Trader Sams at 3pm

DoubleDown7

Mouseketeer
Hey guys.

We have a party of 6 and we’d like to get inside at Trader Sams on Tuesday April 26 for the 3pm opening. What time should we arrive?

Thanks.

Hey guys.

We have a party of 6 and we’d like to get inside at Trader Sams on Tuesday April 26 for the 3pm opening. What time should we arrive?

Thanks.
For 3 people I waited outside from 14.10. A CM came out and took my details at 14.15 and we all queued together at 14.50.

As PPs have noted, I would be there by 2 pm to get your name on the list. Then be back in the hallway by Trader Sam's around 2:45 pm to hear your name called. You will know, when you put your name on the list, if you will be in the first wave of guests at the 3 pm opening as there are only 50 spots available at opening.

Wow. DH and I heard that it was crowded, but we assumed that was after people left the parks. We'll be staying at the Poly soon and want to enjoy Trader Sam's.
Is this bar hard to get into all the time? Is there a "least crowded" time, or is lining up an hour before opening our best chance to see it?

We went a week ago Monday. There were only three of us (myself, my wife and my 10 year-old son) and we got our names on the list at about 2:15-2:20p. The CM taking names told us we were the third party on the list at that time. We hung out, walked around and ate a Dole Whip while we waited. When we were called back in at 3p I overheard the CM telling people that the wait was going to be about two hours!

Wow. DH and I heard that it was crowded, but we assumed that was after people left the parks. We'll be staying at the Poly soon and want to enjoy Trader Sam's.
Is this bar hard to get into all the time? Is there a "least crowded" time, or is lining up an hour before opening our best chance to see it?

Unless you want a long wait and, possibly, not finding spots together, your best bet is to put your name on the list about an hour before opening. Capacity is only 50, so they let 50 people in in the first wave. Subsequent guests are only let in when people leave. When we go, we typically arrive around 2 pm, put our name on the list, hang out at the Poly, go to Trader Sam's and then either go to MK or have dinner at one of the MK resorts.

Does anyone have any idea how busy trader sams will be this halloween - Mon oct 31 2022?

Also another Trader Sam's question - I'll be by myself so just looking for one spot (ideally at the bar). Should I still go at 2pm to get on the list or can I go a little later? I don't really care if I don't get in until a bit later but I don't want to twiddle my thumbs for 2 hours either.

We were there a couple of weeks ago (Aug. 6) - we got in line to sign up for the queue at 2 p.m. (for 2 people), got to the front at 2:17 to put our name on the list - we were texted that our table was ready at 4:26 p.m. It was a Saturday, so I'm sure that factored in to the long wait.

After we put our name on the list, we checked in at our hotel (CS)and then took the monorail to see GF and Contemporary... luckily we were at Contemporary when we got the text... we made it back to Trader Sam's in 16 mins exactly (instead of 15 mins) and our name had already been bumped... but the CMs were great; they had us stand to the side and got us in in about 5 mins.

That's helpful thanks!

So its' 15 mins to get back or you start getting bumped? That's reasonable.
Yep - it's done electronically. I thought there might be a grace window, but nope - it automatically bumps you and the next group is called. Though we saw the CMs help another couple, so unofficially if you are a minute late you can probably still get in (luckily for us!)... at least for a small party of 2.

Also another Trader Sam's question - I'll be by myself so just looking for one spot (ideally at the bar). Should I still go at 2pm to get on the list or can I go a little later? I don't really care if I don't get in until a bit later but I don't want to twiddle my thumbs for 2 hours either.

I've hit Trader Sam's a few times solo ... still recommend trying to get on the list around 2PM. From my experience they'll use the solos to fill in the bar or longboard table. Although I've never had a bad time, one of the best times I've ever had was as a solo seated at the longboard table with a bunch of off-duty cast members

Is it worth it to try to go for parents for 1 drink with almost 3 year old and a baby? The baby is chill, just wondering if the place would be entertaining for a toddler? We are staying at the Polynesian so if we went it would be on a resort day. Also, what makes the place so popular? Is it the tiki vibe?

If someone were to be the first one to arrive to start the initial queue, is it clear where the queue is to start? Can someone here please tell me exactly (within a foot or two) of where the queue starts and where the CM will come to take names? Is it immediately outside the door?

If someone were to be the first one to arrive to start the initial queue, is it clear where the queue is to start? Can someone here please tell me exactly (within a foot or two) of where the queue starts and where the CM will come to take names? Is it immediately outside the door?
If you walk through the front door of the Polynesian, walk straight through the lobby, when you get to the glass doors turn left (before you go outside), go past the stairs and curve around to the right (pass Capt Cooks)... not far down on the left is where people start to line up - literally right across the hall from the Trader Sam's door.

Is it worth it to try to go for parents for 1 drink with almost 3 year old and a baby? The baby is chill, just wondering if the place would be entertaining for a toddler? We are staying at the Polynesian so if we went it would be on a resort day. Also, what makes the place so popular? Is it the tiki vibe?
This place is so much fun! No to do any spoilers, lots of fun stuff goes on when certain drinks are ordered. That said it is dark and there are loud noises / lighting things that happen. So if the toddler / baby would be startled by any of that, may want to reconsider. It is a fun, loud vibe more than it is a quiet, chill vibe.

As PPs have noted, I would be there by 2 pm to get your name on the list. Then be back in the hallway by Trader Sam's around 2:45 pm to hear your name called. You will know, when you put your name on the list, if you will be in the first wave of guests at the 3 pm opening as there are only 50 spots available at opening.
That was our experience as well.
They said they would text you if you weren't present. But, they also just kept calling names if somebody wasn't there. Didn't appear that they were holding any space if you were texted.
Also this is seat yourself, so a larger group, you want to be higher on the list.

That was our experience as well.
They said they would text you if you weren't present. But, they also just kept calling names if somebody wasn't there. Didn't appear that they were holding any space if you were texted.
Also this is seat yourself, so a larger group, you want to be higher on the list.
When we went 2 weeks ago, it was all text / electronic. They took everyone's name and phone number - made you stand there while they sent a test-text. No one stayed around - the hallway was empty when we came back after we got our text.

When we went 2 weeks ago, it was all text / electronic. They took everyone's name and phone number - made you stand there while they sent a test-text. No one stayed around - the hallway was empty when we came back after we got our text.
Good to know. That seems like a much better solution than what they did before. If you weren't back there before they opened (even if you were on the list), you could miss your spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter