Toystoryduo’s Journal: Baby Steps are the Key... Celebrate Each Victory!

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by and for your words of support and encouragement. :goodvibes

So far I have spent most of the day on DD's online homeschool enrollment. She took her placement tests this afternoon and I should be able to get all of the extra paperwork out in the mail tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I did my 5 Factor this morning and I've been eating pretty well today:

B: 1 bowl of Cheerios (no milk)
S: 1 small orange
L: Lean Cuisine Chicken Basil Something or Other
S: 1.5 handfuls of tator tots, 2 bites of DD's mac-cheese
S: 1 handful of baby carrots
D: ?

I know I have only been eating 5 meals a day the past two days, but I am really hungry all of the time! Does that mean my metabolism is higher now? :confused3 It's odd because I really am hungry. Can eating 5 meals a day make that much of a difference?

When DH comes home from work, we may head out to the Disney Store for Disney Dollars. (My first commission from the travel agency should be here today! :Pinkbounc ) If that happens, we may eat at Red Lobster for dinner or just get something quick somewhere else. It's really up in the air right now.

For the rest of the day... (garage sale was cancelled :( )

* eBay research

* 15 minute cleaning in the front room

* Disney Store?

* dinner

* Library (have DVDs to return)

* Work on some client follow-ups and practice quotes

Again, thanks everyone for stopping by! I really appreciate your encouragement and support! :grouphug: I hope to be stopping by journals soon. :goodvibes

Have a great Tuesday! :sunny:

Hi, Tracey!
If you do go to Red Lobster and you are looking for something new to eat, I'd highly recommend the roasted tilapia in a bag. It is very highly seasoned tilapia baked in parchment with all sorts of veggies. I think the full serving was 12 pts on WW but they also have a 1/2 serving. I'd order some steamed broccoli with it and mix that in with the veggies as the wine sauce it is cooked in is to die for.

Have a fun evening, kiddo! Congrats on that commission! :hug:

Weigh-in today: 215.4.. :headache: I'm really getting tired of this... Back on April 6th, I weighed in at 210.6 and now I am up to 215.4. :sad2: When I originally set my new goal of 15 pounds by September, I would have weighed 189. Now, if I lose 15 pounds, it will put me at 200!:furious:

Don't have any clue where I am going from here... I know that this weight loss journey I am on has taken a turn down the wrong road. I can' t understand what is going on. I've been working out consistently for almost 4 weeks now and modifying what I eat. The result? Almost a 5 pound gain! :( It just doesn't make any sense to me. :sad2:

Today's Plan:

* Get DD5's enrollment information sent out

* Walk ( 5 Factor rest day)

* Practice Disney Cruise Quote

* Ebay research

* 15 minutes of cleaning x 2 in the living room (didn't get to it yesterday)

* Start planning garage sale

That's it for today..... Sorry for the vent this morning. :blush: Have a great Wednesday! :sunny:

Hi Tracy!!!

Sorry to hear the WI didn't go the way we wanted :grouphug: It will start moving in the right direct soon....I know it will. One thing that my DH has to constantly remind of is that mucsle weights more than fat...maybe with all the exercising you are gaining more muscle....that could be it...Just stick with it....the scale will move in the right direction....

Hope you have a wonderful day!! You are doing a great job. Keep it up

It is totally ok to vent. That is what this place is for! I know I definitely feel better after a good DIS vent. :grouphug: You are doing all the right things. The scale will turn around. Maybe it is more muscle or TOM is coming for a visit?

Thanks for your kind words in my journal. Congrats on your first commission check! Have a happy Wednesday! :banana:

Yesterday was a very tough day for me... I just couldn't get over how much weight I have gained. I literally sat around most of the day trying to figure out why. :( I've been working out. I've been making better food choices. So, what's up? I would have been happy just maintaining, but a gain? I just don't understand. :confused3

So, needless to say, I ate way too much yesterday. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say that at least 2 pieces of cheescake and a can of Pringles were involved. :sad2:

The strange thing is that I am in better shape now than I was when I was a size 7 in high school. I have more muscle and better cardio endurance. (And I was a gymnast! ) I guess that's one positive I can look at on this journey.

So, the quest for answers continues today......

Have a good Thursday! :sunny:

Hi Tracy,

I am so sorry that you had a tough day yesterday.....It will get better. :grouphug:

Keep your head up.....

Have a great day!

"hey, cheer up Tracy, you know what they say...
Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad :furious:
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing life's gristle,
Don't grumble,
Give a whistle :rolleyes1
And this'll help things turn out for the best.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life!!

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing. :cool1:
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle. :rolleyes1
That's the thing.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life!!"

;)

Pringles - YUM!

Hang in there Tracy, it will turn around. Tomorrow will be a new day. :thumbsup2 Like you said, you are in better shape now and the weight loss WILL follow. Just maybe not as fast as we would all like it too!

Hi Tracy!

It's been awhile since I've seen you. I'm so glad you're back!

I've read through your journal. The 5 factor plan sounds interesting. I know you are having a hard time with weight gain, but don't give up!

:grouphug: First of all....a HUGE hug for you. We've all been there...discouraging days, tough days. I'm so sorry that you had a tough one. But you ARE being healthy, making GREAT lifestyle choices and taking care of yourself. It will make a difference and it does make a difference right now. Unfortunately, all your hard work isn't showing up in a tangible way for you. Just keep in mind one thing...and this isn't just one of those sayings....working out builds muscle and muscle DEFINITELY weighs more. That is a fact. Plus, you could be retaining water....many things can cause weight fluctuation from day to day. So please don't be hard on yourself. And sometimes we slip up, and sometimes we eat bad food or don't exercise. It's okay....I promise!!! You are doing SUPER overall!!! Keep your chin up and keep plugging away. You will see results. :grouphug:

Hi Tracy,

How did you do go? Did you have a better day???

Hope all is well. Keep it up....you are doing great!

Happy Friday :)

Good morning everyone,

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement and support! Your posts put a big :teeth: on my face this morning.

I am ready to have a great day today! Yesterday was pretty good, but towards the end of the afternoon, my DH had some work stress that he had to deal with. We went out to eat afterwards and had a slow, relaxing meal at Outback. Ahhh... Went to bed early and for the first time in months, I got 8 hours of sleep! :cloud9: Woohoo! :Pinkbounc

Today, I plan on taking a hot bath, relaxing, doing some WDW planning, and finishing laundry. That's it! Tomorrow, there are a lot of rummage/ garage sales I want to go to, DH starts deejaying weddings with his friend again, and the girls and I will go to church and my MIL's for dinner. On Sunday, we'll get some Disney Dollars with DH's deejay money and clean the garage out.

I got 5 Factor in already and added a 45 minute walk at the end. It's so :sunny: outside!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :sunny:

Hey Tracy!

I'm glad you're doing better. I know it's frustrating when you have an unexplained gain. I'm sure it'll make up for itself next week. Don't get down, get goin! (which you're already doing!). You are sticking with the 5 factor plan, which is awesome. You're gonna see those numbers falling off...I know it! :yay:

Thanks so much for your encouragement on my journal. You are a GREAT source of support for me, and I appreciate it! :thumbsup2

Tracy,

It's so nice that you got to go out for dinner and especially get a GOOD night sleep! I'm so glad that you are feeling better :sunny: .

I hope you have a great weekend! Enjoy the Disney planning...that is MY favorite activity :goodvibes .

Sounds like you have a really nice day and weekend planned. Great job on getting your 5 Factor AND a walk in already! Glad today is better for you! :cool1:

Hey Tracy - glad things are going better for you. I can relate to being upset w/ a gain....or with life in general.....hang in there, the scale will show you that your hard work is paying off! Like you said, you are in better shape, you're cardio endurance is great, and you feel great - don't worry about the scale....it will come.
Oh, I'm so jealous....you got to take a nice hot bath today!!! I can't even take a shower without some kid (usually one of mine) banging on the door and yelling about something someone did!!! Geez....i'd kill for a nice hot bath......hey.....maybe i'll go take one now..... :teeth:

hang in there girl...we're all on the same path and we're here for you!!

marie

Hi Tracy!
I am just checking in and catching up on your journal--
I did bring back some pixie dust--even if i didnt go to disney :)
hope you have a great weekend

Good afternoon fellow WISHers! :sunny:

Today has been a good day so far. This morning at a rummage sale we got:

* A stroller for WDW: $5

* A booster seat for DD3: $4

* A kid's set of golf clubs (real ones!): $3

* A BRAND NEW dehydrator: $4

* A bunch of stuff for eBay: $10

* Like new bedding for DD3: $2

:banana: Woohoo!

I got my 5 Factor Fitness book in the mail today so I can take the library's book back. ;) I'm going to re-read it again and this time, I can highlight in it! :cool1: I'm also reading The Weigh Down Diet by Gwen Shamblin so I can see if there are some ideas I might want to incorporate into my diet as well.

DH is off deejaying a wedding with his friend tonight so it's just me and the girls! We already miss him, but it's great that the money he earns will go towards WDW. :goodvibes The girls and I will got to church and then to my MIL's for dinner. Then, home to read! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow, we are celebrating Easter with my grandma and grandpa. Monday is Spring Cleaning day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :sunny: I'll try to get to journals tomorrow or Monday. :goodvibes

What a productive day you are having!!! :banana: Sounds like fun...enjoy the quality time with the kids and your new found bargain purchases!! WTG!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter