours. Part of every tour is a stop at the "pavillion" on the Savannah for viewing and a light meal. I did the first thing AM tour and food was very light yogurt, fruit, That tasty juide they also serve at AKL, etc. Lovely! The lunch time fare seems more substantial but have not tried.
What time was the meal? I have the 8:45 trek, and expected the meal to be around 11 and would be our “lunch” is that a bad plan?

I would not count on an exact time. The tour is a bit fluid depending on animals. Id also think of it more a light snack rather than meal. It wont be first thing. Will likely be an early "lunch" If your still hungry after you can get a counter service snack?

Looking at all the tours opening up in Animal Kingdom. Has anyone done the starlight safari? Trying to think of one to surprise the gf with.

When is the earliest that Tours can be booked? I believe it's 60 days. But I'm wondering if it's 60 (+10), like dining?
And what time on Day 60? 12am? 7am?
When I look online at Wild Africa Trek, it appears as though it's just 60 days from date of Tour. But I checked this morning right at 7am EST and all the morning times were already gone for the furthest possible date in May? So either booking opens at midnight or people are calling at 60 (+10) to book?
I know about the 60 days but where does the +10 come into play?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter